Changes in the plans

At the last minute

After surprisingly disagreement on which person that should try to get the letter or some informations from the managers, they finally settled on Minhyun. As calm as he could, Minhyun knocked on the door which separated NU´EST from the managers and opened it slowly.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked closing the door behind himself while he looked from manager to manager trying to look mature and a bit charming, hoping that it could help him convincing or fool them to tell him something.
"Yes" one of the manager answered, scratching one of his eyes , tired because of the lack of sleep. Neither him or NU´EST had slept for one whole day by now, and the tiredness was slowly making it hard to think straight and clear.
"It is really hard to know nothing at all... we´re really worried about Ren. I guess we all are...." Minhyun slowly began, carefully observing changes in the managers body language. The managers nodded in agreement "...So we thought that if you maybe told us just a little bit of what´s going on, we would have a much easier time sitting here doing nothing" To himself Minhyun knew that even if the managers decided to tell them all they knew, they couldn´t keep still any longer. But those words about being good boys listening to their managers sounded the best in this situation and it wasn´t fully a lie - just not completely the truth. The managers exchanged glances.
"What do you want to know?" they then asked, looking more open and friendly at him as they clearly understood why he asked. None of them liked the situation so why work against each other?
"What did the kidnapper write in that letter?" Minhyun took a step closer towards the managers, eyeing the papers on the table. The manager closest to Minhyun took one of the papers, which laid in a plastic pocket, and turned it upside down preventing him from reading it.
"The kidnapper wants one million won handed over near the river under a bench in two hours or else he will dump Ren into the river. The police are going to keep an eye on every bench near the river and we´re going to deliver an empty back. That is why we´re waiting... we can´t do anything else"
Minhyun slowly nodded understanding the reasoning behind their actions but still angry because they hadn´t said anything to them for all this time. He thanked them and went back to the rest of NU´EST looking at the hopeful boys on the couch.
"They aren´t giving the kidnapper they money but an empty back on a bench near the river. The police is apparently going to monitor the area around the river in case the kidnapper appears...." His sentence was cut off by Baekho´s ringing telephone.
"It´s Ren!" Baekho yelled looking at the number on the screen. "Take it... quickly take it!" JR said trying to get the phone to his ear.
"Hello?" Baekho pushed the bottom making the others available to hear the conversation too.
"... Who am I talking to?" a far too dark voice to be Ren´s asked, "Anyway that doesn´t matter. Your couldn´t have called the police, because now I´m going to cut one hour of the given time. Listen carefully cause I´m not going to repeat what I´m going to say: You must get the money and put them behind a tree near the river in the other end of this city. Don´t say anything to your managers or the police cause then your maknae dies. Do you understand? You have exactly one hour so hurry up or else your little friend will end up on the bottom of the river".
NU´EST looked at each other as the man hang up right after finishing his sentences.
"What are we waiting for... we have one hour!" Aron said breaking the silence and already standing at the door ready to leave.

JR paid for their bus tickets and took them into a bank not speaking many words to each other while they were on their way. Baekho couldn´t stand still and kept looking at the clock on the wall jumping nervously up and down on the same spot.
"We doesn´t have enough time. We need more time!" JR looked at the other customers in the bank, his face as pale as a ghosts. There were so many... this could take like forever.