009. Kind of Madness

Either You Don't Love Me or I Don't Love You

 

" Cameras ", she whispered nudging Kai while she waved to her group's fan section. 

" Wha-, oh ", he glanced at her, raising his arms to imitate her in an attempt to distract himself from the sight of Sehun's hand tightly hugging LuHan's back. 

 

It was a time for celebration, EXO and Aterra's promotion circles were overlapping for a couple weeks and this time around it was the boys to win. Everybody was smiling and dancing, reproducing other members' gimmicks to cause some more laughters from the fans behind the big lenses pointed at them. Chanyeol handed the bouquet to SeHun and LuHan, still stuck like glue, while Kai eyed them from across the overcrowded stage, Evey on his side, her bandmates occupied with the rest of the boys. 

 

Amidst the random 'Thank You's and 'I Love You's shouted in every language known to the group, the young boy stayed in retreat, clapping and waving but not dancing which was unusual for the main dancer. He smiled, yes, but one of those polite smile he's learned to wear in front of cameras and fans especially, though it took the Aterra leader's slight elbow to remind him to. Only she noticed her friend's strangely quiet behaviour which she figured was an allergic reaction to the overloading 'HunHan' PDA, as the fans like to call it. 

 

As the final bow came around, Evey grabbed his hand and led him to the long line of artists? He didn't let go of it until they separated towards their respective dressing rooms.

 

________

 

" I don't know what to do, Evey. "

" I know. "

" I mean, every time he's there it's like I don't exist anymore. "

" He hasn't seen him in 3 months, when was the last time they were separated for so long? "

" But I'm still his best friend. "

" And he's his boyfriend. "

" But I love him. "

" And he loves him too. I know it's hard, Kai. I know how it feels, I've been there ", she said, squeezing the hand wrapping her waist. 

" How do I get out of this mess? "

" I wish I knew. "

" You managed to do it. "

" It's different. "

" How? It's the same th- "

" Suho and Sehun aren't the same, Sehun would freak out. "

" Suho freaked out too. "

" No he didn't...did he? " she turned to face his chest and lifted her head to meet his eyes.

" Well...yeah. I mean, not straight up freak out, just...  Nah nothing, he was fine. "

" Spill. "

" He'll kil- "

" I'll be the one doing the killing if you don't. "

" Right...well um...he kinda...cried? "

" Say what? "

" Yeah, not downright crying attack just...silent tears when I talked to him. But honestly, I think it was just the pressure of our comeback and stuff and you know, with him being the leader he felt burdened and... " Kai tried to downplay the memory.

" 'kin hell, what did I do ", she lamented, burying her head into his bare chest.

" No, nothing, it didn't happen okay, it didn't, he was all fine and happy and stuff when you told him, really, it's...nothing happened. I knew I shouldn't have told you, now you're the one freaking out ", the boy sighed.

" I'm not freaking out!

" Can we go back to the real issue here, me, Sehun, you know?

" Right, right... I can't help you to be honest. I thought Suho reacted well and I know Sehun will cry or panic but now that I know how Master Leader took the news...Sehun will probably ask for a transfer with BaoZi " she answered lost in thoughts.

" You're kidding right? "

" It's Sehun, you know he would. "

 

Kai closed his eyes and rested his chin on Evey's hair, arms around her body. They stayed silent for a moment, both minds trying to think of a solution that would end their shared struggle once and for all. 

 

" And you...are you alright? I know you and Suho are on speaking terms now but it must be weird now, isn't it? 

" We're...okay. It's obviously not perfect but I'm starting to accept that I will never have him the way I wish I would. And I got friendzoned anyway, so...yeah. "she gulped

" Why can't we just, break them up? You know, create a plan to have them break up so w-"

" No way. No, we just have to deal with it and...move on. If things were meant to be, they would be. It's up to us, the single ones, to turn things around, you know. We can't just turn up and break a couple, our friends, up. It's not fair to them and if you lo- "

" What if they'd be happier with us? What if they would be better of with us? Evey you know Suho loves you more than he's ever loved Krystal, he told me he loved you, he- "

" He doesn't love me that way! He loves Krystal, I know it, he knows it, everybody knows. He's obviously happy with her, I can't...I won't ruin this for them. He's my best friend and I'd rather have him as only that than not have him in my life at all ", she convinced herself.

" Why don't you fight for him, 'vey? You two belong together, even more than Sehun and I do. You've known him for all your life- "

" -just friends, Jongin. Just. Friends. "

" Well I want to fight for Sehun. I can't just sit here and wait for somebody else. " he argued, "I love him Evey. "

" I know Kai, I know ", the girl elevated her body and brought his head towards her chest in a somewhat comforting hug. 

" I have my nose between your s. "

" Does it make you feel better. "

" Slightly. "

" Then you can stay there ", she smiled, his hair.

 

 

 

 

A/N 

Next update coming in a couple days okay~ sorry for the delay <3

More Kai focused this time :)

Hello to the new subs <3