Episode 3

Secret Diary

[Ai's house][8:21am]
Ai's mom: it finally came!!! ohhhh!! i'm so happy!! it finally came!!
Ai: (comes downstairs) what finally came? (sits across from her mom on dining table)
Ai's mom: the notification letter!!!
Ai: for what?
Ai's mom: of course for the house!! 
Ai: the house?
Ai's mom: yeah.. didn't i tell you? i stopped paying the bills for a long time already... and now, they've finally notified us!! we have one month to move out. one month exactly, so you need to get packing... packing this whole house for two fragile girls is not easy... (Ai's mom leaves to pack the furniture in her room) 
(Ai has a worried face)

[Yuki-Haru Academy][8:46am]
Haru: i think that's the word!!
Sakura: of course!! it's always the word!! (Ai walks in) good morning!! (sees that Ai is sad) eh? (Sakura and Haru walks over to Ai) what's wrong?
Haru: why do you look so troubled?
[outside school in empty soccer field][8:54am]
Sakura: (all girls are sitting down, then Sakura suddenly stands up really quickly) what?! no! you can't!!
Haru: (calm tone) Sakura...
Sakura: but she can't leave us!! she just can't!! we already watched you leave.. and now we have to watch Ai leave?
Ai: Sakura...
Sakura: no!! i'm not letting you go!! you're going to stay here with us!! we have a perfect friendship!! we knew each other since grade school!! you can't just throw it away!! it's not even a feeling anymore!! it's existing now!!
Ai: Sakura-chan!!! (silence for three seconds) i'm only moving.. i won't leave the school... it's just further away.. i'll still come to school here though... don't worry...
Haru: Sakura... i don't think Aunty Fujiwara would let Ai part from us.. don't worry... we'll go talk to her about it, okay? Ai is definitely not leaving... (Sakura hesitates then sits down again)
Sakura: (looks at Ai) promise you won't leave us?
Ai: (looks at Sakura and smiles) promise..
 

[Mukate Academy][9:12am]
Ryuu: so did you ask about her favorite stuff?
Tsuyoshi: she said she liked the color orange...
Ryuu: hmm.. it used to be white...
Tsuyoshi: and she likes beaches... rain... anything with water...
Kenji: you're lucky we had to meet a teacher at their school... if not, you wouldn't have been so interested...
Tsuyoshi: shut up...
Kenji: seriously.. you owe Ryuu a 'thanks'... if not for him, then you wouldn't have met Ai... (Tsuyoshi looks at Kenji with a confused face) both of them... (Tsuyoshi looks away)(teacher walks in)
teacher: good morning!!!
student: good morning, Watanabe-sensei!! (smiles at her)
teacher: good morning... (smiles) okay!! (starts lecturing)
Kenji: hey.. let's ditch class today...
Ryuu: now?
Kenji: of course... i don't feel like going to school today anyways...
Tsuyoshi: why not?
Kenji: well... first of all.. my parents just opened another branch, and they expect me to run it now... and my aunt's daughter, Hana, has turned of age not too long ago and they want me to get to know her... i already have someone i like.. they just can't expect me to like someone else...
Tsuyoshi: who?
Kenji: my parents...
Ryuu: no the girl you like...
Kenji: oh... uuhhhh... (laughs nervously) Suzuki Kyoko... from Yoku Academy...
Ryuu: ah!! the all girl school?
Kenji: yes.. she's so pretty and nice... she helped me collect my school work when i dropped it outside school five years ago.. but we haven't talked since then...
Tsuyoshi: does she know you like her?
Kenji: she doesn't even know me that well...
Tsuyoshi: do you have her number?
Kenji: yes...
Ryuu: is it correct?
Kenji: yeah.. i got it from one of her friends that i used to like.. but never liked me... and never knew...
Tsuyoshi: you must be bad luck.. all the girls you like either don't know you or don't like you...
Kenji: shut up... at least i find them myself...
Tsuyoshi: hey, what's that supposed to mean?
teacher: Kuraki-kun!! Takahashi-kun!! Kobayashi-kun!! you're sitting in the front row, and you still dare to talk in classroom? (all three guys start laughing and write down notes) thank you.. (smiles and goes back to chalk board)

[after school][3:29pm] 
Kenji: looks like we didn't get to ditch again...
Ryuu: you really , you know?
Tsuyoshi: we could've gotten away if your phone didn't ring...
Kenji: so what? Kyoko-chan called me.. and it wasn't my fault i have a corrupted phone...
Ryuu: your parents own a branching, successful company.. so the idea of you having a corrupted phone is almost impossible...
Kenji: whatever... (Ryuu and Tsuyoshi laugh)(three guys stand in front of them)
guy1: hey!! (points to them) Kuraki, Takahashi, Kobayashi... right? (they all nod) oh.. i see... not even good looking... (three guys(Guys 1,2,3) step up to their faces) hey... (waits for ten seconds)(kneels on the ground in front of Kenji, Tsuyoshi and Ryuu) please!!! teach us what you know!!
Kenji: (looks at Tsuyoshi and Ryuu confused) huh?
Tsuyoshi: what are you talking about?
Guy1: we heard Tsuyoshi-sama got a girlfriend yesterday...
Tsuyoshi: she's not my girlfriend...
Guy1: and Kobayashi-sama is about to get a girlfriend soon...
Kenji: (laughs nervously) soon but not yet....
Guy1: and Ryuu-sama always breaks up with his girlfriend....
Ryuu: is that so?
Guy1: yes!! (they all stand up again)(puts his hand on Tsuyoshi's shoulder) i admire all of your work!! someday, i'll learn from you... (looks at the two guys behind him) let's go!! (they leave)
Tsuyoshi: she's not even my girlfriend...
Kenji: she's gonna be my girlfriend...
Ryuu: i never had a girlfriend.. (Tsuyoshi and Kenji slowly turns and looks at Ryuu)(Ryuu looks back at them) what? that doesn't mean you can hook me up with anyone.. (walks off)
Tsuyoshi: unfair... (walks after Ryuu)
Kenji: unfair... yet at the same time--
Ryuu: (loudly but calmly) Kenji.... (Kenji doesn't say anything)

[outside Yuki-Haru Academy][3:42pm]
Ai: i really want to though!!
Sakura: nope.. because i think that we should just go swimming on Saturday...
Haru: yeah.. i think that since i was gone for such a long time, we should do something that i like too... right?
Ai: but you've done so much since you got back...
Haru: well Korea wasn't fun like how it is here...
Sakura: but you still had fun?
Haru: well yeah.. but not as much.. i didn't understand almost all the words.. and i didn't even know the place...
Ai: didn't they give you a map?
Haru: yeah but i can't read maps... so what would you expect?
Ai: for you to be able to read maps, since you were taking college classes...
Sakura: speaking of college classes, how come you came back to Japan and is still in highschool?
Haru: i went to Korea for second year.. and came back for third year because they were going too fast and i couldn't keep up.. so. yeah..
Sakura: i think you should've stayed...
Haru: why you don't want me back?
Ai: who would?
Haru: what? (Ai and Sakura laugh) how rude of you to say that, Ai!!
Tsuyoshi: (is in front of them behind the corner) Ai!! (Ai stops laughing and looks at Tsuyoshi)(Tsuyoshi smiles and waves)(Ai smiles and waves)

[they are all(6) walking to Tsuyoshi's house][4:03pm]
Ryuu: you remember?
Ai: yeah!! the little boy who always cried to me for help whenever he was bullied or was forgotten!!
Ryuu: wow.. i thought you forgot about that...
Ai: you were my best friend!!!
Tsuyoshi: (looks at Ryuu) i thought you said you were almost best friends...
Ryuu: (everyone looks at Ryuu) well.. girls must think four steps ahead of guys...
Haru: oh!! so you guys were four steps away from becoming best friends in the eyes of a guy?
Kenji: seems like it then, right, Ryuu?
Ai: it's okay.. girls just tend to be more open about things...
Tsuyoshi: would you be open to me?
Ai: (smiles and nods) of course...
Sakura: soo... (gasps) let's go bowling!!
Ai: bowling?! i love bowling!!
Ryuu: i remember!! your mom used to always take Kenji and us to the bowling alley and let us throw the bowling balls in front of them...
Kenji: oh yeah!!! i remember!! and i had a crush on your mom because she was so nice...
Ai: a little erted weren't you?
Tsuyoshi: well honestly, saying this from a guy's point of view, which guy isn't erted in some way?
Ai: that's true, too.. (looks at the time on her watch)(4:12pm) hey!! (stops walking and everyone stops walking) i have work!! i have to go to work!! (runs off the other direction)(turns around and waves) by Tsuyoshi!!! by guys!!! by girls!!! (continues running)
Sakura: she works now? i didn't even know and i was here the whole time...
Haru: how come i didn't hear of this...
Ryuu: where does she work?
Kenji: who knows? she ran off so quickly....
Tsuyoshi: let's go check... (Tsuyoshi leaves and everyone follows after him)

[Heian Cha][4:24pm]
Ai: (giving customers their teas) here is the traditional green tea.. black tea.. and thin herbal tea.... thank you... (stands up and is going into the back)(the door opens) (turns around) welcome!!! (looks at Tsuyoshi and the rest) huh?
Haru: (they are sitting down on mats at a table)*this tea house is supposed to be like the Heian period* can i have the thin green tea?
Ai: traditional or not?
Haru: what's the difference?
Ai: traditional isn't artificial.... in other words, we actually use the original idea and not the new...
Haru: uhh.. i never tried the traditional.. so maybe the traditional for a change...
Sakura: oh!! me too!!
Ryuu: i want the thin strawberry tea..
Kenji: i want the mango-lemon tea...
Ai: thin or original?
Kenji: what's the difference with thin and original?
Ai: um.. Thin is that the liquid is thin and easier to swallow.. and it has thinner oulps, if pulp are included.. the strawberry is included with pulp.. but it'll be thinner than the normal cuttings... and original is just the way it is.. the natural tea that is easy to swallow but not easier... and the pulp are just a teeny bit thicker...
Kenji: ohh.. mm.. i want the thin...
Ai: okay.. (looks at Tsuyoshi) Tsuyoshi?
Tsuyoshi: can i have a red tea?
Ai: thin?
Tsuyoshi: no.. i want it to be original... (Tsuyoshi smiles and Ai smiles back)
Ai: okay i'll be right out... (is about to leave)
Sakura: Ai!! (Ai looks at Sakura) we don't have to do the whole ceremony thing, right? (Ai shakes her head) good... oh!! and... i like your kimono...
Ai: (looks down at her kimono)(she is wearing a black kimono with bright red and white flowers) thank you.. (leaves to the back)

[after work][in front of Heian Cha][7:32pm]
Ai: (Ai leaves front door and sees them) huh? you guys didn't go home yet?
Sakura: course not... why else would we be standing here for?
Ai: did you guys ever leave the area?
Haru: yeah... we went to go eat some salad.. it tasted really good...
Ai: oh, without me huh? (Ai and the girls start laughing) 
Tsuyoshi: Ai, i didn't eat yet either... just like you... (Ai stops laughing and looks at Tsuyoshi)(Ai smiles) would you rather go to Kawaii Sushi, or Age-Gyo?
Ai: mmm... any... (Tsuyoshi smiles and they both leave)
Sakura: ehh? they just left like that?
Ryuu: seems like Tsuyoshi alread likes her, then...
Kenji: how saddening.. that's what he did to Ai..
Haru: huh? did?