Even If You Leave Me

Beneath the Seoul-filled Sky

 

Junho turned his head to stare up at his hyung. He had his stage rage face on, which would probably not bode well for him in the end. Junho swallowed hard and smiled at him.

Any fear or anxiety that Junho might have had disappeared when Taecyeon’s mouth drew into a pout and he said, “I don’t wanna break up, Hanna.”

The girl beside him visibly brightened, but she maintained her cool exterior and said archly, “You can’t really decide that on your own, can you?”

“C’mon, I know you don’t want to break up either. You like me and my muscles too much!”

“Do not flatter yourself in front of me, thank you.”

“That’s not what you were saying last night,” he protested.

“I’m stuck in a terrible dream,” muttered Junho standing up. “I’m leaving.” They paid him no mind and continued on with their conversation. Taecyeon sat down next to her and started talking seriously.

“Hanna, I know you love me too much to just end everything like this.”

“Since when are we throwing the l-word around?” She returned in surprise. Her heart, however, was betraying her stony face. It was beating faster at his words.

“Since now. I love you, Hanna. Okay?”

“Y-you can’t say it first when we’re fighting, Taec. It like totally defeats the purpose of saying it, you know? You’re saying it to keep me not because you want to or because you mean it.”

Babo-ya, listen to me, I’ve been planning on saying it for awhile, but someone decides they're going to break-up with me and so this is the first real chance I’ve gotten.”

“You wanna die? I’m not an idiot.”

Taecyeon was staring intensely into her wide eyes. His hands were resting on her shoulders, gripping them gently. “Of course you’re an idiot, you’re my babo Hanna. And that’s how it’ll always be, okay? Because I’m in love with you and you know it.”

“No, oppa, you’re my babo Taec. Don’t get it messed up, please will think I’m stupid when we all know it’s you,” she said teasingly. Then she added shyly with a bright smile. “But, in all seriousness…I love you too.”

As the reigning king of overreactions, it wouldn’t have been in character for Taecyeon to calmly accept her admittance and kiss her. Nope, that wasn’t his style. Instead, he scooped her up from the ground, hugging her tightly to his chest bridal style.

“T-Taec, what are you doing?” She asked in a warning tone. He took off running towards the hotel, shouting at the top of his lungs.

“She loves me! Yoon Haneul L O V E LOVES Ok Taecyeon!! Sorry ladies, I’m taken!” He added the last part to the two elderly women who were walking towards the beach. They both were clapping happily at Taecyeon and Haneul commenting on what a handsome boy he was. Haneul, thankfully, did not embarrass easily and accepted her boyfriend as he was, which was crazy.

 

 

2PM, JYP, Haneul and Anna were all waiting outside the hotel for the arrival of Taecyeon and Producer Lim. It was midday and the sun was directly overhead. Haneul was fanning herself with her left hand while her right was twisting her thick hair into a temporary bun.

Aigo, it’s so hot,” she mumbled.

“You have too much hair, that’s why,” Anna replied airily. She had recently cut her hair into a cute shoulder-length style because she was tired of fixing it every morning. “Just chop it off,” she advised.

Haneul knew she made a point. Her life would be so much easier. Her hair was really getting too long to be manageable. Elbow-length hair was just a mess to deal with, especially in the summer.

“I probably should,” she answered with a yawn.

“Oh, there’s the car!” Wooyoung called out, pointing to a sleek black vehicle that was slowing to a stop. Nichkhun stared at his cell phone mournfully before pocketing it.

“Who is even coming? Do you all know?”

“Yeah, it’s Producer Lim,” Chansung answered right away. Junsu nudged him in the stomach and the maknae groaned.

Chincha? Does that mean that…?” Nichkhun didn’t answer and rushed over the now parked car. He opened the backdoor and let out a strangled cry of “Eun Hee-ah!” A girl answered in turn with a cheerful, “Khun-oppa!” Out of the car stepped a girl with dark wavy hair, dressed simply in a denim shorts and a yellow T-shirt. She threw her arms around Nichkhun’s neck happily, which he returned.

Haneul’s jaw dropped open and she looked over at Anna, who was not furious. Nope, instead, she was smiling happily. Eh? What was going on? Haneul scratched her head and frowned. So they weren’t dating then? But then who is this girl?

The two disentangled themselves and walked over to the crowd. JYP went to talk to Producer Lim, leaving the younger people. Haneul, though interested in this girl was also very interested to know where her boyfriend was. Her curiosity was fulfilled when he hauled himself out of the car and bounded over to her like an overgrown child.

“Hanna!! I’m back!” He scooped her up into a tight hug, kissing her multiple times on her cheek.

Aigo, they were only separated for two days. You’d think it was a year…” Junho mumbled distastefully at the pair. Taecyeon let out a sigh and placed Haneul back on the ground.

“Hannah?” The girl, Eun Hee, called out in English. Haneul turned to face the girl and gasped.

“Emily?! What are you doing here?”

“I’m full Korean. I have every right to be here. What are you doing here?”

“Hey! I’m half, so I have half a right to be here,” she shot back.

2PM and Anna all exchanged confounded looks at the new names.

“You know Eun Hee?” Taecyeon asked, pointing towards the new girl. Haneul nodded her head vehemently.

“Yes, we had classes together last year! Oh, it’s so great to see you!” Haneul rushed over to her old friend and hugged her tightly. Eun Hee, not one to show affection, eagerly returned the embrace with an awkward smile. She patted her friend’s back haltingly causing Haneul to laugh as she backed away. “I haven’t seen you since January! How have you been?”

“Pretty normal. But how about you? I heard what happened. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it. Are you back in Korea to visit or are you moving back here?”

“I moved back. Are you just visiting? Oh, you have to decide your citizenship soon, don’t you?”

Haneul nodded and then smiled widely. “Wait…how did you meet 2PM?”

“I told you my father was a producer in Korean. Well, he mostly works on music shows and other idol-related activities.”

“Really? Wow.”

“And you? I mean, the chance of a foreigner meeting 2PM…let alone dating…oh ! You’re Taecyeon’s girlfriend, aren’t you? I’m so sorry.” Eun Hee bowed solemnly to Haneul, causing the others to laugh.

Wae? Taecyeon-oppa’s really great. Though…I can understand what you mean,” she said seriously, tossing a wink back at Taec. “But…I auditioned for their music video and got the part and then my mom showed up and next thing you know I hear JYP’s my uncle through marriage and then there’s a movie…et cetera.”

“Through your mother’s side, hmm? Wow…”

“And you said you’d never subject anyone you know to dating me,” Taecyeon said accusingly.

Omo, I think Hannah is the only person I would since I know how weird she is.”

“Ya!!” Haneul protested, lightly pushing Eunhee, who merely grinned. Nichkhun cleared his throat, his lips set in an easy smile.

“Eun Hee-ah, shall I show you to your room?” he offered, already holding her travel bag in one hand. She nodded enthusiastically.

“Thank you, Khun-oppa. That’d be great.” She bowed to Haneul and Taecyeon and then waved to the others. To Anna, she flashed a strange look before grabbing Khun’s outstretched hand and following him inside.

Oppa,” Haneul said thoughtfully with a frown. “So, Nichkhun-oppa has been dating Emily this whole time?...”

At her use of oppa, every 2PM member nodded to her question though they all knew it was meant for Taecyeon.

“Yep, it’s a long, sort of messy story. As long as G.O. is far away from here and f(x) doesn’t show up, things should go smoothly,” Junsu stated. Junho nodded in agreement. Wooyoung shuddered in memory.

“Those two have such jealous tempers though they don’t seem like it.”

“Unlike us, Hanna. We have trust in our relationship,” Taecyeon stated proudly, slinging an arm around her shoulders.

Chansung snorted, rolling his eyes. “Junho-hyung told me you two broke up for like twenty minutes the other day. At least Eun Hee and hyung have stayed together the entire time.”

“Wanna die, oppa?” Haneul threatened.

“Not particularly.”

“That’s what I thought.” She turned to her boyfriend and asked if he needed help with his bags.

“Hanna, I’m the oppa and boyfriend, not to mention a beastly man, I’m sure I can handle carrying my two bags.”

She sneered at his answer and folded her arms across her chest. “Well then, I suppose you can walk yourself to your room.”

“Eh? O-oh wait, here you can carry this!” He said as he rummaged around in his carry-on bag and produces a small pink gift bag.

“What’s this?” Haneul asked, examining the bag from all sides.

“It’s obviously a present for you,” Junho answered before Taecyeon could.

Wae? You were only gone for two days…”

“It’s our one month anniversary, chagiya. Did you forget?”

“How can we have a one month anniversary when we don’t have a definite starting date to our relationship?”

“Seriously? Just accept his present. He doesn’t do it often,” Chansung urged her.

“Thank you, oppa. I'll open it when we get to your room.”

“That's not the only thing you'll be opening,” he replied with a greasy grin.

“Oh yes, please talk like that in front of her uncle,” JYP announced dryly. “What would her mother say?”

“She would probably call him virile,” Haneul answered honestly. To which JYP conceded and waved them off. The two said goodbye and wandered off into the hotel, hands entwined and laughing.