Milk tea

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

5th month of pregnancy

 

 

“Damn sun.” Nana groaned from under the blanket.

She snuggled next to her girlfriend and hugged her from behind. Her hands were busy lightly tracing random patterns on her girlfriend’s stomach.

“Baby, you ok? You’re kinda hot.” Lizzy asked, worried.

“Soo Young ah, I know I’m hot and hard to resist. Let me sleep. I’m tired.” Nana joked, her hands never stopping their random tracings on Lizzy’s stomach.

Lizzy turned around and faced her girlfriend. She touched Nana’s forehead with the back of her hand. Her hand flinched from her lover’s forehead when she realized that it was hot.

“Yah babo. You’re having a fever!”

“Ani. I’m fine.” Nana faked a smile and turned to the other side of the bed and curled up under the blanket. “I just need some rest and I’ll be fine.”

“No. Get up now and get ready. I’m taking you to the doctor!” Lizzy got out of bed and pulled the blankets away from Nana.

“YAH I’M COLD!!!!”

 

*

 

Nana hated visiting the doctor. She doesn’t mind accompanying Lizzy or anyone to the doctor but she just hates it when she’s sick and she has to visit the doctor. The whole idea of sharp needles, that horrible smell, the bitter medications. Nana shivered.

“Really Soo Young, I’m fine.”

“You’re burning.”

“I’m no-“ before Nana could even finish her sentence, the nurse had already called her name and it was her turn.

 

*

 

“Well, you have the flu bug. I’ll give you something to bring down the fever, some flu tablets and antibiotics.”

Nana swallowed her saliva hard. She hated pills. Once, a pill got stuck in and she had to throw out everything she had just eaten. Another time, her omma tried to break the pills and add some water to help her in swallowing the pills but the taste was so horrible, she had to secretly throw away those medications.

Nana was already planning ways to get rid off those medications.

“Jin, if you’re planning to get rid of those medications, I’m going to kill you.”

Nana smiled sheepishly, one of her hands started scratching the back of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter