Pain

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“But she doesn’t remember me.” Lizzy voiced her thoughts out loud and Kahi heard her. Kahi quickly made her way to the younger one and pulled her in for a hug.

“She will. It will just take some time.”

 

Nana had heard the conversation Lizzy unni and her appa had. She was at the foot of the staircase the entire time because she had thought her appa would take her to bed and read her a bedtime story. But the conversation between the two caught her interest.

She was sure that the ‘she’ her appa and Lizzy unni were talking about was herself because she was the one who had kissed Lizzy unni’s tummy. But what she was curious was about Lizzy unni saying, “she doesn’t remember me”. Nana stood there and pondered.

Did she know Lizzy unni before? Have they met before? Was Lizzy unni her mother or something? Did something happen that resulted her to forget Lizzy unni? Why was Lizzy unni sitting and waiting next to her when she was in the hospital? If she was really 7, why is that she is so tall as compared to the other kids her age?

There were just so many questions in Nana’s head and it was starting to get really painful. To make things worse, random images of her and Lizzy unni kept flashing in her mind at a really fast speed. She heard voices and laughter and she desperately wanted it to stop. It was so loud and her head felt so heavy.

“MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!! APPA!! OMMA!! WHAT ARE THESE?” Nana cried out.

The images didn’t stop flashing across her mind. Nana was already crouching on the floor and she clutched her head tightly. Pulling her hair at times in hopes it will lessen the pain. Her eyes were tightly shut and tears were streaming.

“JIN AH! JIN AH. STAY WITH ME!” Kahi quickly embraced her youngest daughter, hoping it will calm her down a little.

Jung Ah who was reading a book in her room, rushed out and was shocked to see the scene in front of her. Her daughter wailing and crying, her wife embracing the younger one and her daughter’s girlfriend had a terrified expression on her face.

“JUNG AH! CALL FOR AN AMBULANCE! NOW!!” Snapping back to reality, Jung Ah ran down the stairs and grabbed Kahi’s phone that was on the coffee table in the living room. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter