Tears of joy.

Key's Lullaby.

Kibum slowly opened his eyes, feeling the butterflies inside of him wake up as he saw Jonghyun lying next to him, looking at him with twinkling eyes.
"Good morning Kibum." he smiled sweetly. Kibum showed an even sweeter smile and yawned.
"Good morning, Jjongie." he said, and he snuggled a bit closer to the older boy. Jonghyun's heart skipped a beat. Jjongie? Impossible. He couldn't have remembered, could he? But… It was his nickname. And Kibum was the only one who called him that. Didn't he call him that when they were still just friends, back before the accident? How much did Taemin already tell him?
"Jonghyun?" Kibum's voice woke him up out of his thoughts and brought him back to earth.
"Mm?" he hummed, his mind still filled with worries.
"I asked you a question." Kibum pouted a little as he moved up to look at Jonghyun.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I was daydreaming." Jonghyun replied. He wasn't really lying.
"Ah,  I see… I asked you how long you've been lying here."
"L-lying?" Jonghyun replied, feeling another small heart attack in his chest.
"Yes.. Lying… With me… In this bed…" Kibum raised an eyebrow in a way only he could and tilted his head. Jonghyun sighed relieved and pulled Kibum close to his chest.
"Not long enough yet. Mind to stay like this for a little longer?" Kibum blushed and hid his face against Jonghyun's chest.
"Not at all." He whispered. Jonghyun's heart jumped. He still wanted to cuddle. So Taemin didn't break his heart yet. He sighed in relief.
"What's wrong Jjongie?" Kibum asked in a sweet voice.
"It's nothing, bummie." Jonghyun replied, calling him the nickname that Kibum himself used when he was performing his famous aegyo, talking in third person. Kibum frowned.
"Bummie? That's a lame excuse for a nickname." Jonghyun grinned at the fact that he had turned his own chosen nickname down, and he chuckled.
"Well then, what do you want me to call you?" He asked. Kibum looked up, biting his lower lip, thinking about it like it was the most serious matter in the world.
"How about babe? I like babe. I bet your voice would sound good calling me that." Jonghyun blushed a bit at Kibum's sudden attitude change and he quickly leant closer to kiss his cheek.
"Alright then, babe." he said in a husky voice, pulling the younger boy closer. Kibum felt a different type of butterflies racing through his body and his face got bright red as soon as he realized what was happening to him.
"Jonghyun?" He said in a nervous voice as Jonghyun placed several butterfly kisses in his neck. The older boy hummed to let Kibum know that he was listening. Kibum took a deep breath.
"Have we had ?" Jonghyun nearly choked and started to cough, fanning his face. Kibum watched him with a hurt look in his eyes.
"Was it really that bad?" he asked. Jonghyun shook his head, still coughing. "Then tell me!"
"Kibum… We… We never had . You're a ."
"Wait… What? I have a boyfriend like you, I'm in my twenties, yet I'm a ?" Jonghyun grinned and nodded his head, taking his words as a compliment.
"Pretty much, yeah."
"So how long have we been together?"
"A month or two, now." Jonghyun lied right away. Kibum sat up, covering himself with his sheets even though he was wearing clothes.
"And you're already sharing a bed with me? Ew! You ert!" Jonghyun's eyes widened in size and he reached out to place his hand on Kibum's shoulder, but Kibum stopped him, smacking his pillow into the older boy's face. Jonghyun was about to fall out of the bed when the door opened.

"What's happening here?" Taemin asked, peeking around the corner of the door opening.
"He me! That ert me!" Kibum said, and he gave Jonghyun one last smack with the pillow, making him fall out of the bed at last.
"Ow!" the shorter boy whined, standing straight and rubbing his with a painful look on his face.
"He did what?!" Taemin's voice cracked as he spoke and he approached Jonghyun, ready to punch him in the face. Jonghyun grabbed Taemin's wrists, obviously overpowering him, and he made him sit down.
"I did not Key, Taemin. He's overreacting."
"The name is Kibum!" the black haired boy said, throwing his pillow against Jonghyun's face.
"Then what did you do?" Taemin asked.
"Nothing! He doesn't know what means! We slept in the same bed, that's all."
"You kissed me, too!"
"And you liked it!" Taemin stood up from the bed and grabbed Kibum's wrist, taking him to the living room, leaving Jonghyun behind. Jonghyun let out a frustrated groan and he let himself fall down on their leader's bed, not caring that Jinki wanted no one to even touch his sheets.

What was he doing? Arguing with Kibum, just when everything was going so well. Jonghyun touched his lips with two fingers, remembering the softness of Kibum's smooth skin. He felt his heart react to the thought and suddenly a familiar feeling started to settle in his stomach. Was he sick? No. Then why did he feel like all his insides were making loops? Could it be… No. Was he falling in love? Jonghyun sat up, shaking his head. No. He was feeling guilty for making Kibum uncomfortable, and he needed to make up for it. He reached out for his laptop and started to look for a proper place to take the younger boy, and before he knew it, he'd lost himself in the planning of a romantic couple day out.


"What's this, Taemin?" Kibum asked. The calendar that was hanging on the wall immediately caught his attention, he noticed the change in the room right away.
"It's for you. I made you a calendar to help you regain your memories. There's a picture for everyday,  and the calendar goes for three months."
"In three months.. I'll have my memories back?" tears appeared in Kibum's eyes as he looked at Taemin. Taemin nodded and grabbed Kibum's hand, squeezing it.
"I hope so." he smiled, getting a little emotional himself.

Jinki and Minho looked at the two from the other side of the room.
"He was right, he knows what he's doing." Minho whispered. Jinki nodded and turned around walking to the bedroom.
"Jonghyun? You might want to come see this…" Jonghyun looked up from his laptop and saw Jinki standing there with tears in his eyes. Jonghyun's heart skipped a beat. It was happening. He got up from the bed and followed Jinki to the living room, where Taemin revealed the first page of the calendar.

 

//

Hey guys! I'm back! Thank you for supporting my stories! I love reading your comments, so please, continue to let me know what you think!

<3,

May.