The First Domino

Unseen By You

Kiseop woke up that morning like any other morning. He quickly got dressed and headed out to meet up with his best friend Hoon so they could head to class together. He wished school would be over soon. The workload was starting to consume any free time he had.

 

He waved to Hoon when he got to the park. Hoon waved back and got up from the bench and came over to his friend, “hey Kiseop. Late night again huh?”

 

“That obvious?” Kiseop replied turning to his friend, “I was studying all night.”

 

“Let's just hope Kevin's in a good mood today,” Hoon replied as he turned to Kiseop.

 

Kevin. Kevin Woo. He was worse than a lot of the girls he'd met and he always had something to pick on Kiseop about. It annoyed him.

 

“I hear he has a new boy toy,” Hoon cut into Kiseop's thoughts.

 

“Who is it this week?” Kiseop rolled his eyes.

 

“I don't know, some new guy. Eli I think.”

 

“Eli? I don't know him.”

 

“Maybe you don't want to. Trust me. Don't give Kevin a reason to hate you more than he already does.”

 

“I don't even know what I did to him in the first place.”

 

“He's just an attention ,” Hoon replied bluntly, “and I guess he just needs someone to hate.”

 

The two finally reached the school building and saw Kevin sitting on the steps. They both kept their eyes away from any possible eye contact and headed up the stairs past him. That was the first time Kevin didn't have any smart remark to say to Kiseop.

 

Hoon went upstairs to where his locker was while Kiseop stayed on the main floor to head to his. His sleepy brain wasn't making him pay attention to anything around him and he accidentally walked into someone.

 

“Sorry!” he quickly said and looked up to the other boy.

 

“It's okay. I wasn't really paying attention,” the other boy replied.

 

Kiseop tried his best not to stare. He really did. This boy was just so... perfect. He's never seen anyone come close to this. What the heck was wrong with him?

 

“I was half-asleep,” he tried to laugh a little, “so I guess it was my fault.”

 

“It happens. I don't think I've met you before. I'm Eli.”

 

Kiseop's eyes widened a little. Eli? As in Kevin's Eli? Uh oh.

 

“Kiseop,” he replied, “I'm late. So I guess I'll see you around.”

 

He quickly headed up the stairs before Eli could reply and went to find Hoon. After what seemed to take forever he reached his locker slightly out of breath.

 

“Uh oh. I know that look,” Hoon turned to him after pulling out his last textbook, “Kevin said something to you didn't he?”

 

Kiseop shook his head, “a little worse than that. I met Eli.”

 

“Oh no, and you talked to him? Kevin's going to kill you.”

 

“I didn't know it was him until he said who he was. He was really nice though. At least he seemed nice. Maybe he's different around Kevin. I don't know.”

 

“You're babbling. Oh no please don't say you like him,” Hoon rolled his eyes, “that's be asking Kevin to kill you.”

 

“What? No. I don't like him. Why would you say something like that?”

 

“You only babble when you like someone. I know you too well by now.”

 

“Well... okay I thought he was cute. That's all.”

 

Hoon flicked his forehead, “get that thought out of your head. Come on. We'll be late for class.”

 

Kiseop sighed and followed Hoon.

 

Was it possible to like someone that fast?