Birthday?

Miracles do happen when you believe.

 

Busker Busker - (벚꽃 엔딩) Cherry Blossom Ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSeVjitFzgA)

 

--------

 

You woke up to find yourself spread on the floor, the blanket messily draped over you. Yawning, you flipped onto your tummy and stretched, making that baby dinosaur sound.

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes and peeked at you. “How come you’re on the floor Hana?” he asked, perplexed.

 

“Maybe oppa pushed Eunbyul while Eunbyul was sleeping.” You mumbled sleepily. “Yah!” He protested and you giggled. Baekhyun sat up groggily and ruffled your hair. “Good morning sleepyhead.” You gasped at him. “Eunbyul is not a sleepyhead.” Baekhyun laughed it off as he stood up. “We should get ready for breakfast.”

 

In no time, you were heading towards the living room. Everyone gathered around their tables while you faithfully stayed next to Baekhyun. The teacher clapped her hands and the room turned awfully silent.

 

“As you all know, today we’re going to be celebrating Minkwang’s birthday. I want all of you to get ready and wait for us patiently in the classroom by 5pm.”

 

Loud cheers were being exchanged and the room was bustling with joy. You were sitting quietly until Baekhyun nudged you. “Hana, why are you spacing out?” You tilted your head and innocently asked him. “Oppa, when’s your birthday?” Baekhyun smiled. “It’s already passed but if you really want to know, it’s on the 6th of May.”

 

You nodded and pushed your glasses up as you swung your legs back and forth and began to space out again. Baekhyun momentarily looked at you before he walked over to help the teacher pour out the milk. That afternoon, everyone was getting ready for the event.

 

You bathed and put on your orange summer dress that one of the caretakers had ironed for you. Smiling in contentment, you combed your hair and applied some baby powder on your face.

 

Everyone, as expected was waiting in the classroom by 5. You were standing next to Baekhyun and he looked extremely cute and charming in a simple shirt and capri’s. “Where are we going oppa?” You asked, curious. “Whenever it’s someone’s birthday, we go out together to have dinner. It’d be really fun I promise.”

 

True to Baekhyun’s words, you had fun during the trip. Even though it wasn’t grand, there was enough food to be shared amongst the orphans and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Especially you.

 

Everyone was already yawning and nodding away once they boarded the bus back home. You rubbed your eyes sleepily too. Baekhyun saw that and he stopped you.

 

“Don’t do that Hana, your eyes would turn red.” He softly chided. “But Eunbyul is sleepy.” You mumbled. Slowly, Baekhyun took your head and leaned it against his shoulder. “Then sleep for now. Oppa will wake you up once we reach.” You nodded but you were already dozing off.

-------

You trudged into the dorm like an angry bear. You were really sleepy and you didn’t see where you were going until you hit your forehead on the frame of the door. You winced and slightly whimpered when a hand reached out to soothe the bump on your forehead.

 

You opened your eyes to see Baekhyun as he lightly shook his head. “Aigoo Hana, you are so clumsy~ What am I to do with you?” He chuckled. “Oppa,” you frowned. Baekhyun tilted his head. “Yes?” “Eunbyul doesn’t know when Eunbyul’s birthday is.” You pouted sadly. “Is that what’s been bothering you since morning?” Baekhyun questioned.

 

You nodded. “Eunbyul can’t remember.” You shut your eyes tightly, trying to recall anything. However, it was hopeless. You really can’t remember the date of your birthday. After all, you were only four.

 

“Then let’s make up one ourselves. A self declared birthday.” Baekhyun suggested. Your face instantly lit up. You were elated at the idea. “Are you going to sleep now?” Baekhyun asked. You nodded enthusiasically. “Sing me a lullaby!” You squealed. You really really loved his voice. “Arasso~” Baekhyun laughed. You pulled him into your dorm.

 

You giddily climbed into your bed and pulled up the covers. Baekhyun settled down next to you and he started to sing his favourite song. A smile crept onto your face as you closed your eyes.