Epilogue?

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years later

 

 

“Omma, can you fetch Soo Jin later? I have a photo shoot and the photographer is being an by delaying every thing.” Nana whispered into the phone, trying her best to keep her voice low so she won’t be caught by anyone.

 

“Sure. 3 pm right?”

 

“Yeah. You can drop her off at my place. I can call Bekah to take care of Soo Jin while I’m still at work.”

 

“No way. Your appa will kill me if I don’t bring Soo Jin home with me. I’ll bring her to my house later. You pick her up later when you’re done.”

 

“Arasso omma. Thank you! Love you!”

 

*

 

Jung Ah was waiting outside her granddaughter’s classroom since she was early. She noticed how Soo Jin was sitting in a corner with a lady who Jung Ah assumed is her teacher. Jung Ah noticed how Soo Jin was not playing with the kids in her class. She couldn’t help but to worry. Soon enough, the school bell rang, indicating the end of a school day.

 

“Soo Jin-ah!” Jung Ah called out to her granddaughter. She made sure to have a huge smile plastered on her face. Well, not that she had to fake her smile often when she is with Soo Jin.

 

Instead of running to Jung Ah, Soo Jin only looked up for a little while to see who called her name and then she went back to continue packing her things. Jung Ah noticed this and without any hesitation, she went into the classroom and approached Soo Jin.

 

“Soo Jin yah~. Are you not happy to see me?” Jung Ah questioned the little girl.

 

“Appa promised to fetch me.” Soo Jin pouted while continue stuffing her lunch box in her bag.

 

“Appa has work, honey. She asked me to fetch you. How was your day sweetie?” Jung Ah tried to lighten the mood.

 

“Good! Ms Kwon and I made a castle using blocks!”

 

“Woaaah! But why weren’t you playing with your friends earlier on?”

 

“They’re not my friends! They are mean to me! They laughed at me when I said my appa is a girl and I don’t have an omma anymore!” Little Soo Jin looked up to meet Jung Ah’s eyes and then she looked down again. Tears were already threatening to fall from the little girl’s eyes.

 

Jung Ah quickly hugged the poor girl and gently patted her back to soothe her but it only made Soo Jin cry even harder.

 

“They laughed at me because I don’t fit in.” Soo Jin choked out in between her sobs but Jung Ah heard it all.

 

“It’s ok, honey. They don’t know the truth. Shhh. Don’t cry anymore. Appa said big girls don’t cry, right?” Jung Ah tried to coax the young one. The sobbing began to soften. Jung Ah grabbed Soo Jin’s bag and she was about to make her way to the main office of the school when someone tapped her shoulder causing Jung Ah to turn around.

 

“Good afternoon. I’m Kwon Yuri and I’m Soo Jin’s form teacher.” The lady in front of Jung Ah bowed. “Are you related to Soo Jin?”

 

“Good afternoon Ms Kwon. Yeah. She’s my granddaughter. I’m her guardian. I’m sure my daughter had included my name in the guardian list.” Jung Ah answered and adjusted the position of the already sleeping Soo Jin.

 

“I see. It’s usually Jin Ah-ssi or Bekah-ssi who fetches Soo Jin so I had to verify your identity.” Ms Kwon explained.

 

Jung Ah thought she was hearing things when she heard the teacher calling her daughter by her real name. Her daughter rarely introd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter