Nam Woohyun and Kim Myungsoo

Difficult Decisions(Alternative Title: Capturing the Heart of The Lonely Angel)

 

Author's Pov:
 
   "Hey", Woohyun greeted.
   So Eun didn't say anything and only stared at him without a word.
   He gestured for her to take the folded cloth in his hands and she did.
   "Thanks", she said before wiping her tears away.
   "Are you okay?", he worriedly asked her.
   "I'm fine", she smiled at him returning his handkerchief."I just remembered something out of nowhere".
   He nodded and pointed at the seat beside her."Is this seat taken?", he asked.
   So Eun shook her head and moved over so he could occupy it.
   "Thanks", he said taking it."So are you feeling okay now?".
   "Yeah", she sighed,"Thank you for saving me by the way".
   He flashed her a smile and nodded."No problem. I'm glad you're okay",
   So Eun nodded along and smiled back before a long silence came between them.
   .....
   .....
   "How's school so far?", he asked and So Eun smiled.
   "It's okay", she said,"It's sort of tiring when it comes to signing some autographs, but I kind of enjoyed it".
   Woohyun let out a chuckle."Just like her", he said.
   "Who?".
   "O-Oh! Nothing", he laughed,"You reminded me a lot of my bestfriend".
   "Really? What kind of person is she?".
   "Weeeell", he sighed,"She's pretty, she's like an angel, she's very patient no matter how tiring things are and your names are exactly the same. Min So Eun, that's it.".
   "I see", So Eun smiled,"So how's she doing?".
   "I dont know....", Woohyun mumbled and So Eun frowned.
   "Woohyun-ssi, are you okay?", she worriedly asked and Woohyun flashed her a smile.
   "I'm alright", he answered,"It's just that... I haven't seen her for so long and you reminded me a lot of her".
   "Oh... M-maybe I should go then?".
   So Eun was about to stand, but Woohyun gently pulled her back to her sit.
   "No", he let out,"I didn't mean it that way. I just missed her a lot, that's all".
   "I know how you feel", she told him and he looked at her confused.
   "You do?", he asked and she nodded.
   "I left my bestfriend years ago after a sudden announcement by my parents that we're moving here. I wasn't able to say goodbye to him. Now I just kept on wondering on how he's doing these days".
   No communication?".
   "Not a chance", she sighed,"I wasn't able to get his email at all. I couldn't contact him by phone 'cause my phone got snatched weeks after we arrived".
   "What's his name?".
   "The same as yours--- Nam Woohyun. Exactly the same. You reminded me a lot of him too, although have a lot of differences by 40%".
   "Oh really", he sighed and another silence ensued once more.
   So Eun didn't know what to say next. It was one awkward moment and it wasn't really so easy to think of a coversation at all.
   But fortunately, Woohyun's jacket came to mind and she snapped.
   "The jacket!", she thought out loud and Woohyun flinched from the sudden interruption of the silence.
   "The what?".
   "Your jackets with me", she told him.
   "Oh that", he laughed,"You seem cold yesterday so I had to let you borrow it for now".
So Eun smiled standing up."Wait here. I'll go get it", she said and bowed before running to some place else.
   "Wait--", Woohyun called, but he wasn't heard and he sighed shaking her head."And there goes another similarity between them. Damn, Woohyun. Get a grip!".
 
   So Eun actually ran to the ladies room to get out of her sweaty clothes. She pulled out her oversized white sweater and got it on. After that, she went out of the cubicle to fix her ponytail and to white3fv   the rest of her sweat away.
   She sighed."Better", she said feeling refreshed after washing her face with cold water and there she finally went out to actually bump into Woohyun again as she went by the corner.
   "Oh! Woohyun-ssi!", she let out surprised."What are you doing here?".
   "I was hungry so I decided to find a place to eat for now", he answered and she nodded observing him.
   He was wearing only a black wife beater and white skinny jeans.
   "Aren't you cold?", she asked and Woohyun shrugged.
   "A bit, but it's a lt's all good".
   But Woohyun was pale and So Eun can't help, but notice the fact that he's slightly trembling.
   "I should get your jacket", she said and bowed before walking past him to the side walk.
   "You're not taking a cab?", he asked.
   So Eun shook her head,"I'm walking. My apartment is not too far from here", she said.
   She turned around and Woohyun sighed.
   "I'm coming with you", he told her and caught up to her as So Eun stopped in her tracks.
   "No need!", she let out, "I can handle myself. Don't worry".
   "It's not safe to walk alone at a time like this. In morning's, such as 5-8am, it's okay, but when it comes to this time, a lot of people are wide awake and that includes the erts. A lot of Woolim High's students got into this kind of trouble before. Over 15 girl students became a victim of this already".
   "R-Really?!", So Eun asked out.
  "Fine", So Eun sighed,"You worry to much".
   "And that is why I'll have to accompany you".
   "As the Student Council President of Woolim High, I must do my responsibilities and one of it involves   this matter".
   "Arasso", So Eun nodded and so they started to walk.
 
Apartment....
 
   "We're here", So Eun told Woohyun as they stopped in front of the place."Do you want to come in? It's cold".
   "No thanks", he told her,"I can survive this coldness".
   "Okay then", So Eun bowed before stepping into the building.
   As she enters her apartment, she ran towards her room and grabs Woohyun's jacket. After checking if everything in her apartment's okay, she closed every lights and locked it.
   "Here you go", she said as she held it out to him.
   Woohyun smiled and took it from her."Thanks", he said and immediately put it on.
   "Nice talking to you", she bowed and there she walks away."See you in school".
   "Bye", he waved and so they went their separate ways."But where are you going?", he asked her.
   "I'm eating lunch"m she answerd,"No worries. I'm taking a cab for now".
   "Good to here", he nodded,"Gotta go too. I have things to attend to".
   "Annyeong".
 
 
Myungsoo's Pov:
 
   I'm asleep, I'm asleep. I'm in my peaceful state. Yeah, it was peaceful and very quiet. I wanted to stay like this the whole day.
   ....
   "KIM MYUNGSOO!", my dad growled.
   I quickly sat up from my bed. Dad's home just now? Hn. I really wish he never came back. I enjoyed my time without dad in the house yesterday.
   "GET OVER HERE!!!", he let out and I shot up from my bed to attempt on locking the door.
   *bang*
   He kicked the door open and I stepped back in fear. He's terrible. He smells of alcohol and he smells awfully filthy
   Hateful....
   "Stupid child....", he huffed,"I've been calling you for like ages".
   "I-I'm sorry--".
   He slapped me and I stayed silent.
   "D-dad--".
   "Don't call me that, boy! I only have one son. AND THAT'S YOUR OLDER BROTHER WHOM YOU KILLED!!!".
   And there he started to hit me. He punched me, he kicked me and even pulled my hair.
   "DAD! Agh! I didn't do it! I never did. DAD! STOP!".
   Nothing ever happened. Dad hits me everyday, but when he's drunk, it gets harder. He turns into a monster.
   "AAAAAAGH!", I yelled out.
   He's stepping on my neck. He's desperate to crush it and I can barely breathe.
   "HONEY, NO!", my mom shrieked as she ran in to help me. She tried prying him away from me, but he hit her right at the face and she fell to the ground.
   "You must die", he laughed out loud as he continued to crush my neck.
   Tears were coming out of my eyes and my cries got louder every minute.
   *bang*
   Mom hit him right on the head with my night light and he fell to the ground.
   Air rush into my lungs and it was almost that painful. I cough consecutively and closed my eyes tightly, trying to bare the pain.
   "Just so you know", my mom huffed,"YOU. You're the one who killed our Moonsoo. It's all because of your STUPID DRUG BUSINESS!".
   I wanted to stop her from yelling at dad, but I could barely move from the pain burning into my body. I opened my eyes and saw her kick him right at the stomach before pulling me into her arms.
   "You okay?", she asked me.
   I couldn't answer. I'm in pain. I buried my head to her shoulders and cried silently.
   Then I sensed father standing up. Before I could look, mom was slapped hard and she fell away from me.
   "YOU !", he yelled out,"How dare you hit me?!".
   "Y-you...", she started,"You're hurting our son!".
   "I don't care. He must be punished---". An evil grin made it's way to his lips."Or maybe I'll give you your punishment first".
   I knew the punishment and I didn't want her to be in pain. Dad's gonna hurt her badly again and I didn't want that. I crawled to mom and hugged her arms tightly.
   "A-appa--... Please don't hurt her. I'm begging you", I begged.
   Unfortunately. he ignored me and started to drag mom out of the room.
   "No!", I yelled out,"Let go of her!".
   "Let go you son of a !", he yelled out and kicked me. It was painful and I released my grip on her arms.
   "Myungsoo-ah!", she screamed and struggled away from appa's arms. She was going to run to me, but he carried her by the waist and dragged her to their room.
   "Umma...", I sniffed holding my hand out to her.
   Dad closed the door and locked it. I layed on the ground panting and hurting from the pain. 
It was silent at first until....
   "AGHHHHH! No please! NO!", she sreamed in pain.
   I could hear it clearly. I can hear dad hitting her and I can hear the bed hitting the wall.
   "Agh! N-no, please. IT HURTS!", she cried out.
  I covered my ears not wanting to hear it.
   "I'm sorry, mom... I'm so sorry.... Please forgive me", I cried,"I couldn't protect you".
   I kept crying and it's been going for so long now. It wasn't easy. I couldn't take it anymore!
   I forced myself to stand. I didn't want to hear it. I hated it! Quickly, I ran out of the house barefooted and ran as far as I could. As far as I could from that house of hell.
 
 
Author's Pov:
 
   So Eun just finished eating lunch right now. She enjoyed it a lot and now she had a full stomach.    Although, she ordered a bit too much and she had a lot of leftovers so she decided to bring it home.
   She's on her way home right now and she decided to walk. It's not that far really.
   She checked the time. It was a bit too early to head home for now. Maybe she should take a look around.
   She went here and there. She went to this places and that. Nothing ever side-tracked her.
   *sniffs*
   ....
   That is until now. As she passed by an alley, she started to here these cries. She turned to face it and    she could see a curled up figure leaning by the wall. A familiar figure...
   "Kim Myungsoo?", she asked herself.
   She can't help it. The familiar aura. Its gotta be him.
   Without hesitation, she approached the figure and stared at him.
   "Myungsoo-ssi", she called and the person flinched."Kim Myungsoo?".
   She slowly knelt down in front of him and looked at him carefully."It is you", she sighed.
   Even though, his head's buried in his arms, she could tell.
   "Are you okay?", she asked.
   He didn't answer and only held his head down.
   "What are you doing here?".
   ".....".
   "Why are you crying---".
   "Can you just leave me alone?!", he asked out at her without looking up.
   So Eun was startled. She fell back from shock and only stared at him. 
   "He's bare footed", she thought.
   So Eun immediately stood up."I'll be right back", she told him and quickly left for her apartment.
   She unlocked the door and ran to the stock room where unused things are hidden. She opened a black box and grabbed a clean pair of sneakers that actually belonged to her father.
   She planned on selling it to help her father get out of the loan sharks' hands, but maybe this could help Myungsoo for now.
   She quickly made her way out and locked the place up.
   He's still there when he arrives, but he was no longer crying.
   "Myungsoo-ssi?", she called and knelt down infront of him.
   "What are you doing here?", he asked her coldly hiding his face from her.
   She gently smile at him and placed the sneakers on the ground.
   "It's my dad's. Put it on. You'll need it".
   "I don't need your help", he hissed.
   "You have to", she softly told him."You'll get hurt of you don't".
   ".....".
   "Myungsoo-ssi?", she called, but he didn't reply.
   She slowly lifted her arms and held his head. He immediately slapped it away, but she didn't give up.    She gently held his head again and held it up for her to see his face.
   She frowned at the sight. There're scratches, bruises and red marks everywhere. Blood was dripping out of his mouth.
   "What happened to you?", she asked, but got no reply from Myungsoo who only stared at nothing in paticular.
   She placed her bag down and pulled out her emergency kit. She brings it everyday in case of injuries such as Myungsoo's.
   She pulled out a cotton ball and soaked it with alcohol. She gently placed it against his wound.
   Myungsoo quickly pulled away when he felt a sting.
   "Relax", So Eun told him."It'll get infected if we don't disinfect it".
   Again she placed it against Myungsoo's wounds and he tenses for awhile. So Eun noticed how tense he was so she blew on the wound to reduce the sting. Myungsoo softened and gulped. Slowly she looked up at So Eun and watched her treat him.
   "Why do you care so much?", he thought to her.
   "A-agh!", he hissed when So Eun started to wipe the deepest scratch on his neck.
   "Sorry", So Eun apologized.
   She started to treat every wound he has and bandaged the deep ones.
   "All done", she said giving him a smile."Who did this to you?".
   No answer and Myungsoo just looked away.
   "Sorry", she apologized as she arranged her stuff."Go put the sneaker on if you don't want to lose your feet".
   Myungsoo only sat there and did nothing. So Eun rolled her eyes and picked the sneakers up."Do you want me to put it on?", she asked.
   Myungsoo shot her a glare and took it away from her putting it on by himself.
   "Have you eaten?", she asked him.
   "Ani", he answered,"Why would you care?".
   "Is there a problem worrying about a friend?".
   "We're not friends for your information", he snorted.
   She shook her head and stood."You should eat. Go home. Your parents might be looking for you".
   "Why would I go to back to that house of hell", Myungsoo mumbled.
   "What?".
   "None of your business. I just don't want to go home for now".
   So Eun frowned in worry and sighed. Her eyes made its way to the packed leftovers her hands held. She breathed out for a while and placed it beside Myungsoo.
   "Here. You have to eat. I just ate so you can have it. See you on Monday", she told him before finally leaving him in peace.
   Myungsoo only stared at the food in front of her. Eat it or not? He didn't know.
   But after staring for a bit, he finally and takes it and stood from his place.
   "Thanks", he thought out to her.
__________________________________________________________
 
I'm sorry for not updating so soon
I'm a senior rightnow so I focus most of my time on studying
I'm trying my best on updating as much as possible right now
Please comment of you want
Subsribe too, okay?
Thank you