003. Twin Peaks

Either You Don't Love Me or I Don't Love You

 

Oh god, you’re making Trouble Maker so tame Gee seems Rated R in comparison! ", Evey chuckled, the whole room going along the joke.

 

It was sort of true, Krystal and SuHo were still awkward together regarding PDA, no matter the amount of alcohol, and still, they didn’t drink that much that night since they knew they’d break into an argument once one of them got too drunk. 

Gone were the suggesting caresses, the seductive stares of the Troublemakers. Instead the gang had before them two stiff dancers breaking into shy smiles whenever the original performers would usually offer the most risqué moves. 'Cute' Evey thought. 'SO cute'. She was bitter, definitely. 'A year down and I’m not even sure they’ve even gone all the way.' She shook her head and smirked, meeting Kai’s glassy eyes along the way. She didn’t notice he had been checking on her her the whole performance and she wondered why he was looking at her so intensely. Was she that transparent? 

 

Putting her upteenth drink down on the table, she stood up rapidly. So rapidly that she felt dizzy and would’ve fallen in SuHo hadn't caught her arm for her to stay steady. Mumbling a quick thank you, she directed her gaze towards Kai, a beer in his hands, slouched on the couch next to Victoria. 

 

"You, get up", she ordered.

" Why?"

" We’re showing these looooosers how it’s done."

" What, Trouble Maker? I thought they did great, we don’t need to -..."

" Hah! No, seriously get UP."

 

Evey took the bottle from his lap and gave it to Victoria who was watching the scene a sly smile on her face. The younger girl pulled Kai’s arm for him to stand up despite his weak protestation.

 

Completely -faced or not, the pair had performing in their veins. The moment the whistling sound started, both put on their most perfect sultry face, staring seductively right into each other’s eyes, offering a teasing contest for all of their friends to see. Their chemistry was obvious to everybody’s eyes and hadn’t they known better, most would’ve believed the two dancers to be an actual couple. 

Displaying a near perfect choreography even more steamy than the original, they both knew they’d end up somewhere together, clothes off, bodies even closer, hands even lower. 

 

As the performance ended they shared one of those disgustingly drunken but passionate kiss as the cherry on top of a flawless performance, causing the crowd to cheer on them. 

 

It was only when SuHo loudly cleared his throat that Kai broke the kiss, Evey’s hand sliding down his warm chest, biting her lips as she looked at him with the cheekiest twinkle in her eyes. 

 

" You two are amazing! " Yuri exclaimed 

" Baby, I know! " Her best friend joked as she took Kai’s hand, going back to the empty spot they left on the couch. " Okay who’s next? Himmie-ya! I haven’t heard you all night! Aish, you’re the maknae, you can’t escape from this! " she told her fellow bandmate.

" Unnie~ you know I don’t like noraebangs! " the young girl pouted, scared to embarrass herself in front of their seniors.

" Jjong NaHim-ya! As your sunbae I request a performance! " HyoYeon said in the fakest formal tone, causing the crowded room to burst into laughters. 

" NAHIM NAHIM NAHIM " they all chanted, as loud as ever.

 

Complying to the overwhelming demand, NaHim stood up from her sit, head down, shaking from the stress and alcohol gulped down since they arrived a couple hours ago. Being the sweetheart that she is, Victoria stood up and took the mic left on the table and joined the teenager.

" C’mon I’ll help you ",  she winked

" Woo, Queen Victoria saving the lessers once again! " Kai joked causing Evey to elbow him in the stomach to make him shut up as she laughed and kissed him, curled onto his lap, arms around his neck.

" Aish, shut up Jongin! "

" It’s Oppa to you! "

 

...

 

The night went by while the adrenaline (and lust) was still going strong between Kai and Evey, stuck to each other, kissing every now and then with their hands all over each other’s body. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was their special bond but they were in their own little world, teasing each other through touches and making-out sessions while the rest of their friends sang and drunk. 

 

Should we go now? " Evey whispered after breaking from a kiss, eyes deep into Kai’s.

" Where to? ", he asked and resumed the kiss.

" Whichever is the closest. ", she replied running a hand through his messy hair. She couldn’t wait for much longer, neither could Kai. 

 

They made out against the car. She blew him in the car. He lifted her out of the car. She pushed him against the door of her flat. He threw her on the bed. They lied next to each other, covered in sweat, clothes on the floor, panting heavy.

 

" Again? ", the boy said.

Again it was.

 

...

 

" Good morning ", Kai whispered into her ear.

" Hey you, what time is it? ", she asked, eyes closed, voice hoarse from the night before.

" Hmmm...", he started caressing her hair. " Almost noon.

" Oh god. ", she moaned half-asleep. " You have any schedule today? "

" Nope...SuHo," he paused. "...told me he had a massive hangover.

" Weak . " Kai chuckled at her monotone answer, planting a kiss on her temple sending shivers down her spine, the good kind of shivers. " How’s the rest of the gang by the way? NaHimmie ever got back from throwing her insides up?

" I don’t know, I haven’t texted them yet.

" How d’you know about SuHo then? ", she questioned as the sleepy girl scooped closer to Kai’s chest, still refusing to open her eyes.

" Well...he..apologised. " the tanned boy told with a hint of disbelief in his voice.

" Apologised? What for? " she finally opened her eyes and looked up to him.

He kinda...well..nothing really. "

" Jongin..." he hated when she called him like that.

" Nothing, really! Just something about an argument we had-..."

" About what? "

" Erm, schedule, performance, Exo, y’know no biggie. It’s okay now! " Evey know he was lying because his voice suddenly went two octaves too high for her to believe.

Oooookay ", she raised an eyebrow as Kai tried to avoid her piercing gaze. He knew she didn’t believe in his lie but looking into her eyes would oblige him to spill out the real nature of the apology and he didn’t want that.

" Where are you going? ", he asked as she got up heading towards the bathroom.

" Schedule, performance, Aterra, y’know, no biggie. You should go. " she stated coldly. She had no tolerance for obvious lies, especially when she got too curious to know the truth.

 

...

 

" I’m surprised you’re able to stand on your feet after last night! "

" What do you mean? " ‘Kai is rough but not so rough to make me stop walking?!’ Evey thought.

" Well, what with all the alcohol you got into your system last night, a normal human being would have passed out and not woken up for a few days! " ‘Oh, that.’

" I’m not normal ", she joked. 

" So did you and Kai...", Yuri’s pale and hungover face examined her best friend’s appearance and though she could see the night had been rough, she still had the after- glow. 

" Yeah, we did " she answered, eyes down on her drink her fingers twirling the cup around carefully enough not to spill the hot liquid. " Don’t act as if it was news, Yul. " she looked at her friend.

" You’re so casual about it, ‘Vey-ya. "

" I do casual best, I mean, why make things complicated when you can do casual? Casual is good. Especially casual ", she sniggered.

" Oh god I don’t want to know what you and Kai are up to, thank you very much ", she facepalmed, shaking her head. " What does SuHo think of all that? "

" Why should I care about his opinion? It’s none of his busi-"

" ‘Vey! "

" What?! "

" You love him! "

" And he doesn’t love me. He’s in love with Krystal. I’m nothing to him. " ‘Nothing anymore‘

" You’re still his best friend! "

Evey laughed. 

" Am I really. " More of a statement than a question, it was bitter. Since she and Kai initiated their little arrangement SuHo got more and more distant, and with Krystal throwing jealousy tantrums, Evey felt lucky if she could speak to him in private for more than ten minutes. 

 

Looking down on her cup, hands wrapped around and trying to warm up her naturally cold fingers she remembered all the times Suho and her would sit and talk. The conversations were trivial but it just felt good having your oldest friend around you after years apart, having the love of your life listening to you because you were important to them, and you listening to the love of your life because they were important to you. 

 

" Evey, are you okay? "

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Oh well, that was long ^^ I'm sorry it had a bit of delay, I've been busy~ 

Hope you're enjoying the story so far, don't hesitate to subscribe or comment, especially if something needs to be changed/improved or if you have any idea regarding the story and co! :P

Thanks so much for following this story <3