Chapter 11

Dancing With Noodles - An Exo Fanfic

 

WARNING ANGST!!!

 

LuHan P.O.V

Why did this bug him so much. Why couldn’t he get it out of his head. LuHans felt slapped the ground as he pace the length of his bedroom, hopes of sleep long gone. He hadn’t been feeling right ever since Sehun came home, alone, without Sophie. The younger boy was a mess and LuHan wasn’t much better. He wouldn’t usually react like this, he would usually smirk and brush it off saying she probably got lucky and went home with some guy. But that would make him feel even worse.

What was happening to him, he was like a love struck teenager. He ran his fingers through his tan brown locks, tugging at the roots from frustration. He needed to calm down. He saw the shirt he had discarded on the floor earlier and kicked it further across the room.

He sat down at the foot of his bed with his head between his knees, he hated waiting. His entire past just consisted of it. The empty houses waiting for the person who would never come, the hospital wards waiting for the results he wished he didn’t get, the funeral parlours waiting for the tears to dry. He was always waiting. He swallowed the growl that threatened to escape his throat at the memories of his childhood. Memories he didn’t want to deal with right now. Plus he had other things to deal with right now.

Sophie had run into trouble again, he knew it. Why did everyone around him always get into trouble?

He swung open his bedroom door emerging from the dark room and plodding down the hallway into the living room. He needed to do something, just anything. As long as he was moving. He threw on some shoes and swung open the door of the dorm and locked it behind him before running down the stairs, looking for an outlet.

He ran halfway across campus, the cold air stinging his bare skin and his lungs burning from the exertion but he didn’t stop. His legs continued to pump and he pelted through the black night, running away from the memories, the emotions. The pain.

He didn’t stop running until he reached the front gates and he collapsed on the ground from exhaustion. The salty sweat beads slid down his forehead as he leant his head against the cool metal poles of the gate. She needed to come home, he needed to know she was safe. Images of her being assaulted by the man at the restaurant flooded his brain and it felt like he was drowning.

He got to his feet and was about to start running again when he heard staggered foot steps coming towards him. Great, now he was going to get mugged.

“LuHan-Oppa?” it was like a cold bucket of water had been tipped over his head. He head flicked up and his gaze immediately fell on a very tired looking Sophie opening the campus gates. “What are you doing out here, it’s freezing?” She demanded rushing over to him. “You couldn’t even put on a goddamn shirt?! Fricken hell.” Now that he had calmed down he noticed it was actually really cold, the adrenaline had stopped pumping through his veins and the hair stood up on his arms. But he didn’t care she was safe.

“Come on lets get you inside, before you catch a fever.” She grabbed his hands and led him back to the dorm, he tried to ignore the buzz of electricity running up his arm from her touch but the tell tale smile on his face never wavered.

After about five minutes of walking they reached the dorm and rushed inside out of the cold, rubbing their arms for warmth. She was only wearing a tight black dress with black heels, signalling she had been at work and anger flared inside the idol. How could she go back there, after everything that happened. But that didn’t explain why she hadn’t come home after school.

“Where were you, we were worried sick!” He said and she looked down guiltily. “I had to go to work, if I missed another shift Mr Kim would have fired me.”

“No I meant this afternoon. You didn’t come home with Sehun and the boy was freaking out!” he all but yelled. He took a deep breath trying to compose himself before turning back to Sophie. It was then that he noticed the dark blue bruise of the side of her face, covering her jaw line and half of her cheek and all of his anger at her melted away.

He stepped closer and ran a finder along her jaw line, “Where did you get that?!” he whispered. He recognised those marks, for a long time he had ones similar. Fists. She pulled out of his grasp and rubbed her cheek tenderly. “It’s okay that doesn’t hurt. I can take a hit.” She mumbled sheepishly, not meeting his eyes. What was wrong with her somebody had hit her and she was embarrassed?! “Plus why should you care.” She chuckled trying to lighten the subject but he wasn’t having any of it. Arrogant LuHan had been caged for the moment and he wasn’t coming out.

“That wasn’t what I asked. Who did this Sophie, who punched you?” he said quietly, the purple maze on her face. Her face lowly collapsed from the sarcastic smirk she held earlier to a depressed pout. Whoever did this would pay dearly for even touching her. She swallowed and he saw her fight back tears, “Some guys at school.”

“Did they do anything else?” he asked lightly grabbing her chin, making her meet his eyes. He gently wiped a stray tear that had fallen down her unblemished cheek. She rubbed the back of her head and sniffled. “I hit my head on the ground when they knocked me over and now I have a really bad headache. I couldn’t even see straight earlier b-but I’m fine n-now.” Her voice began to brake towards the end and she looked away.

He pulled her into a hug and felt her stiffen at his embrace before warm arms wrapped around his neck as her tears began to fall. Salty droplets fell down his bare shoulder as she tucked her head into his neck, shielding herself from the world. He hated seeing her like this. Hated seeing her hurt.

She pulled away and he reluctantly unwound his arms from her waist eyeing the bruise once more. “You should see the nurse before going to bed, in case you have a concussion or something.” He said scratching the back of his head nervously. What was wrong with him tonight, he was more bi-polar than Xiu Min at dinner time.

She nodded wiping under her eyes again, and he led her towards the nurse office trying to ignore the way her hips moved as she walked. He tore his eyes away and shook his head, What was she making him into. First he is insane with worry, then anger, then sadness and now want. What the . Memories of her in dance class, the way her body swayed to the music almost knocked the breath out of him. He tried to shake the thoughts away, now was not the time, she was hurt.

That tempting sway was soon interrupted however as she fell to the floor. He dove and caught her just before her body hit the hard marble floor and she hurt herself even more. “Are you okay?” he asked seeing a far away look in her eyes. She shook her head and laughed unsteadily. “Yeah, yeah I’m okay. I just got a little lightheaded is all.” Bull . He slid his arms under her body and lifted her off the ground, cradling her bridal style against his chest.

“LuHan what are you doing?” she said a frightened look crossed her face. What did she think he was going to do, kidnap her? “I’m carrying you to the nurses office so you don’t fall over again. Being dizzy is not normal, you could have a concussion.”

“I fall over all the time, it’s no big deal.”

“Well once I know your okay I will let you walk. But I won’t know that until we see the nurse.” She sighed reluctantly and nodded “Araso.” She mumbled. He beamed at her and she wrapped her arms around his neck making it easier for him to carry her. He tried to ignore her warm breath along his bare skin and the feel of her warm body in his arms but it was difficult. These feelings were driving him insane, he didn’t know how much more he could take.

They reached the nurses office and the white sterile walls set him on edge, they reminded him to much of a hospital. He set her gently on the ground and began fidgeting from one foot to the other, desperate to get her checked out then leave. They walked in and the nurse nodded as a greeting gesturing to the examination table in the middle of the room. Images flashed through his mind of a pale woman laid out with tubes jabbing into her arms an oxygen mask taped to her face, making him fight back a sob. 

He looked to Sophies face and saw her skin go green and he chest rising and falling rapidly. He grabbed her hand and entwined their fingers, “What’s wrong?” her face quickly change to a light smile that he knew she was faking. “What? Nothing.” She said and forced a chuckle before hesitantly walking to the centre of the room.

She laid down and LuHan sat down in a chair next to her while the nurse inspected her skull, pausing only to ask him brief questions about the incident and her symptoms. The entire time Sophies hands were fisted by her sides, her knuckles glowing pale white. She definitely wasn’t comfortable here, and neither was he.

The nurse finally finished after what felt like hours. She quickly rattled off a diagnosis while handing him a small clear bottle of pills. “She had a mild concussion most likely caused by the collision with hard concrete. Make her take one of these before she goes to sleep and wake her up at five hour intervals to make sure she doesn’t slip into a coma. Her jaw is okay, it may hurt a little but it isn’t fractured.” Sophie swung her legs over the table and shakily got to her feet, her breath laboured.

LuHan bowed to the nurse before approaching Sophie and swinging her into his arms again. This time no protests were made, she just wrapped her arms securely around his neck and let the tears fall. He didn’t know why she was crying and the curiosity was tearing at his insides but he figured it wasn’t the best time for an interrogation.

He held her tightly against him, wanting to concentrate on anything but his past. Frightening images flashed through his mind but he continued to cling to Sophie, she was the only thing anchoring him to sanity. He hated breaking down. It didn’t happen often but when it did it was hard for him to stay sane. It was usually triggered by a stressful situation

The sensation of tears falling down his cheeks woke him from his trance and Sophie looked at him curiously before wiping the salty bead. “You don’t like Examination rooms?” she asked sniffling and resting her head back in the crook of his neck. He shook his head before realising she couldn’t see him. “No.” he managed to croak.

“Me either.” She chuckled lightly rubbing his back comfortingly. He was grateful for the gesture and hugged her tightly. They reached the door of the dorm and set her down gently to unlock it but refused to let go of her hand. He walked her down the dark corridor and made her take a pill before opening her bedroom door for her. He pulled back the covers and set a glass of water next to her bed before leaving to give her some privacy.

He leant against the wall of the hallway and smelt the familiar scent of the dorm. He was home, he was safe. So was Sophie. He wasn’t there, everyone was alive and healthy. He wouldn’t have to go through that again.

Sophies door opened signalling he could come back in and he hesitantly walked into the dimly lit room where Sophie was sitting cross legged at the end of her bed picking at the sheets. He shut the door behind him and sat next to her, dangling his legs over the end of the bed. She leant her head on his shoulder and grabbed his hand.

“Thankyou for not asking why I was freaking out earlier,” she said quietly her voice strained as she fought back more tears. “And thankyou for looking after me even though I could see it was difficult for you.” Her thumb rubbed patterns on the back of his hand and he let out a sigh.

“Thankyou for not asking about me freaking out either. I’m just not comfortable talking about it.” He responded not looking at her and she squeezed his hand. He couldn’t look at her, those deep green eyes would stare into his and he would spill everything. He didn’t want to burden her with his past.

She suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug, he stiffened at the sudden show of affection but quickly relaxed and hugged her back. He knew they both needed comfort. They both pulled away, what seemed, too quickly. He stood from the end of the bed and walked to the door.

He quickly turned back and saw Sophie slide into bed, he leant against the door frame with the famous smirk playing across his lips and his arms crossed in front of his bare chest. He couldn’t help it he had to say something. “Just think,” he said grinning “You got carried by a hot shirtless idol tonight, most girls would kill to be in your position.”

She threw her hands in the air with an exasperated look on her face. She threw a pillow at him glaring “There you are Arrogant LuHan, I was wondering when you would show up!”

He chuckled before closing the door behind him, and he heard her smooth laugh echo through the wall and wrap around him. Comforting him. He stepped into the room next door and jumped on the bed falling asleep quickly, the sound of her laugh repeating through his head. Singing him to sleep.

 

***

Hey guys sorry it has been forever since an update i have been swamped with school and got sidetracked D:

But good news is i have up until Chapter 16 typed up so you wont have to wait much longer kekeke

Thanks for reading guys i know there arent alot of you but thatyou any way 
<3 <3

Shan xo

and everybody who read my krisyeol ! WOOOOO I LOVE YOU!!!