Stories to share and a song sang to sleep

Miracles do happen when you believe.

C-REAL - Sorry But I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9tKwcf1N3I&list=UUh1oulE0uzHVg_hTbYYACYQ&index=1&feature=plcp)

 

-----

 

 

So for the past few days, you and Baekhyun were stuck together like glue. Baekhyun didn’t seem to mind that you were trailing after him everywhere though. It wasn’t a burden to him at all. Instead, he’d invite you to play with him during playtime and eat with him during breaks. So you happily agreed because you really liked having his company.

 

“Eunbyul likes having a brother.” You giggled as he held your hand to lead you to the sink. “I like having a baby sister too.” He lightly pinched the bridge of your nose. You scrunched your nose as you adjusted your glasses. “Why do you need to have such big glasses that take up half of your face anyway?” Baekhyun asked curiously as he soaped your chubby hands.

 

“Omma says it makes Eunbyul look cuter.” You dried your hands on the tissue paper that Baekhyun had handed you. “You are already so chubby, when you wear these, it makes you look like a pumpkin.” Baekhyun tried to stifle his laughter.

 

“Fairy godmother shall change me into a lovely carriage then.” You placed your hands on your hips. “Wah, my Hana is getting smarter and smarter these days.” Baekhyun cooed as he threw the crumpled tissue into the trash bin. “It’s from Cinderella oppa.” You looked at him. “Eunbyul loves listening to stories and Eunbyul thinks Cinderella is the best story ever.” You locked your hands behind your back as you smiled sweetly at him.

 

“Really? I know lots of stories.” Baekhyun whispered, arousing your interest. “Let’s go!” He shouted, earning looks from the other orphans. “Go where?” You innocently blinked. In a flash, Baekhyun had already tugged you along with him. The two of you ran towards the dorms. When you reached, you were panting heavily while Baekhyun was still in perfect shape.

 

He sat you on his bed and scurried over to the bookshelf that was next to the bunk. Baekhyun pulled out a few books and walked back towards you. He placed the pile next to him while he picked up a yellow book which intrigued you.

 

“There’s this famous story that has been going around in the orphanage ever since I was around.” He started. You inched closer so that you could listen better. Baekhyun animatedly told you the whole story as you listened attentively.

 

“So if anyone ever bullies you, just tell them that the furry yellow monster would come to get them” He grinned. “Eunbyul still thinks Cinderella is the best.” You flatly stated. “Aish this girl.” He bonked your head. “But Eunbyul likes your story too oppa.” You smiled sincerely at him. “If there are days that Eunbyul can’t sleep, could you be my storyteller?” You asked him. “I’d be glad to.” Baekhyun gave you his usual warm and cheery smile.

 

Soon, it was time for dinner. The two of you headed out to join the others to wash up.

As usual, you sat next to Baekhyun during dinner. He helped you scoop rice into your bowl and placed vegetables on top of it. “Awww does Eunbyul have to eat all of that?” You complained quietly. “Of course! How else would you grow pretty and strong then?” Baekhyun tried to convince you into eating them. Sighing, you ate them obediently.

 

Everyone carried their plates back to the kitchen then dispersed into their own dorms. You couldn’t sleep so you went to look for Baekhyun. “Baekhyun oppa?” You peeked through the door. Baekhyun peered over from his bed and a smile tugged on his lips. “Hana can’t go to sleep?” You shook your head. Quietly, he tiptoed to the bookshelf to grab a random book. Then silently, he slipped out from his dorm room and held your hand.

 

“Let’s go to the nursery.” You agreed. The nursery was the only room with the lights on throughout the whole night. So it was a good place to be to read a book. Baekhyun sat on a bean bag while you sat on another. “Don’t you want to sit on my lap?” He asked. “No maybe next time, when Eunbyul becomes thinner because Eunbyul might squish oppa.” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, amused at your reply.

 

‘For such a small girl, you sure have your way to impress me by replying like that.’ When Baekhyun finished telling you the story you were still wide awake. “Eunbyul doesn’t know why Eunbyul can’t go to sleep.” You rubbed your eyes. Baekhyun thought for a moment before an idea popped in his head.

 

“I’ll sing you a lullaby.” He adjusted his position. “Wah, Eunbyul wants to listen to oppa sing.” You cuddled into the bean bag. Baekhyun shyly cleared his throat before he started humming. Then he started by singing a few lines. Soon, he was singing the whole song and his voice sounded so soothing.

 

Your eyelids started to close but you kept forcing them open. It was obvious that you were trying hard not to sleep just to listen to him sing, despite the fact that you were really sleepy. Baekhyun saw it so he shifted closer and patted you to sleep. In a few minutes, you were already off to dreamland.