D-Day

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pretending to be an active 7 year old was difficult. Nana had to run around, play hide and seek, ignore her omma’s words (which was the most difficult thing because she was always the obedient one) and all. But the most difficult part was seeing Lizzy cry herself to sleep every night. Nana hated herself for being the reason why Lizzy has been crying herself to sleep. It wasn’t like she had much of a choice. It was her plan after all and for it to succeed, she had to follow it and bear with it for a little while.

It all ends today. It’s Lizzy’s birthday today and Nana was excited but at the same time nervous.

 

*

 

“Lizzy-ah. Can I drop you off at the toyshop where Nana used to work?” Kahi asked the younger girl who was busy making her bed.

“Huh? Why?” Lizzy tilted her head to the left.

“Nana has been bugging me to get this particular teddy bear from that shop.”

“But appa-“

“Pretty please?” Kahi pleaded with those irresistible puppy eyes. Lizzy could only nod. Kahi quickly engulfed the young one in a tight hug. “Thank you Lizzy-ah.”

 

*

 

Lizzy observed her 7-year-old girlfriend. For the first time, she was sitting quietly in the car. Her girlfriend seemed to be in really deep thoughts because even when Lizzy took a hold of her left hand and started rubbing the back of it, Nana was still in a daze.

“We’re here. I’ll fetch you guys when you’re done ok? Just give me a call.” Kahi smiled at the pair before shooing them out of the car.

Nana turned around to wave at her appa and that was when her appa winked at her and gave her a thumb up. Nana took a deep breath before dragging Lizzy to the bench that the latter had once sat on while crying her eyes out.

“Jin, the toyshop is there.” Lizzy was about to pull Nana’s hand but the latter’s hand pulled hers and the two of them landed on the bench. A blushing Lizzy was sitting on Nana’s lap. Nana grinned.

“You look beautiful, Soo Young-ah.” Nana smiled at her girlfriend and tucked the strands of loose hair behind her ear.

“W-w-what di-di-did y-you ca-call me?” Lizzy stuttered, not because she was nervous but she was surprised.

“Soo Young-ah~” Nana said in a sing sung manner.

“D-do yo-you re-remember me?” Lizzy hesitated but her she looked straight into Nana’s eyes.

“Yeah.” Nana paused, “I remember everything after I collapsed a few days ago.” Nana confessed. Lizzy who was stunned by the sudden confession, took a while to process what Nana had just said. When she did, she grabbed her purse and got off Nana’s lap with much difficulty thanks to her huge stomach. Lizzy then walked away from Nana with tears threatening to fall any moment now. She was angry and she felt cheated. 

“Soo Young-ah! Don’t go!” Nana yelled but Lizzy continued walking as quickly as she could. “SOO YOUNG!”

“I HATE YOU! THIS IS THE END IM JIN AH! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!” Lizz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter