Lunch Interrupted

Unseen By You

After math class had finally ended Kiseop gathered up his books and walked with Hoon to his locker so they could spend lunch together.

 

“Think Eli will come get you?” Hoon teased a bit as he opened his locker, “he might you know.”

 

Kiseop shrugged, “too bad for him. I already had plans and I told him that. He just doesn't know how to take no for an answer nicely.”

 

“Hmm fist gorgeous guy that you actually like and he seems to take an interest in you plus it's a way to get back at Kevin and you're not interested in the slightest. Are you sick or something?” Hoon put a hand to his forehead.

 

Kiseop shook him off, “I'm fine.”

 

“Well,” he grinned, “if you don't want him, I'll gladly take him once he's done with Kevin that is.”

 

“You wouldn't.”

 

“Oh is that jealousy I smell?” Hoon raised an eyebrow, “I sense somebody's in denial over here. You like him. A lot. Once you accept that fact life usually gets much easier.”

 

“Are you kidding me?” Kiseop scoffed, “never have I met someone as obnoxious and persistent as him. Plus he just doesn't know how to take a hint. No way would I go out with him. Maybe I like him but that's as far as it goes.”

 

“You want to tell him that?” Hoon asked looking over his shoulder, “he's coming this way right now.”

 

Kiseop rolled his eyes as he turned to face Eli.

 

“Hey I thought you forgot,” he grinned when he reached Kiseop.

 

“I told you I had plans already. It seems you forgot,” Kiseop shot back, “I always eat lunch with Hoon. I'm surprised Kevin didn't tell you that.”

 

“That's okay. Hoon can come too. I can call up my friend AJ so he won't feel left out.”

 

“Oh really?” Kiseop raised an eyebrow, “and how do you plan the Kevin problem you're about to have?”

 

“Kevin problem?” Eli blinked.

 

“ELLISON KIM!” Kevin's shrill voice rang out behind him.

 

“Good luck with that,” Kiseop hit his shoulder lightly.

 

Eli spun around to face Kevin, “don't call me that! Eli is my name!”

 

Kevin glared at him and Kiseop, “I told you never to talk to him again. Apparently you don't listen, and you were supposed to take me out. You forgot didn't you?”

 

“Maybe I was trying to forget,” Eli muttered.

 

Kevin stomped his foot and grabbed his arm, “we're going. Now!”

 

“Do you always whine to get what you want?” Eli asked pulling out of his grip.

 

“No. I always get what I want. I never have to whine, until I met you.”

 

“Five-year-olds whine,” Eli replied, “and they're annoying.”

 

Kevin stayed silent for a minute. Kiseop and Hoon both thought he was going to explode.

 

“Eli,” his tone softened, “please come eat lunch with me. You can have other plans tomorrow.”

 

Eli rolled his eyes, “you say that every time.”

 

Kevin smiled a little, “yes I know, but I mean it this time. I won't be here tomorrow since I have other things to do. So please? Just for one more day?”

 

Eli sighed, “okay fine.”

 

Kevin smiled and linked arms with him and they walked down the hall out of sight together. Kiseop shook his head. He really couldn't believe that Eli had fallen for that. At the same time a little part of him was angry. He wanted Eli to get mad at Kevin and take him and Hoon out with his friend AJ, but he ignored that little part since he knew it was never going to happen anyways since Kevin was always going to be in the picture somehow. At this point he wasn't expecting Eli to ask him to hang out ever again. Kevin would sink his claws into him and that would be it.

 

“Kiseop?” Hoon's voice cut into his thoughts, “are you okay?”

 

Kiseop smiled a little and nodded, “yeah. Let's go eat.”