010. Until I Get Caught Red-Handed.

Either You Don't Love Me or I Don't Love You

 

" Stay away from Joonmyun. "

Evey looked up from her laptop screen and startled when she saw the tall brunette her piercing eyes staring at the younger girl, a drenched umbrella in one hand, the other clenched into a tight fist. 

" Krystal...hey..what...how are you? What are you doing here? " she questioned, lowering her laptop's screen and trying to avoid cutting gaze. 

" Don't play with me, just stop whatever you're trying to do with Joonmyun, he is mine, so back off. "

" I don't get it Krystal, there's noth- "

" Stop it, Choi! You damn well know what I'm talking about. All those rendez-vous, all the 'fanservice', stop playing innocent, I see what you're trying to do and it is not going to work, not while I'm still alive. So cut that crap and stay.the.hell.away. " the f(x) member emphasised with her fist banging on the table to each word.

 

Evey stayed silent, looking up to her best friend's girlfriend, meeting her intense glare. Feelings of confusion and guilt rushed inside her, confusion because she didn't expect Krystal to ever come talking to her directly -it was always Suho transmitting her words and rage fits onto her-, and guilt because she knew what she was talking about. 

 

It had been approximately two months since Kai and her had discussed about fighting for their loved ones and she was against the idea of trying to break the couples apart while Kai was ready to go to great length to get what he wanted, Sehun. It's always been like that, Kai would always have the great and bold idea, Evey would stop him from his own stupidity and self-destruction. He was the bomb, she was the timer who would sometimes prevent the blow. When the boy bet that he could chew a whole tube of wasabi, she emptied it down the trash can. When he showed up to his own party so drunk he could barely speak, the girl was the one helping him crash into his bed, a bucket at the side of his bed, just in case. 

Sometimes, though, Kai would get his own way. When he asked Evey to be his buddy, she thought it through before giving in after a few weeks of him doing his best to persuade her, his main arguments being both of them being extraordinarily attractive and quite a good match in bed. When he told Evey they both should fight for their loved ones though, she strongly opposed. 

Her up-bringing taught her some loose morals, sure, but not she was also taught to take care of everyone around her and never harm anybody, unless they deserved it. Yet she surrendered. Because the more she tried to make things okay between Suho her her, the more tired she was. Because she was bored of things not being the way she wished they were. Because she was tired of pretending she wasn't jealous of Krystal when all the young girl wanted was getting her out of the picture once and for all. Coined 'The Most Honest Human Being' by her entourage and fans, playing games and pretending aren't her forte and she was surprised that nobody saw through her; maybe she was a natural actress, who knows?

So she let it slide. She witnessed Kai doing his best to alienate LuHan from Sehun when the Chinese-born was in Korea, and she saw him doing his best to catch the Korean boy's attention whenever his boyfriend wasn't present, while Sehun put this all under the pretext of the 'fan-service', oblivious from the dancer's true intentions. It kind of helped that Luhan counter-attacked each hand-holding picture by being even clingier on his fellow M members. 

Evey didn't defend Kai, neither did she attack him either. For once she didn't want to meddle and protect any of her friends, she was a mere witness to an ongoing drama that fans wouldn't even imagine being real. 

 

It was when Luhan announced that he and Sehun would put their relationship on hold until his return that Evey -foolishly- figured that maybe fighting for one's love wasn't such a bad idea. " Plus, if they break up, that'll just show how they weren't ready to commit to each other! See this as a test to their relationship ", Kai said. And there went her morals. 

 

" Listen...Krystal. I...I didn't mean to...be an issue between you and Joon...Suho. " she stuttered.

" You're lying. "

" No! I just...wanted my bo-best friend back, I...I swear! I've missed him Krystal.

" Oh really? Do you often text ' See you later, baby, heart heart heart ' to your friends at freaking midnight, Evey? Do you put your hands under your friends' shirts when you hug them in public, Evey? Do you?! " Krystal elevated her voice so loud heads were turned in their direction, the younger girl still in her seat, struggling to look in the other's anger-filled eyes. " Who do you think you are Evey?" she fumed, eyes still fixed on her. " So I'm only asking, no, I'm telling you to back the HELL away from my boyfriend because I can see right through you and there is no DAMN way I'm breaking up with him and him with me. Go get your own boyfriend, go get Kai, I don't freaking care but just leave us alone. "

 

Evey tried to speak but the lump in only grew bigger as she tried to pull herself together and explain herself. But what was there to explain when she was simply being the in the story? No matter how many excuses Kai had found for her, they all seemed irrelevant now that she had been confronted by the one that she was hurting the most. 

 

The guilt she felt at that moment couldn't compare to her love for Suho, it consumed her more than the heartbreaks she had experienced and she was not prepared for that. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N less dialogue than the pas couple chapters, hope you like it

Next chapter hopefully coming up tonight, it's already written but it needs a separation from this one haha

If you have any suggestion about the story or anything relating to it, post a comment and we'll discuss about it :P

Keep commenting and subscribing, thank you again to everyone who has already subscribed and commented  <3