The Next Day

Difficult Decisions(Alternative Title: Capturing the Heart of The Lonely Angel)

 

   *beep beep beep* 
   So Eun's alarm clock rang at the time of 6am in the morning. She groaned and sat up, rubbing her eyes. She stopped it's alarm and sighed, not remembering much of what happened the last day.
   She looked around the room. A jacket was spotted hanging on her desk chair beside her bed. She curiously stared at it and stood to have a look. She lifted it from it's place and observed it. She turned it around to find a name printed at it's collar. --'Nam Woohyun'. 
   "I should thank him", she mumbled, remembering everything before taking a glance at her calendar on the table.
   Saturday. There ain't no classes this very day. She sighed shaking her head. She'll give it to him after two days, then.
   The time? 6am. Too early, but there she decides to have a walk by the park. She enters her bathroom and took a refreshing shower. She wasn't able to wash-up yesterday. After this, she searched her closet for an outfit.
   A white tank top, a black cardigan, and brown shorts. An outfit suit for walking or jogging. She nodded in satisfaction at how great her fashion sense is. She learned a lot from her mother who normally wanted to be a fashion designer.
   She brushed her straight brown hair and tied it into a neat ponytail. A bit of make-up wouldn't hurt too, right? Nah~ Too early for that and not that suitable for jogging. 
   "Oh, well".With a smile, she grabs a backpack and placed a water bottle , a towel and whatever stuff is needed inside. She left the room and checked her shoe rack for her hightops. 
   She can't find it.
   "Oh, I know!", she snapped. She placed her bag on the floor and ran to her terrace where she actually left it to dry after cleaning it.
   All set and there she leaves for the park not that far from her apartment. 6 blocks. She can handle it.
 
 
Park...
   She arrives and happily walks to a bench to take a seat. When the mansion wasn't sold yet, she used to take her jogs at her huge backyard.
   But looking around her, this is going to be fun. It would be better to jog at a place filled with smiling people.
   "Okay", she smiled. She zipped her bag open and got her white Beats headset on. Connecting it to her Ipod and playing a song, she is ready to go.
   ....
   *thump*
   "Ouch", she let out. She rubbed her head forehead and looked down to find a basketball bouncing below her.
 
 
 
Sungjong's Pov:
 
   Hey, great day, isn't it? Such a great day to do pranks or stuff, but I'm not in the mood for now.
   I'm here at the park right now. I'm waiting for my friends to arrive. We're playing basketball at 8. 
   Although I woke up too early, I know, but I just can't sleep anymore. And so I left Hoya hyung at home without a word and a little prank set up for him. Wait till he wakes up. I'm sure he'll feel furious at me when I arrive. I really don't care. I like seeing him that way, anyway.
   I arrived just an hour ago, but being the early bird that I was, it's my fault for coming early. I really have nothing much to do. SInce I've arrived, I just stood at one spot, waiting for the others to arrive, which will probably be in another hour.
   It's really boring and I ended up, playing with the basketball that I held in my hands.
   "Aish! Where are they?", I hissed as I attempted to shoot the ball to the net.
   A failure. It didn't even come close to the net. Aigoo....
   "Again", I thought and grabbed the ball. I ran towards the net and jumped to do a dunk, but only ended up making the ball hit my head."Maybe I'm still too bored to play".
   But it's true, right? It's much better to do things with other people.
   "Whatever", I shook my head plumping myself to the ground. I stared at the cloudy sky above me. It's really beautiful. The sky was like cotton candy. Heh. Reminds me a lot of my childhood days. I remember the days I spend with my parents at this very park.
   "How're my parents doing these days?", I wondered.
   Hearing myself, I shook my head and slapped myself."Why are are you missing them?! Snap out of it, Sungjong!".
   Why am I wondering about them? They're not fit to be my parents. They're terrible. 
   Why did I say so? They threw me out of the house!... Literally. My dad's really strong for a 40 year old. Yeesh --_--
   "Aish", I snorted. I sat up and fixed my ruffled hair. I stood and lifted the ball from the ground. Boredom strikes really. I despise it pretty much a lot.
   I grabbed my backpack. I wasn't able to eat my breakfast since I didn't bother to. I didn't care really, but I couldn't wait anymore. Maybe a bite of lemon cake would satisfy my boredom. There's a small cake stand just around the corner. I'm about to head there right now.
   .....
   "Ooh~ Looky here", I let out when I saw someone's face whom I really know. 
   I've only turned around and here I was granted something to do. Finally! Something to do so I can be released from this awful boring situation.
   And here I angled my arm towards her calculating the distance and the power needed for the throw. I'm planning to throw it at her, yes and I am SO excited to see her reaction.
   I held the ball up, waited for the right moment and threw the ball. I watched it carefully as it moved through the air landing exactly on her head.
   Bullseye! Yes! A perfect target. I watched her expression as she stared confused at the ball that hit her.
   "Hn. Staring only?", I smirked. 
   I approached her slowly and stood in front of her. She noticed and looked up and you should've seen her face. 
   It showed surprise, confusion and slight hatred. It was saying 'Oh please not now'. Hn. Funny enough to make my day.
 
 
So Eun's Pov:
 
   I stared at the ball confused. Seriously, it hit my head. It came out of nowhere. I was now going to look up, when a person stood in front of me.
   Those familiar shoes... Oh, please no.
   I looked up. Unfortunately, it's really whom I thought it was.
   "Good to see you here, Angel", Sungjong smirked and I felt my blood boil for a few seconds.
   "......".
   "What?", he asked,"Cat cut your tongue? Aw~ Speechless much?".
   Yes, speechless indeed, but I've been mentally tearing that smirk of his lips for a few seconds now.
   "Hey, Angel", he snapped by my ear.
   I sighed pulling his hand away from my face."I have a name, you know. It's So Eun. Min So Eun".
   "Nah~", he laughed,"I prefer calling you Angel".
   I chuckled zipping my bag closed."And your reason?".
   "Because I'm a devil who messes with the Angels".
   "Oh, really", I laughed,"Just so you know, the Angel Realm always wins over the Devil's Realm. Light always takes over the darkness and there is nothing you can do".
   He frowned that I wasn't showing a single sign of anger towards him."Angels are filled with bright and caring people. Devils barely care and have no mercy hurting people. Because of sympathy, Angel's easily lose".
   I raised a brow."Hah. Really? Even though, the Angels are sympathy-filled, they still have a power stronger than the darkness. Example is a dark room. When you turn on the lights, darkness is no longer there. Darkness is no longer present. Light has the power to cover it up".
   It was his turn to be speechless this time. He was struggling for a counter attack, but nothing came to mind.
   I smiled in success and lowered my headphones. I grabbed the ball and held it out to him."I believe that this is your ball that pruposely hit my head", I said and he took it from me.
   "Whatever", he said in gritted teeth before turning his back on me.
   "Yah", I called,"Thank you SO much for giving me the win". I stuck my tongue out at him.
   He smirked."I just gave you a chance. Next time you will fall continuously to losing and I'll be the victor".
   I smiled and stood from my place."See you later, Sungjong-ssi", I waved before walking away.
   Hah! Angel wins over Devil this time~
   "Hey", he called and I turned around.
   "Yes?".
   He approached me and held out his hand. He has a smile formed on his llips. I froze. This was actually the first time that I saw this kind of smile. I always happen to see his playful smirks only.
   "I think I found you as an interesting friend", he said,"I know I rarely do this, but I'm asking you to be my friend".
   "What? You serious? You asking me to be your friend? You're joking, right?".
   He smiled shaking his head."I'm sincere".
   "Your kidding".
   "No, I'm not", he hissed.
   "Arasso", I chuckled. I attempted to shake his hand, but unfortunately, it was a joke. He pulled his hands away from me and I frowned seeing the playful smirk that had replaced the bright one.
   "Hah! Like I said, I only gave you a chance. Yeah~ Devil wins over Angel. Bleh", he stuck his tongue out.
   Aish! I knew it. Annoying Devilish Troublemaker!!!
   "Ugh...huh", I let out stunned.
   "Got ya", he teased,"Bye bye, Angel~". He waved playfully at me and I frowned. The more her smirked at his success.
   "Whatever", I mumbled before turning my back at him and walking away.
   This guy is really something. I should look out and stay away from him if possible of I don't want to burst out in front of him. I swear, I had the urge to slap him a while ago. He really ruined the perfect day.
   "Oh, never mind", I shook my head before increasing my speed to a jog.
 
 
Minutes later....
 
   I'm puffed right now and I sat myself to the bench nearby."Aigoo", I breathed out,"Whoo!".
   I always felt good after jogs such as this. It relieves me from stress and other more. I actually got rid of my slight anger on Sungjong. Loved it.
   It was actually fun jogging here than how I used to in the mansion's backyard. I got to know a lot of people. I just met some people from SMEnt High. They're Amber, Sulli, Kystal along with some of their friends, Taemin, Jonghyun, Onew and Luhan. It's great knowing them since they're all so funny.
   I laughed more when it comes to Onew. He just kept on falling! Pwuhahaha! His friends called it the Onew Condition. He's really hilarious. I like him already.
   But I missed my mother too. It feels upseting that I wouldn't be able to taste her homemade smoothies anymore. Everytime when I finished my jogs, mom would always be their waiting for me with her freshly made smoothies. I missed it already.
   "Umma...", I sniffed a tear running down my cheek.
   .....
   "Here", a guy said.
   A handkerchief was hed out to me and I gasped. I looked up to find the person staring down at me in worry.
   "Oh, Woohyun-ssi...".
 
__________________________________________________________
 
Updated :)
Sorry for not updating for so long
Thank you for reading
Please comment and subsribe