The decision

At the last minute

It was like everyone in the room was frozen in their positions. There was a silence no one dared to break.

"Then what the hell are we waiting for!" Baekho broke the silence and stood op looking at the CEO, his eyes still a bit red because of his tears. The loud voice woke the others.
"It isn´t that easy to just get that amount of money, and we´re against cooperation with those kinds of criminals. We´ll wait for the police to decide what to do next" the CEO explained still as serious as if someone just died. Baekho clenched his fists still looking angry.
"But we only have six hours. This is waste of time. Ren could get hurt or even die!"
"I´ll said we wait" the CEO repeated and took the manager aside talking quietly with him alone. Then he left the dorm again leaving them all in a more desperate state than before. The police arrived after half an hour but NU´EST couldn´t speak a word before the managers and the policemen closed the door in front of them and kept them away from the negotiations.


The man came back to Ren after a short trip away from the apartment.  Through the door Ren had a feeling that it was in the morning. The kidnapper didn´t talk much to Ren even know he knew that Ren could see him through the open door. It seemed like he waited for something, because he kept throwing looks at the television screen once in a while. Ren didn´t dare to speak for a long time, instead he slowly tried to move the chair to the left as he hoped it would give a better view into the other room. It went pretty well until the chair tipped over and he hit the ground hard with his hip and shoulder. The man went into Ren´s room and stared down at him laying helpless on the ground, then started to laugh.
"What the hell are you doing? Did you tried to get out? I don´t think so, dear" the man said and lifted the chair back into its original position. Ren made a grimace in pain pretty sure that his twisted arm just broke as the pain slowly became nearly unbearable. A sound of pain slipped through his clenched lips and caught the man´s attention.
"Did it hurt? Good.... let´s move you into another position, which will make it easier for me to carry you sooner. I hope your friends get the money on time cause if they don´t, you will have to hold your breath for a loooong time, honey. I don´t need to ask whether you can swim cause you won´t need it if they don´t get here in time". The man smiled and Ren wasn´t sure if he actually hoped that they wouldn´t make it in time. The kidnapper untied his hands making sure to hit Ren´s elbow as much as he could in the process. Ren screamed trying not to pass out from the pain. He fought against him trying to get free, hitting and kicking him as much as possible. The man, overwhelmed by Ren´s strength, got hit right in the face and tumble backwards holding his paining jaw.
"Bloody hell!" he yelled throwing Ren to the floor hitting him in the face then placing himself on his chest. Before Ren could do anything the man´s hands was around his neck strangling him.
".... p-please...." Ren begged gasping for his breath while looking into the crazy eyes of the man above him. Slowly the man loosened his grip still holding him to the floor with the weight of his body.
"Don´t try to run away" the man gasped out of breath because of his anger. Then he lifted Ren from the floor and pushed him into a corner of the room, tied his hands together again and then left the room only to come back with a pair of handcuffs he used to tie Ren´s hands to a closet door with.
"We´re leaving in an hour. We´re going to the river, aren´t you happy?" the man asked not waiting to hear the answer before he left and closed the door making the room completely dark again.


"We can´t just sit her. Times is running out. Let us at least get that letter!" JR rose to his feet and looked at the others. The clock had just turned seven in the morning. Two hours left before it was too late.
"Yes! And then we´ll get the money, I don´t care what the police say! They´re doing nothing but talking and I´m sick of it!"