Chapter 1

Imperfect Love

His own wedding ceremony just ended.

 

"A groom should be happy right?" he thought bitterly when his just married wife interrupted his thoughts.

 

"Aren't ... You sleeping .."

 

"What are you doing here. This isn't your room!"

 

"But i thought.."

 

"I do not care what you think. My house, my rules. Go and sleep anywhere; just not on the same bed as me."

 

"But we are a cou-"

 

"Do not mention that C word in front of me. Do not use that to describe us. There wasn't an us in the first place "

 

"Arr-" She has been cut off many times but she doesn't mind.

 

She always felt she hadn't had a right to speak in this world anyway.

 

"When i get back you better sleep anywhere just NOT on the bed. The bed is saved for me and my future wife, not for you."Kwon Ji Yong then left his spouse to her own as he went away drowning himself in liquor.

 

They were never in love. They were introduced to one another just a day before the ceremony. The girl fell in love; it was love at first sight while the guy; he had past relationship he treasured so much and he planned not to let it go no matter what.

 

It was a one sided love for Sandara or as people call her Dara, she never received love in her life, not at her present home and definitely not in here. Her only wish was to find true love and happiness however she knew it will never happen to her.

 

She wiped her tears and lay on the couch, without a blanket nor a pillow as she knew she had no right to ask for one, she smiled bitterly to herself as she mumbled, "Such a beautiful dress... Such a pity its going to be used this way." Then she fell asleep thinking that it was the most comfortable place she slept on so far in her entire live.

 

Yes, this was the live of Dara Park, not a rich kid's life like what outsiders have thought because she managed to get married to such a perfect guy. It was instead a poor kid's life, she always lived in poverty and she only wanted love but her life never had 'love' in it.

 

Kwon Ji Yong was an idol, yearned by many fans to be his wife and was constantly on the tabloids but these millions of fans hopes were dashed when the news reported his marriage with Sandara Park or now is known as Mrs Kwon.

 

Dara is just an unknown girl, who was treated like a maid in her present home. Her family wasn't well off but because Ji Yong's and Dara's parents were good friends when they were young, they promised each other to marry their children off to one another's once they grew older and they decided to have this marriage which wasn't told to the children until recently.

 

Dara was fine with it; she had no right to say anything in her house from the start and thus Ji Yong was pissed when she didn't object to the marriage no matter how much he signaled for her to disagree together with him, instead she still agreed to the marriage just because she doesn't want another beating from her mother.

 

Ji Yong went back to his room late at night; still sober and turned his head to find his little wife curled up on the couch sleeping peacefully without a comforter. He just shrugged it off and went to sleep on his bed, hoping that all of this was a nightmare and tomorrow would go back to normal.

 

The eerie thing was that both of them had the same dream that night, a dream that was forever etched in their minds.

 

"Oppa i want to sit on the swing! Pali!" Little Dara told her childhood friend, Ji Yong as she ran towards the swing happily.

 

"Dara-ah do not run so fast!" Little Ji Yong shouted panting behind as he tried to catch up with her.

 

"Ouch! Opppaaaaa!!!!"

 

"Aigoo didn't I tell you not to run too fast? See? Now you got hurt" Little Ji Yong tutted as he took out a plaster and put it on Little Dara's grazed knee.

 

"Mi..Mianhe oppa" Little Dara stuttered as she wiped away her tears staring at Little Ji Yong with her big round eyes.

 

"Oppa will always take care of you. No matter where I am I will always protect you. Omma said that to protect and care for someone I love I would have to marry her, would you marry me when we grow up?" Little Ji Yong fumbled with his fingers as he confessed to Little Dara.

 

"Neh, oppa i want!" Little Dara smiled as she hugged Little Ji Yong very tightly like as if she was afraid that Little Ji Yong would disappear.

 

A few days later...

 

"Mianhe Oppa I hope you won't forget about me, when I come back I will fulfill the promise i promised you. Wait for me oppa. Saranghae" Dara thought in her head as she followed her parents and little brother to board the plane to Japan. She gazed out of the window and clasped her hands together wishing that Ji Yong wouldn't forget about her. She was sure to fulfill that promise she made with Ji Yong. She couldn't wait till she was 18 when she could finally go back to Korea to find her oppa.

 

"How could she lea..leave me?! I hate her!" Little Ji Yong wailed as he clutched onto the little doll he was planning to give to Dara for her upcoming birthday; which he had no time to as they left before her birthday. He did not know why she wanted to deceive him or leave him alone to face the harsh cold world, as hurt as he was, he could only hold onto the small little doll in his hands that he tried making himself just for her. He wiped away his tears and kept the doll into a drawer and locked it, not wanting to be reminded by its memories again.

 

Life then went downhill for the Parks after they went to Japan. Their company has a mountain hill of debts and they even had to declare bankruptcy. They were chased out of their mansion and only had sufficient amount of money to rent a one-room apartment. The Park siblings were normally left alone in their house because their parents had long working hours to earn money to support them.   

 

Dara could no longer continue her studies despite having the brains to enter Harvard. Their life was never the same again for them but however Dara still held on to that thin strand of hope that she would finally meet her 'Oppa' again. That was what kept her going on in her life, he was her inspiration, her medicine to stay alive.

 

After a few years, she found him again, the one she was currently married to was her beloved Oppa. However the one she is living with now is different from her kind hearted Oppa years ago. Yes, she was heartbroken but she forced herself to move on. She was happy just being beside him, watching him silently and cheering him on silently in the shadows. Heck she was even willing to see him with another woman as long as he is living happily.

 

Her happiness didn't matter to her as long as he had his happiness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WRITER'S NOTE : I am a bit new to these things so please help me! This is the first chapter, i hope the plot is clearer now(:

Please subscibe and comment! Thanks!~