Chapter 8

Dancing With Noodles - An Exo Fanfic

Sophies P.O.V

Okay, uh Woah.

Sophie looked back at LuHan questioningly and he nudged her forward with a smirk on his face. She stepped into the main living area that was bigger than her entire room at the purple sunset. The walls were painted a warm yet sophisticated cream and modern furniture was haphazardly strewn about area that she (stubbornly) refused to believe was just ONE room.

Three faces turn to greet her on entry and they rushed from their positions lounging on the couches and watching late night television. Late night TV, Risky move. The first to reach her was the boy with the Canadian accent that she had met at the restaurant a few nights earlier. He extended a lean yet large hand towards her. “Hi I’m Kris.” She shook his hand and looked up at him, threatening to strain her neck. He was probably verging on 190cm.

“I’m Sophie, we met at the restaurant what seems like ages ago now.” Their hands broke apart and she smiled warmly at the boy, hoping he remembered and didn’t think she was some freak.

“And have continued to run into each other frequently since then, I remember well. You fell asleep on our studio floor, remember?” a chuckle escaping his lips.

“My back certainly does.” A groan escaping hers, but she still managed to smile not wanting to complain when she just met him. A throbbing pain in her lower back and hips made her think twice but she ignored it, she would just take some ibuprofen later.

He stepped back and sat back down on the couch as another boy from the restaurant took his place. It was the boy with the lean elegant features that spoke quietly. “Hey I’m Lay.” He said hands shoved deep into his pockets. He looked at the ground shyly before meeting her eyes. He was so adorable. “I’m Sophie.” She smiled encouragingly at the shy one and he returned it slightly more confident.

A boy she hadn’t met so far appeared at his side, he squeezed Lay shoulder supportively and the shy one disappeared down a previously unnoticed hallway. The boy turned to Sophie, “I have yet had the pleasure to meet the famous Sophie.” He extended a hand which she shook firmly, famous? LuHan and Sehun had been gossiping like old ladies. “I’m SuHo , the guardian of these hooligans.”

Just to emphasize the point a boy came running out of a closed door and dove behind the couch, cowering behind a large pillow. A second boy came sprinting out and hurled himself at the first, rolling them across the floor a few metres to land at SuHos feet.

The elder boy cleared his throat and the two looked up at him curiously. Spotting that they had an audience they sprang apart and stood from the ground, hanging their heads like puppies ready to be scolded. Sophie quickly recognised one of them, as if she could forget his red hair.

“Boys, Sophies here. She will soon learn how crazy you guys are but until then but let’s ease her into your crazy habits’ now shall we?” SuHo chuckled shaking his head. He grabbed the pillow the red haired one had previously been using as a shield and threw it back to the couch before disappearing into the room the two boys had just ran out of.

Once his hands were free the red haired boy smiled at Sophie his eyes shining behind fashion glasses. “Hey I’m Chanyeol, and this is Tao.” He guestured to the boy at his side. He was also from the restaurant, the one with blue in his hair. “I’m Sophie, Nice hair by the way and those glasses are awesome.” The two boys looked at each other nodding in agreement.

“Thankyou.”

“Yeah, thanks.”

They deposited themselves on the couches and Kai and LuHan followed them. Sehun pulled at her arm and led her towards the dreaded doorway that SuHo disappeared through just a moment ago. She stepped inside and was surrounded by shiny silver kitchen appliances and white cupboards and benches.

Her attention was then drawn to the arguing boys in the middle of the room. One was holding a spatula and was pointing it threateningly at SuHo. Sehun ran at them and separated them, snatching the steel utensil from its owner. As the three boys struggle at shouted at one another, Sophie stood in the doorway watching in amusement. LuHan appeared next to her and gestured at the two boys, still yelling at each other and ignoring Sehun.

“Meet Umma.” He pointed at the boy who was last in possession of the spatula. “And you have already met Appa.” He pointed at SuHo who had given in and was backing away smirking with his hands in the air.

“Yah! Get out.” Umma said once he had the spatula back in his hand and was perched by the stove once more waving SuHo out of the room. Noticing Sophie had arrived his glare turned to a grin.

“Umma, meet Sophie.” Sehun said playfully pushing him over to the door way grinning cutely. The Umma looked back at his supposed ‘son’ and mockingly glared at him, causing the boy to stop pushing and run over to Sophie latching onto her arm for dear life.

“Hey I’m D.O.” The boy said extending the hand that wasn’t gripping the spatula. Before she could shake his hand, she felt someone slip past her into the kitchen and D.O exploded. “CHANYEOL GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN NOW!” the red haired little thief realised he had been caught and slowly back out of the room, an evil smile playing on his lips. D.O raised the spatula threateningly and Chanyeol scattered away.

The ‘Umma’ face palmed and shook his head, “I honestly don’t know what I am going to do with him.” He returned to the stove and chuckled as he stirred the pot. “Welcome to my kitchen, this is what happens every night, SuHo comes in and tries to look over my shoulder, Chanyeol and Tao begin to fight and steal food. It’s an everyday thing in the EXO household. ” He turned back to Sophie and she grinned at him. He looked so funny, he had a brink purple apron on that said something in Italian which she couldn’t read. His black hair stood up on all ends like he had run his hands through it many times due to stress and he looked like he could use that spatula in a duel if need be.

“We are going to take her to meet the rest of the guys.” LuHan moved and gestured for Sehun and her to come with him. “Okay,” D.O responded. “But tell Xiu Min that if he steels any more of the bread rolls I will cook HIM for dinner!” he shouted after them.

The three of them made their way down the hallway that Lay escaped down earlier, and they reached the second last door of what Sophie assumed were bedrooms. Shouting and banging around could be heard from behind the door and LuHan shook his head. He then pushed open the door without knocking and barged into the room. “Guys come meet our new roommate, and Xiu Min. Stop stealing D.O s breadrolls, he is going to kill you.” He shouted before nonchalantly exiting the room again, smirk playing on his lips as he leant up against the wall adjacent to the door.

A boy with strangely pale skin, hair sticking in all directions and a cute round face appeared at the door, with one cheek bulging and his hand clutching onto a bread roll. “I assume your Xiu Min then.” The boy nodded chuckling and he took another bite from the bread roll, “I assume your Sophie, our new roomie.” He returned. He turned back into the room, “Chen hurry up, LuHan wasn’t joking she really is here.”

A boy appeared at his side smiling. “Hey I’m Chen. Ignore him, he is always a smart .” He stuck a thumb in Xiu Mins direction which earned him a glower from the bread addictee, Sophie chuckled. “Then we will get along just fine.”

Xiu Min finished his bread roll when suddenly his expression transformed into one of concentration and Chen shook his head and rubbed his brows. What was happening? He raised his nose to the air and stepped out into the hallway facing the kitchen. He froze and his left hand that had been gripping the bread roll twitched. He quietly whispered “Food.” Before bounding down the hallway.

LuHan erupted into cackles next to her and the other two boys shook their heads and pulled him off the wall. A smile spread across Sophies face, he looked so cute when he laughed. “Come on Mei-Mei, Xiu Min always knows when grubs up. He is like a black hole, no matter how much food he eats, he is always hungry.” Chen gestured in the direction of Xiu Mins attack.

“Mei-Mei?” Sophie turned to LuHan questioningly, what did that mean. Was it a nickname or something, she had only been here 10 minutes. “It means little sister in Chinese.” She felt affection for Chen who considered her a little sister already. Maybe she could fit in here.

The three of them made their way towards the kitchen and saw Xiu Min proudly emerge holding a bowl of stew and rice. He smirked at her “Told ya’.”

“Let’s hope there’s some left after you’ve been in there, wouldn’t bet on it though. I hear you’re a black hole.” She shot back, a surprised look crossed his face and she grinned innocently at him. Two can play at this game.

Tao laughed from his perch on the couch, “Mei-Mei knows how to play.” Apparently this name was catching on. The rest of them shuffled their way one by one into the kitchen and emerged holding steaming hot bowls of food. Sophie felt her stomach rumble. Lunch had felt like days ago.

But she looked down at herself and noticed she was still in her uniform, and she still felt dirty after that ‘attack.’ LuHan noticed her reluctance and self consciousness. “Come on,” he said pushing her down the hall. “We will get you some clothes and you can have a shower before you eat. The guys will probably still be eating after you’re finished anyway.” He opened the third door on the right and gestured for her to wait in the hall. He emerged a few minutes later holding a large grey shirt and some black track pants.

“You can change into these after you shower, Sehuns would probably fit you better but I’m not going into his and Taos room in fear of my life.” He chuckled and Sophie couldn’t help but join him. He continued down the hall and pointed to the last door. He quickly knocked on it and Lay emerged with wet hair and gripping a towel. Thank god he was fully dressed though. “It’s all yours.” He said and squeezed passed them.

“D.O finished dinner.” LuHan called after him and Lay gave him a thumbs up before racing to the kitchen.

“Knock yourself out.” LuHan said gesturing to the bathroom. Sophie stepped inside but she felt her feet slip from under her on the wet tiles. Quickly strong arms encircled her waist and kept her from hitting the ground. “I didn’t mean literally.” LuHan said into her ear, she could almost hear him smirking. Arrogant LuHans back, great. She pushed back the urge to elbow him in the ribs “Shut up.”

She felt redness creep up her cheeks and she removed herself from his hold and pushed him out the door, mumbling a thank you and trying to ignore his smirking, annoyingly cute face.

After showering and scrubbing her skin raw, trying to remove the feeling of the drunk mans hands on her she stepped out onto the towel she had precautiously placed on the floor so she wouldn’t slip and dried herself off. She began to dress herself when she picked up the clothes that had been leant to her. He wanted her to wear HIS clothes? She would’ve been fine wearing Sehuns or BaekHyuns, so in theory she shouldn’t have been embarrassed to be wearing Luhans. But she was.

Once she had thrown her dress in the wash basket she made her way back to the kitchen where low and behold, LuHan was right. The guys were still eating. She went to grab her own bowl and noticed the big pot of stew was now half empty. Xiu Min. She filled her bowl with a generous amount of rice and stew before joining them at the table. Her suspicions were proved when she noticed that Xiu Min was half asleep at the table. 5 empty bowls sat piled in front of him. She had expected more to be honest.

“Weakling.” She muttered under her breath and Xiu Min caught the throw away remark, lifting his head from the table and glowering at her. She smiled sweetly at the boy before tucking into her own meal.

“He actually isn’t full,” Chen said from across the table and Sopphie looked at him curiously. “He is depressed because not matter how much he eats it’s never enough.”

“Why?” Xiu Min quietly sobbed into the table and the other boys grinned at the fool.

Sophie had sat between Chanyeol and Sehun and listened quietly to the conversation spinning around the table. They were talking about touring and where they would like to go if the showcase was a success.

“I want to go to America so bad.” Chanyeol squealed.

“I would love to go back to Canada.” Kris put in, smiling at a memory unbeknownst to anyone else.

“Europe, the food sounds good.” As Xiu Min briefly raised his head from the table before resting it back down.

“Japan, Japan, Japan!” Sehun commented in a sing song voice.

“I vote either Hawaii or Australia, I want to try to surf.” Kai said through a mouthful of rice.

Sophie felt comforted by the friendly chatter around her and any worries she had about living with these guys dissipated. Sitting there, having dinner with them, it felt like she had done it a hundred times before.

“Sophie where would you like to go if you could?” SuHo asked from across the table and she chuckled, that was a no brainer. “I’m going the Xiu Min approach here and I would go to Mexico. I absolutely Love Mexican food! Plus I make some mean Tacos!”

“I love tacos!” Xiu min said his head shooting off the table looking at her in amazement. Sophie came up with a hundred different ideas for blackmail if this boy ever got on her last nerve.

“Then I might make it one day.” She said smiling kindly, hiding her real plans from the boy.

Kai looked sheepishly at her before waving his hand, “I know this may sound stupid, but what’s a taco?”

Sophie dropped her chopsticks and Xiu Min dropped his jaw, both hitting the table at the same time. “You have never had a taco?” they asked in unison. “No.” he shook his head and scratched his eyebrow nervously. This poor, poor sheltered boy. This has to be fixed.

“Okay, in a couple of nights I will make Tacos for Dinner.” Xiu Min leapt from his seat and danced around for a moment before retaking his position with his head on the table. Man, that boy was so damaged.

D.O looked at her suspiciously, apparently very protective of his kitchen. “Can you cook?” eyes penetrating her soul, making sure she wasn’t lying. It felt like she was being interrogated. “I used to be a chef at the restaurant I work at.”

“Used to?” he raised an eyebrow at that comment.

“Mr Kim decided that since I was a girl I should be a waitress and wander around in hardly any clothing instead of cooking, like I was originally hired to do.” She responded dryly, loosing her appetite, she spun the rest of her food around her bowl with her chopsticks. How dare he sell her like a cheap . She shook off her depressing mood before it spread, and she plastered a smile on her face.

“But I reckon I could give you a run for your money.” She chided at the groups Umma, waving her chopsticks threateningly in his direction. Hopefully changing the subject.

D.O noticed the switch but went along with it. “I dare you!” he joked back pointing a chopstick back in her direction.

“Fine, I will make Tacos in a few nights and you can decide whether I’m good enough.” She grinned evilly at the older boy, he mockingly flinched under her gaze and pretended to duck behind BaekHyun who was sitting next to him, who promptly poked him with a chopstick forcing him to come out of hiding.

Once everybody had finished eating it was Sehun and Taos turn to wash up, so everybody either retired to the couch or their rooms. Sophie walked over and reclined on the lounge, she was soon joined by Kris, SuHo and LuHan. They all sat down in different chairs, as there were many, but LuHan joined her on the couch. As he sat down he lifted up hers legs and sat under them so they rested on his thighs.

Sophie didn’t know how to react so she just went with it. He was so bi-polar. He was arrogant and all smirky, then he was nice and caring, then the smirk would rear its fricken head again. She liked him, but he was so confusing.

Kris flicked on the television but muted it, before turning to Sophie. “Hey we wanted to talk to you about the finer details of your offer.” He said before realising how professional he sounded. She chuckled and waved her hand for him to continue.

He rubbed his neck nervously and picked up where he left off. “Concerning the choreography the biggest problem we have faced is we are one group that are separated into two. Exo-K and Exo-M so each of the groups have to be taught the same choreography separately. Are you following?” Worrying look crossed his face and his brows bunched together.

Two groups, M and K. Same choreography, taught separately to both groups. “So basically you both groups need to learn the same dance. So formations are both of six people?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay got that part.”

“Our showcase is in a little under 2 months, we each have different teasers and most of ours have been complete except for a few who can’t figure out choreography.”

“Teaser choreography, check.” She marked off on her fingers.

SuHo smiled at her childishness and she grinned innocently back at him. Kris shook his head fondly and continued, “We also need Choreography for 2 videos; History and Into your world. Mama already has choreography. These dances will also be performed at the showcases.”

“2 full dances. Check.”

“And we will need help with the presentation of these dances at the showcase, how we will use the stage and stuff.” LuHan added, “But that’s it I think?” with a questioning at SuHo who nodded, an unsure look on his face.

“You still up for it?” SuHo asked.

This was going to be hard she wouldn’t lie. Two full dances AND a few teasers in less than two months. She ran a hand through her hair worriedly and popped her lips. She would try, no doubt. She just didn’t want to fail them. This was going to be a rough few months. “Yeah, I’ll still do it. Do you want to start tomorrow?”

LuHan and the others sighed with relief, “Yeah sure.” SuHo replied smiling at her.

“I will need a copy of all the songs that need to be choreographed and I will need to see you guys dance to get to know your styles but we can deal with that later.”, when something perked her interest. She remembered the girls reaction in dance class when LuHan walked in, apart from the fact he looked really hot.

“Are you guys famous already?” ‘Where were you bluntness I missed you’ she thought bitterly. The boys chuckled and SuHo leant forward to begin. “Yeah, kinda. We already have a mini album out and our showcase is already being advertised. Tickets are sold out.”

“Great, more pressure.” Her hand slapped her face as she groaned.

“Don’t worry, we have seen you dance and we have faith in you.” Kris said seriously his lips tilted as he gave her a small encouraging smile. She looked to LuHan who nodded at her and patted her leg comfortingly.

“I just hope you haven’t placed your faith in failure.” She chuckled jokingly and the others laughed with her. “Don’t worry we haven’t.” LuHan said before standing up, moving her legs in the process.

“Can I ask one more question?” this was going to be awkward, she could tell. The others nodded standing from their places on the recliners.

“Where am I sleeping?” She asked meekly, hoping she wouldn’t have to share a room with anybody. It was a selfish hope, but she wasn’t comfortable with the idea.

Kris chuckled, “Your in luck, A few of us share rooms because we prefer it like that. We have three?” he looked at SuHo questioningly, “No two empty rooms, you can take whichever one you want. They’re all the same anyway.”

“I’ll Show you, come on.” LuHan piped up leading her back down the now familiar hallway. He pointed to the doors and named their owners. “That ones Tao and Sehuns, the maknaes share a room, that ones Lays, Xiu Min and Chens who also share, Kris’s, SuHos, BaekHyuns, Kais, Chanyeols, D.Os and mine.” He stopped halfway down the hall and spun on his heel, pointing at Xiu Min and Chens door, “ Don’t ask me why Xiu Min and Chen share, they bug the crap outta each other. I think its part of the appeal.”

He pointed to two doors, one at the beginning of the hall on the left and one in front of her on the right. “They are the two empty rooms. Pick whichever one you want, like Kris said, they’re both the same anyway.” He shrugged against the door next to her and waited for her choice. Sophie personally felt more comfortable sleeping in the room in front of her. She was surrounded by the guys, and some may say it was weird but that thought comforted her.

She pointed to the door in front of her, “This one.”

LuHan smiled, “Trust you to be smart enough to avoid the maknaes room. They run in and out all the time, I used to be opposite their room in the now empty one, it was so annoying.” He groaned banging his head against the door.

He had called her smart, it was a throw away comment but she caught it and didn’t let it go untouched. “You think I’m smart.” She grinned innocently at the older boy.

He in some air and looked at her critically, mocking her, “I don’t know, you now live with twelve boys. How much stupider could you get.” That smirk reared it’s head again and she wanted to slap it off his face.

Seeing her reaction he quickly ducked into the room net to hers and mumbled a quick “goodnight.” Before retreating to safety. She groaned in frustration before retiring to her own room. Fricken annoying, cute, smirky, arrogant, little argrgghhh! She shut the door behind her and flicked on the light, revealing a pleasant but rather bare bedroom with a large dresser, desk, wardrobe and a-

“KING SIZE BED HOW COME I DIDN’T NOTICE THIS FIRST?” She shouted and dove onto the bed, it was the most heavenly thing she had felt in, well, EVER! She could almost feel LuHans smirk through the wall so she poked out her tongue in his general direction.

Sophie quickly pulled down all the blankets and cocooned herself in warmth and pillows. The only thing that annoyed her was the clothes she was wearing smelled like the arrogant boy next door. But she knew (though she would never admit it) she was fond of him despite his annoying tendency to piss her off to no end.

But soon all worries slipped away and sleep pulled her under. 

 

A/N Hey guys <3 this is todays update xoxo this took me forever to get right and i still dont like it but i promised i would update today <3 enjoy xoxox

Comment please and subscribe <3