Chapter 7

Dancing With Noodles - An Exo Fanfic

 

Sophies P.OV

Sophie caught a glimpse of herself in the reflective window shielding her from the cold outside the restaurant. Her waiting uniform once again in use. Mr Kim had decided she worked better as a serving girl. So instead of her normal checkered pants and comfy top she was running around like a fool in a tight satiny dress coloured blood red with opaque black stockings and frighteningly high black heels. She looked like a cheap , but then again that was part of the customer service.

“Waitress!?” Someone called from the bar that was the main attraction of the large restaurant. Sometimes it felt more like a pub than anything else.

“Hey! What can I do you for?” She asked the rather stocky man and his two friends occupying the second furthest booth to the front.

“You can do ME for free anytime doll face.” One of his lanky friends leered at her. She rolled her eyes at them and the man that was obviously the leader chuckled.

“Get us three bourbons would ya sweet cheeks?” He smirked, openly checking her out. His eyes travelled from her chest, down her body and up again pausing at her midsection before rising to her eyes again.

She ignored the man and turned to leave. “Sure. I will be back with your drinks.” Sophie wasn’t used to the treatment she received from the men but she slowly got used to it. She just had to ignore it, no matter how much she just wanted to tip their three bourbons down their shirts.

Their sneers and laughter echoed after her as she headed for the bar. “Hey Keani-Oppa!” She greeted her friend who bartended at the restaurant 5 nights week. The tall guy turned at the sound of her voice and beamed at the sight of her. She returned the grin. “2 hurrcaines and 4 glasses of champagne for 7, and 3 bourbons for the creeps at table 2. If you have any desire to poison the last ones I can keep it a secret.” She added dryly.

“Rough night?” He asked while pouring the drink, skilful hands working quickly and in ten seconds her tray was covered with table 2 and table 7s drinks.

“You have no idea.” Sophie yanked the back of her dress down, noticing a few uncomfortable gazes fall on her as she leant at the bar, she would take her sweet damn time. The douche bags could wait a moment of two. “They are the sixth table of creeps I have served tonight, and I feel like a two dollar in this dress.” She pulled the straps back up on her shoulders after they had fallen momentarily.

“Just ignore them,  Seungy-Sek has to deal with it to. The creeps just seem to sit in your section more often because they are closer to the bar that way.” He slid a whiskey to an older man at the end of the bar giving him a quick wave which the guy returned before promptly downing the alcoholic beverage.

“And that dress doesn’t help.” He added cleaning the bar with a damp cloth.

“Your telling me.” She returned and sashayed her way to table 7 and dropped of the drinks before returning to the erts.

“Couldn’t stay away could ya Hon?” The leader chortled, “Not that I’m complaining. Why don’t you come and sit on my lap. I’m sure the boss wouldn’t mind.” He raised his eyebrows at her suggestively before winking at her and patting his knee, he was like the erted Santa.

She placed the drinks in front of them leaning across the table when the leader leant forward and placed a note in her cleavage which was on full display in this hooker ensemble. She swatted the hand away but held onto the money. She needed it.

Sophie bowed slightly before spinning on her heel and going to leave She froze in place as one of the men slapped her arse but she just shook her head and continued walking. One day she would turn around and slap them back. See how they like it.

As she returned to the bar she heard the bell chime as somebody entered, she spun and saw it was LuHan and a few others. He scanned the room and found her, eyes popping momentarily and he took in her attire and she wrapped her arms around herself consciously. He shouldn’t be seeing her like this. The man at the door seated them in her section and she turned to Keani, “Oppa, I’m taking a quick break. Some of my friends just came in.”

“No worries, love. I got this.” He returned handing out a few more drinks to a couple sitting at the bar.

Sophie walked over to their table and sat down. She noticed Puppy-like boy, Sehun and a boy she hadn’t met before were seated with LuHan. She smiled warmly at them. “Hey Sophie.” LuHan and Sehun both said in unison before chuckling and smiling at each others. She smiled at them and their freaky twinish psychic abilities. “Hey guys.”

“Hey.” The puppy boy said offering her his hand. “Im BaekHyun!” He almost squealed, his eyelined eyes tilting at the corners as he grinned broadly. She smiled brightly back at him and shook his hand. “Nice to meet you Baekyun.”

“And im Kai.” The other added bluntly but his smile was friendly. His dark hair wind swept about his head and brown eyes sparkling. He was really cute. In fact they all were. Sophie suddenly felt really self conscious as she sat there with the boys and she may as well have been . This dress was close enough to it anyway. She wrapped her arms around herself again to partially hide her torso. LuHan smirked at her and winked which she responded with a glare and he chuckled.

“Did you guys want something to eat?” She asked falling into her waitress role.

The boys quickly scanned the menu before putting in the orders and she rushed off to the kitchen, suddenly nervous. What would they say, did they want her help. She was stupid to offer it anyway. LuHan was probably just being nice and she was about to be let down gently. She waited for the quick meals before delivering them, ignoring the sharp glare of Mr Kim. Why did she feel like she was about to be rejected like a clingy girlfriend who wasn’t wanted.

She placed the meals in front of the boys before retaking her seat and LuHan spoke up, ever the annoying saviour lately.

“We talked with the guys about your generous offer.” He tuned to her with a small smile on his face. Here we go, the big let down. Goodbye comfortable, comfortable dorm room, hello cold studio floor.

“We have considered everything and your offer was very tempt-

“SCREW IT!” BaekHyun almost shouted. “WE ACCEPT YOUR OFFER!” he sprang from his chair and shot himself into her arms, she was very shocked at this sudden show of affection and it took a moment to respond. She wrapped her arms around his middle and they both pulled away and the puppy returned to his seat, tail wagging furiously.

“Really?” She breathlessly asked the other three boys.

“Really.” Kai returned, smirk playing across his lips as he dug into his meal, Okay that smirk made him and LuHan look related.

But still, no way did she expect that response. “Oppa? Does that mean I don’t have to sleep in the studio tonight?” she asked gingerly, trying to ignore the fact she had accidentally called LuHan Oppa. She saw him grin but he otherwise ignored the comment.

“You have bags under your eyes the size of Sehuns school bag, no way are you sleeping on the studio floor tonight.” LuHan added and Sehun nodded furiously before looking at him curiously, mouth full of pasta. “My Bag isn’t that big!” He said as if he was offended.

“Please.” The other three said in unison and Sophie chuckled at the sight. These boys really were a pleasure to be around.

She smiled. “Thankyou, I know you said I’m the one helping you but you guys just saved me. I kinda didn’t have anywhere else to go. I got kicked out of my hotel room the other night.” She had told LuHan this but the other boys gaped at her, it was news to them that she was homeless. She tried to ignore the stares.

She gestured to the meals, “Enjoy, please It’s on me.”

“No worries, when does your shift end?” LuHan asked before taking a massive bite of the burger he ordered.

“Um,” she pondered, trying to remember her schedule. “I get off at ten tonight, so it’s an early one.” She checked the clock, it was 8:47 pm. She usually worked until closing at two o’clock in the morning but tonight was her early shift.

“Perfect,” Kai said pushing away his empty plate. Man, he could eat fast. “Sehun is dying to check out this video  arcade around the corner so we can chill there until your shift ends then we will take you home.”  They all shrugged their shoulders (apart from Sehun who clapped his hand furiously) as if waiting around for over an hour wasn’t a big deal.

“You don’t have to wait around, I can find my way there.” She said not wanting to trouble them. It was big enough they were letting her stay with them, but they didn’t have to be her taxi service too. Sehun pouted which triggered a chuckle from Kai, “Don’t worry, he would just bug us if we didn’t go. Plus now that we mentioned it we won’t hear the end of it for another week.”

Sehun swallowed and gripped his shirt over his heart in mock hurt, “Why Kai, what gave you that idea?”

Kai lightly punched him in the arm before returning to his meal, only to realise he had finished. He stared at the empty plate longingly. She picked it up off the table and his eyes began to glisten. “Refill?” His eyes widened at the mention of more food. “It’s the least I can do.”

On her way back with the food her happiness was ruined with one word. “Waitress?!” The guys at table 2 chorused, snapping her out of her giddy state. The boys looked to her as she dropped off the meal and pointed at the table behind them. “I’ll be right back.” They nodded and Kai began to inhale the plate of food.

She sauntered over to the half-drunk men and leant on their table, hip jutting out with one hand resting on it and her tray gripped in the other. The men looked her up and down once more, like rating a car or a meal “What else can I get ‘cha?” she just wanted this night to be over so she could go and sleep.

“You, , to go.” The leader smirked again his eyes tracing along the line of her s. LuHan and the boys overheard the comment and gaped at the man. Sophie had an overwhelming urge to slap him across the head with her serving tray. She switched hands, trying to surpress the violent urge

“Well I’m afraid I want to stay STD free thankyou, anything else?” She shot back, sarcasm coating her voice. She saw BaekHyun pull back his hand shaking it as if it stung and mouthed ‘burn’ at the ert. A chuckled escaped her lips which was promptly cut off by the man grabbing her . “Just this.”

He grabbed her and attempted to feel the rest of her up and Kai and LuHan both shot to their feet with expressions ready to kill. The man ran his tongue across her s and she attempted to push him away but he was to strong. His friends were behind him cheering him on.

Kai and LuHan both rushed over and BaekHyun dived over the divider separating the booths, poised ready to kill. Sophie tried to wriggle out of his grip unsuccessfully, but suddenly a ‘thwack’ echoed throughout the restaurant as Kais fist connected with the mans jaw. The momentum sent him tumbling backwards and into the arms of BaekHyun who hit him over the head with the tray Sophie had dropped. He leaned against the table still conscious and looked ready to fight back until Keani dove over the bar and headed towards the quarrel.

The two men still sitting, scrambled from their seats and ran out the door, their wounded friend closely following. The silence that echoed throughout the restaurant slowly faded to a quiet murmur as the excitement died down. Sehun ran over slightly shocked at the nights precedings.

“Th-Thanks Guys.” Sophie said stuttered her knees wobbling. He wrapped her in a hug and the four other boys cleaned up the mess on the floor. She wiped the saliva off her s and readjusted her dress that had gone askew from the violation. “Just another day at the bar.” She said sarcastically and Keani gave her a small smile which she promptly returned. Attempting to look okay.

“You okay Sophie?” LuHan asked, eyes scanning her body making sure she wasn’t hurt. He wiped at a stray tear that had fallen down her cheek and she quickly wiped at her own eyes composing herself. She didn’t know she was even crying.

“Yeah,” she pulled out of Keani’s hold and she gripped his arm comfortingly. “Im okay.” She reassured them, wishing her knees would stop shaking and blowing her cover. “Thankyou for hitting him Kai.”

“No worries.” His eyes smouldering, note to self, never get on Kais bad side. He ran his fingers through his hair tugging on the dark strands trying to calm himself. She rubbed his shoulder and gave him a small smile which stopped him from hyperventilating.

BaekHyun hugged her again. “That was so wrong.” He said softly, he her air and she leant into the hug. BaekHyun was officially one of the nicest boy she had met. “How could someone do that.” He wondered out loud, His voice a little louder. Keani caught the statement.

“Happens often around here. Sophie is usually in the kitchen and is safe,” He paused his eyes firey “but we are short on servers and Kim makes her work out here now.” 

BaekHyun pulls away and shakes his head. “The nerve of some people.”

Keani pulled Sophie to face him, “Love, take the rest of the night off.”

“No.” She shook her head, she couldn’t. “I need the money, I’m broke already and Kim won’t pay me extra to get me back on my feet.” She needed to pay student fees, rent for the dorm, tax. She needed the money. A little customer/serving girl quarrel wasn’t that big of a deal. She wiped at her chest again un consciously, trying to remove the feeling of dirt under her skin.

“Sophie. I will clock you out at your normal time, if Kim questions it I’ll tell him you were helping me near the bar a lot. He won’t even think twice, just do us all a favour,” Keani said, grabbing her chin and looking into her eyes. “ And Go Home.” He grabbed her bag from behind the bar and gently pushed her towards the front door.

She gave in and exited the building with the guys following closely behind. She tried to convince herself that she was okay, but she was still scared. “Let’s go home.” LuHan said from behind her. She turned and met his eyes. His face filled with worry and compassion, all arrogance gone. She sniffed and wrapped her arms around herself, trying to cover her body. Ashamed that was seen in this ty attire. She felt herself nod and the boys encircled her trying to keep her warm.

LuHan gave her his jacket and she accepted it after much debate. She took In the unfamiliar but comforting smell of the boy and buried herself deeper in the jacket.

BaekHyun and LuHan grabbed her hands and led her while the other boys followed and they talked about random things to pass the time, though Sophie thought they were just trying to keep her mind off the ert. She was thankful for that.

“So where are you from Sophie?” Kai asked from behind her.

She smiled thinking of her hometown. “I’m from a small town in costal NSW Australia.”

“Cough it up.” Sehun piped up gesturing to Kai and the older boy flicked him a coin.

“They had a bet whether you were Australian or Canadian, Sehun won.” BaekHyun filled in the blanks when he saw her confused expression. Oh.

She chuckled, and shook her head, of course they did.

“Whats it like there?” LuHan asked from her left side.

“It’s beautiful. There are lovely golden beaches within a 10 minute walk of my old house, and there are gorgeous parks, nice urban areas, and its very green with a lot of trees. It’s a perfect balance between coastal and urban life.” She said with a grin on her face. The thought of her hometown always made her smile, the green trees that seemed to frame everything. The refreshing sea breezes. The water, man she missed it.

“I used to go to a place called The Junction.” She remembered smiling. The boys looked at her curiously. “It was a large group of blocks with stores on all of them within a 20 minute walk from a popular beach. My friends and I would start at the beach and walk the entire length of road up to the stores and just browse for hours seeing who could get the best deal.”

“We would then go and swim for ages and just continue to walk between the two places for the entire day.” She smiled at the memories she had there. Her two friends and her messing around and getting stared at by passers by because they had stuck Laura in a trolley or something else completely silly. “It was a great way to waste a weekend.”

BaekHyun chuckled next to her. “I love the beach, but we don’t get to go often.” He said with a sad smile as they turned the corner and approached the Dorms.

“Isn’t there a beach around here?”

“There might be, I honestly haven’t checked it out.” He shook his head, slightly exasperated. They opened the massive door to the Dorms and begun making their way up flights of stairs. Sophie had survived the treacherous climb until the second set where she tripped on the third step and face planted into the railing.

“Ow.”

The boys rushed to her but she got to her feet easily and nonchalantly brushed the dust of her dress. Tripping over wasn’t a big deal anymore, she did it every day. Plus the heels made an accident inevitable.

“I’m okay, you will quickly learn how clumsy I am.” She said smiling at them reassuringly and continuing up the stairs, but the boys stayed closer to her making sure she didn’t fall again. Once they reached their floor LuHan explained to her how the boys all lived together in one massive section in the dorm. The larger groups at SM got larger dorms and since they were a group of 12, well they basically got the whole 4th floor to themselves.

“We all have separate rooms and stuff,” he said waving off any worries she had about sharing a room with a guy.

“Its kind of like a small house that’s one story.” Sehun piped up as they reached the door way.

LuHan pulled out a set of keys and unlocked the door. He opened the door and gestured for her to enter first. Sophie walked in and stared in wonder.

Okay uh, Whoa.

A/N Okay, this chapter in my opinion really fell down hill but I hope the next one is better. I wrote this one at like 3 in the morning so my brain wasn’t really working. Hope you enjoyed it anyway, if you could understand the garbbel and word vomit.

Please comment, even if its only to tell you how muc you like,,, i don't know cats or whatever. It really makes my day <3 <3