7장

Back From Beginning

Yaerin's POV

"I'm so tired." Junsu oppa said as she plopped down on the couch beside me.
It was the first day of our one week vacation, since the owner of the school just wanted to give us seniors a break before our big exam week coming up in about a month and a half.
"Oppa, you shouldn't even be working." I sighed as I put my book down on the table.
"And why not?" He asked as he placed his feet on my lap. I pushed it off and turned to him, "Umma and Appa are sending us weekly allowances that's way too much?"
He chuckled, "Well we can't depend on them forever."
"Then let me work."
"No, just focus on your studies."
"But oppa-"

"You're pretty face will be noticed by ever customer you get if you ever work in a store, and I wouldn't want guys all over my future wife."
I turned around and saw Myungsoo coming from the kitchen with a drink in his hands. "Yah Myungsoo!" 
He chuckled and ruffled my hair, "Just kidding."
He plopped down on the couch on the other side of me, "So what are you guys planning to do today?"
"Sleep." Junsu oppa and I said in unison.
"What about you?" I asked him as I pushed Junsu oppa's feet off me once again.
"I'm just about to leave to go to my friend's party. Just a small gathering." He said as he stood up. He held out his hand, "..And you're coming with me." He smiled sweetly at me.
"What?"
"I asked hyung and he said you can come."
I glared at Junsu oppa, "Yah! Oppa!"
Junsu oppa turned to his side, "Just go. I'm tired."
"I don't want to go!" I whined as I slapped Myungsoo's hand away from my face.
"You don't have any choice. You're my date."

I stood up, "WHAT?!"
He shrugged, "What? Can't I take you? We're best friends remember?"
I groaned, "Yes."

 

"You didn't tell me it was a beach party ." I stood beside Myungsoo as I watched girls in bikinis and shirtless guys walking past us.
"I didn't want you to wear your bikini anyway." He stated.
I looked up at him, "Why?"
"Because other guys will be hitting on you and I don't want to beat up anyone today."
I chuckled, "Well that's kind of..sweet."
"Anything for you Rin." He winked at me, causing me to blush a bit.
"Come. I'll introduce you to my friend." He held my hand as we pushed through the crowd of sweaty bodies.

The people were even squeezing together closer, and I felt my hand slipping away from Myungsoo. "Myungsoo!" I yelled as his hand was swept away from mine. I turned around and tried to look for him. It wasn't a "small gathering", because I was lost in a crowd of half teenagers my age.
I suddenly felt someone's arms wrap around my waist, "Hey babe."
The voice sounded a lot like Myungsoo. "Myung-"
I turned around and found myself face to face with a drunk half guy who was grinding on my body.
"Leave me alone." I tried to push him away but his grasp was too strong.
"Let's have fun tonight." He whispered. His lips started traveling down my neck as I tried my every force to push him away. "Stop!" I screamed, but my voice was drowned by the loud music and chattering.
I yelled the first name that I came to me, "MYUNGSOO!" I yelled as I tears were falling down my eyes. The guy's face was now buried on my chest, as he was grinding on my body.
"YOU ING !" I heard a loud voice and in a matter of seconds, the guy who was all over me was now on the floor. With Myungsoo on top of him, beating him up. The guy's face was bleeding profusely from all Myungsoo's punches. 
The people moved away, forming a circle on the fight. Tears were falling from my eyes as I quickly pulled Myungsoo away from the guy, "Stop.." I whimpered as I held his bleeding hands. His face softened as he pulled me into a hug, "I'm sorry." 

 

Myungsoo's POV

I was thankful that Yaerin had pulled me off that bastard before I killed him. I ran my fingers through her hair as her hands were wrapped tightly around my waist. "Let's go home." I whispered to her as I wrapped my arms around her securely. I won't let anyone touch you again.
I looked up and saw Sungyeol who was helping up the bastard whose face was now completely broken. Sungyeol nodded at me in assurance that he'll handle the rest. I gave him a slight smile and nodded 'thanks' to him.

"I was so scared." Yaerin whispered quietly through her sobs. I pulled her even closer to me, "I'm sorry. I won't ever leave you like that." I said softly.
We were at the park nearby, just taking a quick break from everything that happened tonight.
"It's not your fault.." She mumbled as her face was buried onto my now damp long sleeve shirt. "There was just too much people in the party.."
She pulled away and wiped her tears with her wrists, "Myungsoo, thanks for saving me." She sweetly smiled at me. The smile I had been dreading to see. My heart was about to pound out of my chest as we both stared into each other's eyes. 
"You're always there for me. Thank you." 
I quickly snapped out of the daze as I looked away and shyly chuckled, "No one gets to touch MY Yaerin like that except me."
She playfully punched my arm, "What's that supposed to mean!?" She laughed and I looked at her. 
"This!" I pinned her down on the grass and I placed my arms on both sides of her head. I was on top her, with my arms supporting me from completely falling on her. Literally.
I smiled, "You're still beautiful like you were when I first saw you in elementary school," She just stared at me as I continued, "In fact, you're even more beautiful that I feel like I'm going to go blind just looking at you."
She giggled and slapped my chest playfully, "You are so greasy."

I pushed myself off her and laid down beside her and chuckled, "Only for you."
She suddenly spoke, "I remember when we first met in elementary school. You were the biggest jerk ever."

Myungsoo was joking around with his friends when suddenly a girl walked past by them, holding onto a bunch of high school level novels.
"Yah, Byunghun. Nugunya?" Myungsoo asked his friend as he pointed to the girl, walking down the hall. "Molla. She must be new." Byunghun shrugged. The bell rang and they ran to their class, "We have a new student today. Come in here dear." Ms. Park smiled and gestured Yaerin into the class. 
"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Baek Yaerin. Please treat me well." Yaerin bowed and looked at the teacher, "Where do I sit?"
Ms. Park pointed at the back, "Sit beside Myungsoo."
Yaerin nodded and walked towards the table and sat beside Myungsoo who was staring at her without any emotions.
"What are you looking at?" Yaerin looked at him weirdly and placed her books on her table.
"Nerd." Myungsoo smirked and pointed at her highschool level books.
"." Yaerin replied.
Myungsoo's eyes widened as he raised his hands, "MS. PARK! THIS GIRL CALLED ME A !" 
The students chuckled at Myungsoo as Ms. Park glared at him. "Kim Myungsoo, pay attention in class and stop with the nonsense."

Their class ended quickly and lunch came faster than expected. "You got me in trouble. Apologize." Myungsoo held Yaerin's tiny wrist. 
"No. You called me a nerd first!" Yaerin pouted as she wriggled free from his grasp.
Myungsoo's eyes widened even more at her cuteness.

He continued teasing Yaerin everyday. Their love-hate relationship brought them closer and before they knew it, they were inseparable. 


Woohyun x Yaerin chapter coming up next! Please look forward to it!^^