Kidnapped

At the last minute

Ren didn´t knew when he lost consciousness, but when he woke up he was tied to a chair in a dark room with no light in. The darkness overwhelmed him and his pupils widened as he tried to see through it. While his eyes accustomed to the darkness, Ren tried to free his hands, which was tied together on his back, but is wasn´t possible. Instead he nearly tipped the chair, only at the last minute balancing himself again.

It felt like hours of just staring into the darkness before he heard footsteps close to the door. He heard a key in the keyhole before the door swung up revealing the drunk man again. He had a bottle in his hand, Ren noticed, having difficulties seeing him clear as he stood there in a stripe of light that cut through the suffocating darkness in the room.
"Your awake.... your little liar" the man moved closer to him taking a big sip of the bottle. Ren stared at him to cared to say anything, his blond bangs hiding his eyes partially.
"I know who you are now... your one of those idols... " the man throw the bottle into the wall where it exploded in a cascade of broken glass. Ren jumped in his seat.
"Your name is Ren and you´re from that new group... NU´EST - or what you call it?" the man´s face was close to Ren´s now, so close that he could see every little detail on the man´s skin. He didn´t answer but instead tried to look away, closing his eyes and hoping that this was a long and weird nightmare that would soon end. It wasn´t. He felt the man´s fingers in his hair.
"Please stop..." Ren found himself begging him to stop. The man took a step back to look at his hostage in full person before he turned away and left the room again with a weird sound that could almost sound like laugher. Ren trembled and looked down at the gray tile floor. The door was still open and he could hear the man printing something and afterwards fumbling with papers in the other room.

"What? He can´t just disappear!" NU´ESTs other manager yelled upset and worried walking back and forth in front of NU´EST, who sat quietly on the couch in their dorm. The manager who had been with them when they stopped to eat was at the company explaining what had happened. Baekho hadn´t spoke a single word since the discovery of the pink shoe, but just sat silent with the shoe on his lap.
"Maybe somebody kidnapped him?" Aron said quietly to the others looking pale and nervous.
"Maybe.... but why would someone do that?" Minhyun though aloud running his fingers through his hair again and again in frustration. He looked around having a hard time sitting still and doing nothing.
"Well we´re idols. Isn´t that a reason?" JR asked, knowing that they had just debuted and wasn´t that well known to the public but at least well known enough to have a pretty large fan base already. Baekho began to cry, which made Aron put an arm around him.
"In that case we must call the police immediately. You are sure he isn´t picking up his phone?" the manager asked for the hundredth time. "it is switched off apparently" JR nodded looking at his telephone hoping that he had missed a message or a call from their maknae, but he hadn´t.
"I go call the company. Maybe they have already called the police" the manager said and left the room.
"In that case we can´t do anything else than wait... if it´s a kidnapping there would be a letter or something telling how much we need to pay to get him back, or?" Minhyun looked at the others for answers but got nothing else than sad looks. He held his head high constantly saying to himself that this was a bad joke or hidden camera. He couldn´t believe it.

After hours of waiting the CEO of their company entered their dorm looking terrifying serious. "We have received a letter. Choi Minki (Ren) has been kidnapped. The kidnapper wants one million won within the next six hours"