That's because I love you

Forever yours

 

"i tried to tell you why and you cut me off saying you would forget it so... Hyung, just forget about it" its not like you enjoyed it anyway, Chanyeol wanted to say, but kept the last part to himself, knowing it wouldn't be accepted all to well by the older boy. 

 

"I can’t chanyeol. I just can’t. But I want my best friend back" 

 

"hyung I never left and I don't be plan on doing that ever so don't worry and hurry up and forget it" Chanyeol finished before laying back down once again.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

After that short talk everything seemed to go back to normal. Baekhyun went back to his old seat next to Chanyeol and the two would spend most of their breaks sitting under the tree they had marked as theirs with Jongin and Kyungsoo.

 

During that time, Baekhyun couldn't help but notice the little peeks Chanyeol would take of him and how quickly his head would snap the other way whenever Baekhyun moved his own. 

 

Baekhyun couldn't help a small blush from creeping on his cheeks whenever he noticed the proud smile on Chanyeol’s face when he did something right.

 

But above all, Baekhyun couldn't help the tightening pain in his heart whenever Chanyeol’s beautiful smile turned into an ugly frown because he had spotted Baekhyun with his girlfriend. 

 

For some odd reason, all the while noticing these little actions Baekhyun also found himself noticing things about Chanyeol he had never once thought about. 

 

Like for instants how pink his lips were. How soft and shiny his hair looked and how soft his skin seemed to be. 

 

It was weird for Baekhyun to only now notice such things after being friends for a life time. But even more considering their current situation. 

 

Of course their relationship had gotten better but still, Baekhyun felt awkward whenever it would be just the two of them alone. 

 

But whenever he was left alone, he often wondered about why Chanyeol liked him, finding himself spacing out and quickly snapping out of it.

 

All the while, Chanyeol was doing exactly the opposite. Trying his best not to look at Baekhyun whenever the latter wasn't either talking to him or looking at him directly. But failed most of the times and later found out that suppressing his feelings for someone was way harder than just trying to keep them a secret. 

 

He couldn't help it. 

 

And no matter how hard he tried to ignore Baekhyun, in a crowded place, his eyes would always search for the older boy, eager to catch even the smallest glimpse. The problem for Chanyeol was, that every time his eyes did find Baekhyun, he would always be accompanied by the person Chanyeol felt more hatred towards. 

 

At those times, Chanyeol’s eager smile would disappear without him even noticing and the tall boy would turn on his heels to disappear. Trying his best to forget the image of Baekhyun smiling happily besides her.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Today -this faithful day- Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s classes had just finished and they quickly made their way towards the gate, being stopped by a loud feminine voice calling out Baekhyun’s name when he was half way across the road. Baekhyun almost tripped on his own feet but managed to keep his balance, turning around and spotting a class mate.

 

But just as he was making his way towards the said girl, a loud screeching sound rang throughout the whole street and seconds later he was pounced violently, his whole body falling on top of something soft -softer than floor that is-

 

The owner of the car cursed at him but the only thing Baekhyun could see was the enormous amount of blood dripping from Chanyeol’s head. The latter had been able to grab Baekhyun just in time but failed to keep himself safe, hitting his head as they both fell down.

 

Baekhyun’s hands furiously shook Chanyeol’s numb body and loud screams of Chanyeol’s name flowed out of his mouth, not even caring about the amount of people that was now gathered around the scene.

 

“Hey Chanyeol!! Wake up! Wake up!” Baekhyun kept repeating those words and didn’t stop until the loud ringing sound of the ambulance sirens was heard.

 

He was separated from his best friend, but not for long as he ran with all the energy he had in himself towards the hospital. Unfortunately, two nurses blocked his way inside and he was forced to wait in the waiting room.

 

How most people managed to keep calm all the while waiting for someone dear to come out of a operation -or something of a short- was something Baekhyun couldn’t seem to understand. 

 

The waiting room only made him feel even more anxious. The people sitting calmly were driving him insane, and if it weren’t for a tall doctor coming through the door and calmly pronouncing Chanyeol’s name, Baekhyun was sure to leave that room. 

 

“Park Chanyeol’s... brother?” the doctor asked Baekhyun as the latter quickly stood up at the sound of Chanyeol’s name.

 

Baekhyun shook his head before talking, “No, I’m his friend. Can I see him?” 

 

“He’s currently sleeping so I would suggest you to come back tomorrow, seeing as I don’t predict him to wake up anytime soon. Oh and could you please let his parents know what happened? We weren’t able to contact them” the doctor said in his calm tone while looking down at his notes.

 

“Is it impossible for me to stay the night with him?” Baekhyun asked and nervously played with his fingers while waiting for the answer.

 

“Sure, just make sure not to disturb him. He hit his head pretty badly so please don’t make any unnecessary noise too” the doctor said and motioned him to follow him. The tall doctor walked through a hall so long Baekhyun thought it had no end and suddenly stopped in front of a door that had Chanyeol’s name on the side.

 

Baekhyun bowed at the doctor before he left and softly pushed the door open, stepping inside the quiet room and coming to a halt when he saw Chanyeol’s body.

 

“oh Chanyeol... what’ve I done to you?” he whispered as he took a seat next to Chanyeol’s bed, his hands immediately finding their way to Chanyeol’s. Of course no answer came but it’s not like anything Chanyeol could say right now would alleviate the pain he felt in his heart.

 

He blamed himself for a lot of things that were happening to Chanyeol but this had to be the worse and Baekhyun wasn’t strong enough to deal with this one. Sure he was able to ignore the sad and lonely look Chanyeol had most of the times, but how could he ignore the big white bandages wrapped tightly around his head?

 

How could he even begin to forgive himself for even allowing his best friend to almost die because of him?

 

He couldn’t.

He wouldn’t.

Ever.

 

Baekhyun wanted to take Chanyeol’s place in that bed. He wanted to switch bodies just so he was the would who would be hurt. Because in his silly little head, he thought he deserved it more than Chanyeol did. 

 

While all those thoughts clouded his mind and vision, he failed to notice the big pair of eyes that was now staring at their intertwined hands. Damn, he was so absorbed in his thoughts he didn’t snap out of it until Chanyeol’s hoarse voice rang through the room.

 

“I-I don’t think you should be doing that hyung” Chanyeol quietly said and tried to get his hands away from Baekhyun’s warm ones. 

 

Baekhyun’s head snapped so quickly in Chanyeol’s direction his fragile neck cracked. He opened his mouth to let a river of apologies flow but nothing came out just as that big familiar knot formed in his throat.

 

He wanted to apologize so bad but by now his vision was clouded with forming tears and Chanyeol yelped uncomfortably as the older boy tightened the grip he had on his hands, while closing his eyes to stop the droplets from falling. 

 

“Hyung stop” Chanyeol’s voice bounced into his ears again and the tears he had been holding back fell without warning. 

 

“Stop crying! I’m fine see? It was nothing!” Chanyeol tried once again and managed to retrieve one hand, with which he quickly tried to wipe Baekhyun’s flowing tears. 

 

“Y-you’re not fine! You b-b-broke your head for my sa-sake! Why would you even d-do that?” Baekhyun choked out and let go of Chanyeol’s hand to bring his own to his face, hiding it in shame as he started to sob uncontrollably.  

 

“That’s because I love you Baekhyun” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Big chapter no?

Either way thank you for all my subscribers and to those who comment!

(also the silent readers ehhe)

Enjoy!

 

Bye-yeom!