What Happened?!

Just The Way We Are

I pulled into driveway and turned off the car lights. I looked around, all the boys were asleep. I laid my forehead down on the steering wheel. I sighed. A tear rolled down my face. I quickly wiped it away and sat up. I shook Donghae awake, he groaned and rub his eyes.

"I need you to carry Kyu inside for me." He sleepily shook his head yes and got out. I got out and went over to the other side of the car and opened to back door. Eunhyuk was curled into a ball, sleeping. When we were driving he would occasionally whimper my name and make sobbing sounds and I would pull over to comfort him. I picked him up and held him close to my body. Closing the door with my , I proceeded up the walk with Donghae close behind me. I readjusted Eunhyuk and rang the doorbell. Please be home, please be home. I let out a sigh of relief when the door opened

"Hell- Oh my god! Wookie, come here please!"A surprised, half dressed Yesung answered the door. 

"Yes my lo-" Wookie asked only covered by a blanket. I looked down at the ground. Embarrassed to ruin their fun. 

"So-sorry."

"No get in this house right now! Yesung get the other boys!" I watched as Yesung swooped sleeping Donghae and Kyuhyun from the lawn chair,into his arms and carried them into the house. Once they were in, I followed close behind. Wookie quickly ran past me,now dressed and to the couch, ripping off the cushions to reveal a bed. He pulled it out and made sure it was stable then moved out of the way so Yesung could place the boys down. Once when they were settled, I laid Eunhyuk next to them. Tears stung my eyes. Wookie pulled me into the next room.

"What the hell happened?" I shook my head no, unable to say anything

"No-nothing?What in the hell do you mean nothing!" He said in a sarcastic tone. Still unable to say anything, I kept quiet.

"Lullie what happened, your covered in bruises, busted lip, black eye?" I still kept quiet

"Lullie, Eunhyuk has a huge bump on his head. Just a little bit lower and he could of... Died." With that, all the tears that I was holding back finally broke free. I failed as a Umma, I promised myself I would never let anything hurt my children and yet, I failed to protect them from the one person who they thought would be there for them the most. Wookie wrapped his arms around me an let the tears fall.

~The Morning~

I jolted awake. Not realizing where I was at first but then it dawned on me, I'm at Wookie's house. I got up out of the chair and went over to the boys, one two three, all sleeping soundly. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, I spotted orange juice. A small smile appeared on my face as I pulled out my favorite drink. I sat it down and started opening cupboards, looking for a cups. After opening all of them, I finally found the cups. I pulled one out laid it down on the counter and poured the juice. I picked it up and slowly took sips while looking around the room. I've never been here before, but he told me where he lived. There was stack of magazines lying unorganized, dishes sitting around, and dust everywhere! I shuttered. After finishing my drink, I put the orange juice back than started the dishes. As I finished up the dishes, I heard feet shuffling from behind me. I turned and saw a yawning Wookie walking into the kitchen. He flopped down in the chair

"What time is it?" I looked around for a clock, then I found one.

"Um...6:15" He let out a groan of frustration and laid his head down on the table.

  "Why are you up so early?" he asked through a muffle. 

"I always get up around this time to make breakfast for everyone. Why are you up?" he lifted his head as if weighed a hundred pounds.

"I really don't know." His head fell back into his arms. I let out a small laugh

"Shut up." He said through a muffle.  I continued finishing the dishes, soon hearing soft snores coming from Wookie. I smacked my hand over my mouth, trying to hold back a laugh. I can't believe he just feel asleep at the table. I sat down across from him and started to poke him in his arm. He let out a moan of frustration and smacked my hand away. I held back another laugh. Sighing my mind started to think of Henry and his Chipmunk cheeks. My heart melted. I love this man so much but he's to dangerous for me. My mind flipped through our memories together. When he got me Heebum, when we first made love, when he asked me to marry him, moving into our new house, bringing Eunhyuk home for the first time, than Kyuhyun. This is not fair for the boys. They barely were ever able to experience there Umma and Appa together. Poor Eunhyuk had to see what happened to me. My jaw clenched. It's not fair. I scooted my chair back which made Wookie jump awake. I quickly tried to sneak by him but wasn't quick enough.

"Lullie, where are you going?" he asked rubbing his eyes. I froze and turn around 

"Out to the store."

"Liar." I brought my brows together 

"I am not."

"Please don't go." I sighed. I wasn't going to lie to my best friend.

"I have to." he looked at me as if I was dumb

"Why's that?" he put his hands on his hips. 

"I want my cat for one and I need to talk to him."

"You need to do no such thing."

"Yes I do and you're not stopping me."

"Well since you're so set on going, what am I going to tell the kids and speaking of kids. You still have Donghae?" I pulled him outside and closed the door behind us. We sat down on the lawn chairs, I looked at him.

"I have Donghae stay with me as much as possible." he gave me an confused look. 

"Why?" It never gets easier telling people the reasoning, that's why I try I avoid the subject as much as possible.

"Donghae's parents can't afford to take care of him so they asked me to take care of him and begged me not to tell him because they didn't want to let their son down. We also came up with an deal that random days he will go home to them and stay but mostly he's mine. Besides his parents, you and I are the only people that know." He looked at me like he had just been slapped across the face. I got up and walked towards my car with him following me. 

"Just tell the boys I had some errands and that I'll be back later and that they have to listen to you and Yesung." I got into my car and rolled down the window. He leaned against my door. 

"Please don't go."

  "I have to. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." he stared at me then finally moved away from my car to let me pull away. I backed out of the driveway. Only looking back to see three confused faces looking out of the window.