At the last minute

At the last minute

Ren sank down  deep into the water and hit the sand ground with a weak bump as the stone he was tied to sank deep into the sand on the bottom of the river. His arm hurt but he didn´t care right now because it was more important to stay alive. He desperately tried to hold his breath as long as he could, while he searched the ground for small stones, hoping that they might help him. The situation seemed hopeless but he didn´t want to die. Not here, not now and definitely not this way. He pressed his lips further together and hold back a desperate sound when he found no stone within his reach that seemed sharp enough to cut the ropes. The water was dark and nearly impossible to see through. He moved a bit to the left still searching the ground for stones as he began to fell dizzy and his sight blurred.


Baekho saw a man running away from the bridge and jumped into the water without taking himself time to think or leave any of his things on the shore. He searched the sandy ground of the river as long as possible before he needed to return to the surface for oxygen. The he dived again continuing his search.
He heard the distance sound of another person jumping into the river and saw Minhyun behind him, searching with him. Slowly a figure became visible through the contaminated water. Baekho hold back a sound as he saw Ren tied to the stone not many meters in front of him. The maknaes blonde hair flowed around his head like a crown and his skin looked crystal white against the dark water.
Baekho fumbled with the ropes, his hands shaking from the cold water and his fear of losing Ren. After what felt like hours of struggling with the ropes he finally untied them. He laid his arm around Ren´s waits and swam up to the surface as fast as possible hoping that is wasn´t too late. Minhyun helped him carrying the maknae to the shore, where Aron and JR waited for them. Aron throw himself on his knees beside Ren and tried to wake him up and press the water out of his lungs, while JR helped him.
"please don´t be dead... you can´t be dead. Wake up!" Baekho cried while he hold the maknae´s cold hand in his own warm.

"Come on Ren... come on breath!" JR repeated himself constantly behind Aron feeling helpless.

Suddenly Ren coughed and spat out water. Heavy trembling breaths of air filled his lungs and he slowly opened his eyes looking into the faces of his beloved hyungs.
"Oh Ren...." Baekho threw himself around the maknae´s neck and kissed his cheek in relieve. Aron smiled tired feeling just as relived as the others. Minhyun cried silent while he held the younger's hand tight in his own. The sat still for some minutes just hugging each other before JR slowly got to his feet still watching the others. He took his mobile out from his pocket and called an ambulance.
"Everything´s going to be okay. You´re safe now, Ren..." he said not taking his eyes from the boys which to him was like brothers.

Ren gasped and opened his eyes. He was in his own bed, his faced turned against the white wall and his body covered in cold sweat. Slowly he moved a bit and felt Baekhos arm falling of him. The boy was fast asleep by his side and didn´t notice the movement as Ren sat up and stared out in the darkness. He could hear slow breathing from the others in the house and their managers´ monotone snoring downstairs. Ren ran a trembling hand through his hair and tried to calm himself, steadying his fast and heavy breath and pounding heart. It was a dream. Only a dream.