Final

The Power of Baking

Last chapter...so sad~ Hehe, hope you enjoyed the story! I will hopefully be writing more fics in the future. Stay tuned~

 

 

Much unlike I expected, none of the guys from the team had given me a hard time after the locker room incident. Just a reassuring pat on the back every once and a while, which was all I really needed. Ever since Siena had died, I had felt alone. Kevin came into my life and I didn't feel that anymore, I just felt confused. I didn't realize until now, that I had friends around me this whole time. I just let the fog blur my vision, and I was ready to see clearly for the first time in ten months.

I saw Kevin walking home after school that afternoon and pulled over to give him a ride. He accepted my offer gratefully as he got into the passenger's seat. "I was thinking about making crème brûlée today." I told him as we finished the short drive to Kevin's house. I had been to that cute yellow house so many times, I felt as though I actually lived there.

"You and I must think alike, because I just bought the ingredients for that yesterday." Kevin said, beaming as he got out of the car. I loved the way his face lit up when we discussed baking. The day I suggested we open up a pastry shop, I swear he was going to have a heart attack, he was so giddy. We made our way into the house and headed down the entry way into that light purple kitchen that always had a smell that made you want to smile. Without missing a beat, we gathered up the ingredients for the crème brûlée and started to follow the recipe Kevin had placed on the counter. I looked over to him and felt comfort in seeing his familiar smile full of warmth.

I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. He smelled sweet like baking chocolate. I looked at him shyly. He kissed me back on the forehead.

"You really are silly, Eli." Kevin told me. "But I like you."

"I like you too." I confessed to him. And with that Kevin and I made the best crème brûlée either of us had ever tasted. On that regular day, in that familiar house on its usual street, nothing had changed, except for us. I liked a boy and that was fine by me because my boyfriend kicked more and made better cookies than anymore I knew. As I stared out the window to the blue sky that had always been there, I felt alive for the first time in a long while, all thanks to a boy named Kevin who opened my eyes when no one else could.

 

 

 

Aha~ Thanks so much for sticking the story out through the end! I tried very hard~ Please give lots of support to my future fics and the characters that they are about~^^

~Love Love Love~