5장

Back From Beginning

 Myungsoo's POV

"Well, that movie ." I complained as I kicked a pebble. Yaerin was walking beside me, not saying a word.
"Why are you so quiet?" I asked as I turned to quickly look at her.

She chuckled silently, "Nothing. It's just.. Ah, nevermind."
"Yaaah Baek Yaerin~~ Tell me~" I whined as I playfully shook her, grabbing her on her shoulders.
"Some other time." She winked at me and walked ahead.

"Aish." I looked up at her figure ahead of me, as the corner of my lips curved into a smile. I quickly caught up and walked beside her.

"Yaerin-ah." I tapped her on her shoulder, making her turn her head, "What?" She asked.
I stared into her eyes as I leaned closer, "What am I to you?"
She didn't look nervous at all, or whatsoever. She looked up in deep thought as her lips curved into a smile, "You're my best friend!" My shoulders deflated as I stood up straight, "..That's it?"
She crossed her arms as she thought a little longer as she shook her head, "Yeah."

I nodded in disappointment as I walked away from her. That's it? That's really what she thinks of me now?
"Myungsoo-ah~ Wait up." She whined as I heard her light footsteps catching up to me. 

 

"Hyung. I'm going to school now." I waved to Junsu hyung as he walked towards me, with toast in his hands. 
"Aren't you walking to school with Yaerin?" He asked as he watched me put on my shoes.
"No. Woohyun is picking her up. I don't want to be the third wheel." I replied without any emotions.
He nodded in suspicion, "Did you two fight?"

I forced a laugh, "No. Anyways, I won't be home early today. I'm visiting a friend." 
Hyung nodded and waved, "See ya."

As I was walking to school with my hands tucked in my front pockets, I heard an annoying voice calling my name.
"L oppa~"
Oh . Not her.

I quickened my pace, but I wasn't quick enough. She grabbed my arm as she hooked hers onto it. 
"Oppa~ Let's walk to school together."
I gave her a cold glare, but she just continued to smile like an idiot, not bothering to let go of my arm.
"Semin, let go of my arm." 
"Shirheo."
"Let go or I'll break your stick arms into two." I said coldly to her, without even bothering to look at her gunk plastered face.
She whined as she hesitantly let go. 

"Oppa, let's go out later."
"No. I'm busy." I replied as I opened my locker, taking my books out.
"Come on. Just today. Then I won't bother you after that."
I looked at her with my poker face on, "Alright."
"Great! See you at lunch oppa!" She stood on her tiptoes as she leaned up and kissed my cheeks.

"Ugh. I got germs on me now." I mumbled as I wiped my cheek with my sleeve. 
I headed to my first class and sat down at the very back, with another school queenka sitting beside me, Minju.
"Annyeong Oppa." She smiled cutely, wanting to make me puke. I scoffed and plugged in my headphones, while waiting for the teacher.

A few minutes later, someone pulled my headphones off.
"What the -"
I looked up, and found Yaerin smiling at me, "Hey!"
I plainly looked at her as I saw Woohyun behind her, holding her books. "Your boyfriend's behind you." I stated as I put on my headphones.

I didn't bother looking at her, as I felt her walking away. Why am I pushing you away when I still love you? 

 

Lunch came quickly, and I was mobbed by fangirls. "STAY AWAY FROM MY OPPA!" I heard the annoying squeaky voice, causing all the other girls to move away. Not again.

Semin hooked her arms on me as she dragged me in the cafeteria, "Oppa, eat with me."
"No." I pushed her away as I dusted off my sleeve.
She pouted as she came running to me and hugged me from behind, "Oppaaaaa~~" She whined loud enough for everyone to hear. 
"Fine. Just let go of me. Don't EVER touch me."
She nodded happily as she took my hand and dragged me to her table to which her other friends were sitting. I rolled my eyes and hesitantly followed her.

I ate quietly as I tried to block out her voice as well as her annoying friends asking me a bunch of questions, and complimenting every part of my face..and body.
"Can you please, just ing, shut up? I'm trying to eat here."
Semin nodded and ordered her friends to do so.

"Myungsoo."
I turned around and found Yaerin carrying her lunch tray, "We need to talk."
"There's nothing to talk about."
"Yes there is."

I sighed and nodded as I left Semin and her little friends and followed Yaerin. We both threw our food as we headed outside to the school field.
"What do you want to talk about?" I asked trying to get this whole conversation over with.
"Why are you avoiding me?" She asked, her voice sounding depressed.
I felt guilt wash over me, as soon as I heard her voice.
"I'm sorry." I simply replied as I sat down beside her on the grass. "It's just.. It's hard to be with you."
She looked at me, "Why?"
"Yaerin, you know I still have feelings for you. Everytime I'm with you, I fall for you even harder. Everything you do, everything you say, there's nothing that can't make me fall in love with  you ever deeper."

She stayed silent for a while, but suddenly she pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry. I don't feel the same way that I used to. But you're my best friend. Can't we continue to be best friends?"

I sighed, not wanting to agree. But it's better to be best friends than not with her at all right? 
"Yes." I replied hesitantly, in almost a whisper.
"But don't forget, I still won't give up on winning you back." I pulled away from her and winked. She sat there speechless.

 

 Yaerin's POV

I watched his figure disappear as he went back into the school campus. I sighed, confused about my feelings for him.
"Hey beautiful lady, what are you doing here all alone?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I chuckled and turned around, "What do you want Woohyun?"
He pouted as he sat down beside me, "Can't I be with you when I want?"
I felt my heart skip a beat and I just nodded, "I guess."
We talked for a bit about random stuff when the bell rang. "Come on. I'll walk you to class." He stood up first as he held out his hand. I smiled and grabbed it, feeling a tiny electric shock running down my back as my skin came in contact with his.

"Hyun." 
"Yeah?"
"You can let go of my hand now." I chuckled as I felt my cheeks burning.
"Oh. Right. Mian." He let go and rubbed the back of his neck.

 


OMG MYUNGSOO OR WOOHYUN!?!? O__O
Sorry for the late update. I've been busy doing..nothing. lol
Please comment and subscribe~^^