Chapter 3

Imperfect Love

"So Kiko's husband is Ji Yong and Ji Yong was a widower and I am his new wife. It's so confusing!" Dara muttered to herself as she stared blankly at the photo.

 

"Unnie, how are you? Are you doing well up there?" Dara whispered at the photo in her hands as silent tears dropped from her eyes.

 

"I promised you I will never fall in love with the guy you love didn't I?"

 

"Mianhe I broke it." Dara sobbed.

 

"Should I act cold towards him so that I could forget all the memories I had with him?" Dara continued, touching Kiko face in the photo frame.

 

"Unnie, I missed you. i am sorry for my feelings towards your husband. Mianhe unnie but I will not give him to you." Dara then wiped away her tears and put back the photo frame back to where it belonged.

 

"It's enough crying." Dara made up her mind as she went downstairs, with each step she took her confidence grew higher and was ready to face the music, to get what she wants.

 

"Fighting! Mianhe Unnie..." Dara whispered as she starts preparing dinner for the Kwon's.

 

"WHO THE HELL BROKE THE PICTURE FRAME OF KIKO???!!!! OWN UP DAMMIT!" Ji Yong boomed in anger as all the maids stood in one line shaking in fear, afraid of the wrath of the famous temper of Kwon Ji Yong. His temper was one that was not a fun thing to play with.

 

"It.. Its me, mianhe." Dara whispered as she stood up to face Ji Yong, expecting some sort of harsh treatment from him.

 

"Come with me babe." Ji Yong gritted his teeth and said coldly. Anger was emitting through his body, he was shaking in anger. Everybody, even the blind could see and feel that.

 

"Young master, Young mistress didn't mea-" Mrs Kim tried to explain however Ji Yong cut her off.

 

"I believe i know my wife better than you do Mrs Kim" Ji Yong muttered as he gripped Dara's hand and pulled her up the stairs.

 

"Young master, please let her go sh-" Mrs Kim tried again with the maids all helping her.

 

"SHUT UP AND PREPARE DINNER!" Ji Yong boomed as he continued up the stairs ignoring the pleas from the maids. Once the door was closed, Ji Yong revealed his menacing self.

 

"YOU HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO MY WIFE GOD DAMMIT" Ji Yong shouted as he slapped Dara as hard as he could. Luckily the walls were sound proof.

 

"Its just a in PITCURE whats wrong?! I AM YOUR WIFE TOO!" Dara shouted back. Ji Yong took a step back clearly shocked that his innocent wife knew how to curse and shout.

 

"Stop stepping on me like a piece of . I admit I like you but I am not someone you could play around with." Dara threatened coldly as she turned and began walking to the door when Ji Yong held her back.

 

" HOW DARE YOU TALK BACK TO ME" Ji Yong then slapped her once again causing Dara to fall from the impact. Ji Yong then left the room as Dara sobbed.

 

"He's like my mom, abusing me." Dara sobbed as she clutched at her face.

 

"Was it wrong for me to retaliate? Or should i just stay by the shadows and support him silently?"

 

"His love for you is too strong unnie. Mianhe unnie I promise I will take care of him well, I shall not try to anger him anymore. As I said from the start didn't I? When he is happy, I am too, even if he will never love me." Dara wiped her tears and she made her way downstairs where all the maids were waiting.

 

"Young Mistress! Kwenchana?" The maids asked worriedly as they saw the fingerprint marks on her cheeks.

 

"He is too much, I am reporting this to Mr and Mrs Kwon!" Mrs Kim declared as she made her way towards the elder Kwon couple.

 

"Anni unnie don't! I deserved it, I talked back to him." Dara whispered as she sat on the stairs holding onto her cheek.

 

"You mean he has been treating you this way since the day you came into this house?" Mrs Kim worriedly asked. She had a soft spot for this young lady, she seemed to have a lot of troubles bottled up inside her.

 

"Neh, unnie don't tell anyone!" Dara hurriedly said as she stood up, preparing the table for dinner.

 

"Unnie must we not tell?" A maid asked Mrs Kim. Mrs Kim sighed

 

"There is nothing we could do, just forget about it." Then she walked away, helping Dara in setting up the table.

 

"Young Mistress looks so sad, she has completely fallen in love with that guy. How I wish I could help her" A young maid named Bom thought as she went back to continue with her job.

 

When the Kwon's came down for dinner, Ji Yong looked normal again and he has even plastered on a smile and gently guided Dara to her seat. Dara's heart began thumping wildly as she tried to tell herself that this was all an act.

 

"Dara dear, what happened to your cheek?" Mrs Kwon noticed and asked worriedly.

 

"Nothing Omma"

 

"You sure? Who did this to you?" Mrs Kwon asked sending a glare over to Ji Yong as if she knew that Ji Yong was the one who did it.

 

"I slammed into the door by myself, nothing to worry." Dara said with a smile as she continued eating. Mrs Kwon looked astonished and didn't believe her but she decided not to harp on it seeing how she looked so fragile and tired.

 

"She... Seemed nice after all, she didn't tell omma about me" Ji Yong thought as he ate. This was the first time he appreciated his wife's doings for him.

 

During dinner, Ji Yong could not drive away that guilty feeling in his chest every time he saw the red marks on Dara's cheek. He felt guilty and wanted to treat her better but when he remembered the photo frame incident, he pushed all of the useless thoughts away and decided not to care about her.

 

After dinner, Mrs Kwon went to find her son to talk to him about Dara.

 

"Son, do you know what happened to Dara? Did she not sleep well? Why does she look so tired?" Mrs Kwon asked him as she glanced over at Dara who was busy washing the dishes and chatting happily with Mrs Kim. Ji Yong looked over too to realize that she looked thinner than she was a couple days ago and she had severe eye bags.

 

"Was sleeping at the couch too harsh for her? Aish what am I thinking?! Of course it wasn't that bad" Ji Yong thought, his conscience pricking him, pitying his wife.

 

"Anni omma, she has been sleeping well! She doesn't look tired to me at all." Ji Yong replied, forcing himself to not worry about her anymore.

 

"This isn't right. Why is she on my mind more than Kiko? Kiko is my one and only love, she could never replace it." Ji Yong thought as he tried to push all thoughts about his new wife out of his head.

 

Meanwhile in the kitchen...

 

"Are you sure you are alright Dara? Here let me do this, you go up and rest!" Mrs Kim gently said as she tried to persuade Dara to rest.

 

"Its nothing. Its not like I haven't experienced this before." Dara whispered the last part.

 

Mrs Kim didn't quite catch what she said and asked, "What did you say again?"

 

"Nothing unnie," Dara said with a smile as she continued washing the dishes.

 

"That poor child, she looks so tired and haggard these days, I bet Ji Yong that kid had been letting her sleep on the couch," Mrs Kim thought as she stared at Dara washing the plates.

 

"That lucky kid doesn't know he has got a gem as a wife. Better than that Kiko kid." Mrs Kim thought, her affection for Dara grew more and more each day. It had grown to the point of her treating Dara as her own daughter now.

 

Mrs Kim never liked Kiko as she always went out during the afternoon to shop and did not care about the housework. Kiko also had no manners towards the elders, she always called Mrs Kim by 'Yah' and not ahjumma for at least a basic form of respect. Mrs Kim also knew that Kiko was with Ji Yong because of his money and not love. Hence this made her dislike Kiko even more.

 

"That kid, he is blinded by love" Mrs Kim muttered as she stared at Dara's retreating back disappearing into the shadows.

 

Later that night when everyone retreated back to their respective rooms, Ji Yong found his wife asleep on the couch without a pillow nor a blanket like the first night. He wanted to kick her to force her to sleep on the ground for what she has done however seeing the peaceful look on her face, he stopped and went under the covers drifting off to dreamland.

 

He didn't know that Dara was awake the whole time, silently praying he would put on a blanket for her however after hearing the snores emitting from her husband, she smiled bitterly and went off to dreamland like her love one.

 

Strangely the dream that haunted them on the first night came back again, except with more incidences and moments together.

 

"Oh... Oh... NOOOOOO!!!!!" Ji Yong woke up with a jolt, sweat all around his forehead.

 

"That dream, it seems familiar... It seems like i have experienced it before" Ji Yong muttered to himself. He turned and saw Dara lying on the couch shivering in the cold. She was uttering something but he couldn't quite hear what she said.

 

"Is she cold?" Ji Yong whispered, concerned as he went to get a comforter from the cupboard.

 

"Wait why am I doing this? She is not worth my attention! I must not have any feelings for her, I will let Kiko down." Ji Yong thought and then he went to put the blanket back into the cupboard.

 

"Oppa, saranghae..." Dara mumbled as Ji Yong walked past her. Her words made Ji Yong stop in his tracks.

 

"Who did she love?" Ji Yong thought curiously as he stared at her, not believing a girl like her had someone she liked too.

 

He just shrugged it off and went to sleep, not knowing that the 'Oppa' was referring to him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WRITER'S NOTE : Hello! I am back sooner than expected. Hehe. Please keep the comments coming! I hope this chapter would make you guys understand the story better. I included Bom, she is gona be someone who takes care of Dara a lot. Thanks for subscribing and commenting!~