School Goes On

Difficult Decisions(Alternative Title: Capturing the Heart of The Lonely Angel)

 

Previous Chapter:
 
   "You're such a Devil!", I yelled at him.
   He ignored me and was now about to reach out again when the school bells finally rang. I looked at my watch and looked at him.
   He had a smirk on his face."Hn. Thanks a lot", he said,"See you around, Angel...".   
   And there he left me with a somewhat ticked mood.
   "Angel?", I asked myself,"Huh?".
 
___________________________________________________
 
   I watched the figure in confusion as it walked further away into the hallways. I felt my head being filled with confusion. Okay, that was pretty... I don't know.... Troublesome.
   He was finally gone now and so I had no bother to have another thought to look at the area where he had disappeared.
   "Angel?", I asked myself again before finally shrugging the thought of the name off.
   It's only a few minutes left before math starts. It's time to go.
   So with a deep breathe, I held the door knob and turned it.
   Inside, another ruckus was shown and that was a fight. It was a fight between two groups of guys maybe. There were swearings, hits and blood. I was terrified and I didn't like the sight that I stood frozen at my spot.
   "Yah!", I let out looking at the scene.
   No response and the other students didn't even bother to stop it.
   I slammed the door shut."YAH!", I yelled out and all the attention was on me."Stop it".
   "Psh. WHO the heck are you?", one of the guys asked with a glare. It was a glare I didn't actually like."Leave us as we are", he said and I felt myself shrink in my spot.
   "I-If you don't want the teacher to give you detention, s-stop it", I let out afraid of them.
   These guys might be gangsters. They're terrifying.
   "Yeah, whatever", he rolled his eyes and was about to resume hurting a blonde guy in the middle.
   I felt myself fear more, but not because of the guy who seems to despise me, but the person who was outnumbered by 5 boys. Before I knew it, I threw my shoe right on his head.
   "Agh!", he yelped,"What in the world--".
   "Can we just stop all this?!", I asked them.
   He didn't say anything, but only picked up my shoe and approached me with his death glare in his eyes."You know",he started,"No one ever dared to hopped into my very own ways".
   "U-uhmm", I stuttered, "I'm sorry?".
   "Hmph", he let out,"Don't be".
   For the moment, I thought he was going to hit me. I closed my eyes and was getting ready on bracing myself.... But I felt nothing.
   I opened my eyes and he held my shoe out to me.
   "H-huh?", I let out and stared at him, shocked.
   He gave me a small smile and placed it in my hands."You're new here, aren't you?", he asked.
   I only nodded simply.
   He bowed to me and smiled."I'm so sorry for the rude act that you've seen. It must've scared you, huh?    My name's Jungwoon. These are my gang members and THAT boy over there is one person is our servant, who had actually defied us".
   "Servant?", I asked him and he nodded."I'm sorry, but I don't think that 'that' is a good thing to do".
   "Why exactly?", he asked and I shrugged at the question.
   "It's not nice", I told him and he laughed patting my shoulder.
   "Miss, that is how things go here and an advice... GET USED TO IT", he emphasized, making me frown.
I didn't know what to say and this was getting awfully akward. I was blushing again and I tried to hide it the best I can.
   "Good morning, class", the teacher greeted entering the room,"I'm your math teacher for this school year. My name is Jung Sedong and-- What happened here?", he asked, shocked from the scene in front."Minryu, why are you bruised and bloody? What happened to you?".
   "U-ugh...", Minryu started, but couldn't seem to let it out.
   "Jungwoon-ssi and his gang beat him up, sir", I said and he frowned turning to the five suspects of the incident.
   "Woo Jungwoon, Min Jihyeuk, Lee Hanryu, Kim Dongwon and Jung David!", he pointed at them one by one."DETENTION".
   And with that, the five boys glared at me and stepped out of the room followed by their teacher.

 
Minutes later... Author's Pov
 
   Mr. Jung finally arrived and greeted the class once more. He announced that there was a new student in Woolim High. Again, So Eun was asked to introduced herself resulting her to gain more fans once more. She felt akward all of a sudden and Mr. Jung felt like it would be a wrong decision if he placed her beside the wrong seatmate. After a while of searching for the right seatmate, he finally found the person and asked her to sit there beside him.
   With a shy bow, So Eun started towards her seat and took it.
   "Annyeonghaseyo", she greeted softly at the guy beside her. He happened to be asleep actually and she didn't bother him further.
   "Alright, so we will start our lessons right now..... KIM MYUNGSOO, I would like to asked you to pay attention to what I say, please", he let out and so the guy beside So Eun groaned and sat up straight to grumpily stare at his teacher.
   "What?", he hissed and Mr. Jung only ignored his glares. He picked up his notebook and looked at his class.
   "All better. Now let us start our lessons, shall we?", he asked and so he began writing the notes to be copied.
   "Uhmm... A-annyeonghaseyo", So Eun shyly greeted with a small smile, but it all disappeared as the face of her seatmate came clear to her."O-oh! It's you", she gasped,"Y-you're the ice ki-- THE GUY from the library, right?".
   "Yeah, yeah", he turned away,"I really don't care".
   "Sorry", she mumbled before pulling out her notebook and putting all her attention to Mr. Jung.
 
   The lesson's been going on since then and So Eun was actually catching up very well and had been reciting or solving problems with full concentration. Mr. Jung was very impressed actually and he described her as an outstanding student.
   "Thank you, sir", So Eun bowed before returning to her sit beside Myungsoo.
She can't help, but smile actually. The students in Woolim may actually be mostly dirty minds, but they are quite friendly actually.
   "Onto the next problem then", Mr. Jung said and he started to write the next problem on the board.
They've all reached the next number already and she was having no trouble with it, but the sight of Myungsoo struggling actually never slipped past her sight.
   Myungsoo's been having trouble solving the problem since the beginning. He kept scratching his head or doing other random stuff. She inched her head closer to his notebook, but didn't get to see his answers. 
   Why?
   Because he had not a single answer and she frowned at the sight,
   "Do you need any help?", she asked him and the troubled expression of Myungsoo shifted into an icy one.
   "No thank you", he told her and returned his gaze to his notebook.
   She shook her head and stared at him for a little more. The troubled expression was there again and she can't help, but have the urge to help him.
   Without warning, she grabbed his pencil and pulled his notebook for her to see."Don't try to act strong if you actually needed the help you can get", she told him before scanning the problems on it. 
   "This is easy", she told him,"You should've just listened carefully and tried not to sleep".
   He scoffed and stared at her in disbelief."You're terrible", he told her and she only pulled a scratch paper out and started to right the problems up. She begun explaining every problem one by one on what he had to do. She tried to explain the clearest she could do, but everytime she turned her head to look at Myungsoo, he was slowly drifting away to dreamland.
   "Yah", she nudged him,"Listen carefully, will you?".
   "I'm listening!", he answered back.
   "No you're not", she countered and he grunted hitting his very own head.
   "Let's continue", So Eun said and there they continued.
 
 
 
   "There", she sighed in relief,''It's easy. See?".
   Myungsoo had actually listened without any choice. So Eun would just nudge him in every minute of the   explanation to keep him awake.
   He ruffled his head and took his pencil back from her."Whatever", he said and started his seatwork.
   So Eun didn't need to hear his thank you and just watched him do the problem easily. 
   She smiled brightly as she kept an eye on his answers if they were right or wrong.
   "Yah", Myungsoo glared,"Stop looking. You're a huge distraction".
   She only chuckled lowly and turned back to her notebook and double checked it to make sure, her   answers are correct.
 
 
 
   Math's finally over and So Eun can't help, but smile at her own success at recieving her first A in Woolim High.
   Myungsoo had also recieved an A for having a perfect score in Math for the very first time. This had gotten him more attention from the girls which was the bad news for him.
   Lucky for a few of them in class, Mr. Jung had also asked them to ran out as fast as they can and all successfully hid from their fans.
 
 
   "Phew", So Eun smiled when she was hid perfectly from her fanboys.
   She and Myungsoo had actually left on separate ways during the chase, but she didn't care actually. She was so desperate to save herself from the boys and Myungsoo's icy stares.
   "That's a relief", Laura, her Korean-American friend huffed.
   "Yeah", So Eun huffed back.
   Laura was a popular girl whom she had bumped into during the chase. They've actually got to know each other while they were running. Laura's from Busan, but she grew up in New York with her family. She's just her age and had a great sense of fashion.
   "I have to go now", Laura said fixing her hair."I have PE right now".
   "Okay. I'm having Music Class", So Eun smiled passing Laura her bag."It's nice meeting you, by the way".
   "It's nice meeting you too. I take music too, but I'll have it tomorrow ", Laura bowed,"Let's see each other after class sessions?".
   "I'd love too", So Eun nodded and finally, both had left their separate ways."What a GREAT day", she sighed with a pinch of sarcasm."Not bad".
   She decided to take a short rest for a little while and after her breathing was finally normal, she stood up and rushed to her classroom.
   She ran too fast so she was too early for her class. Her classmates were still entering the room in groups and her other fans happened to notice her.
   "Hey, look!", she heard a guy point out."There she is! It's So Eun".
   By that only 3 short sentences, students came approaching So Eun asking for autographs. or her number. She was actually shocked of it and was all so exhausted after all was finished.
   "Wah~ So Eun-ssi, you're so pretty", one of the guys complemented,"Will you be my girlfriend?".
   "U-Uhmm", So Eun stuttered.
   "My girlfriend wouldn't mind for sure", he added which had made So Eun reject him more.
   "Uhmm. No thank you", she said with a small smile and headed off to her music class to be greeted by some of her other classmates.
    "Good morning", everyone greeted.
   So Eun bowed with a smile."Morning", she said and took a random seat which she had found vacant."Ugh... This seat is vacant, right?", she asked, but she had noticed that the attention was no longer at her.
   "Never mind", she mumbled before settling down and fiddling with her cellphone which is actually allowed in Woolim. A text was sent to her by her butler.
 
 
From: Butler Yoon
 
Miss So Eun, may I report to you that the mansion has been sold and that the money shall be sent to you tomorrow. As ordered, 20% shall be sent to you. How's school so far? If you need any help, call us, arasso?
 
 
 
   So Eun sighed after reading the text. She felt happy about the news and decided to text back.
 
 
To: Butler Yoon
 
Thank you so much for your concern, Butler Yoon. Thank you for your hard work. You may send the money to me tomorrow, but I changed my mind about the 20% that shall be passed onto me. Please send me 15% instead tomorrow and put the rest into my father's payment. No buts, please. Just do as ordered.
 
 
   Sent and So Eun waited for a reply. She expected the Butler to protest of her orders, but he really didn't. An immediately 'yes' was said.
 
 
From: Butler Yoon
 
Yes, Miss So Eun. I understand. 15% of the money shall be sent to you tomorrow morning.
 
 
   So Eun smiled in satisfaction of finally having her Butler to listen to her orders. She was about to finally thank him, when suddenly, her phone was yanked away from her.
   "Wha--Hey!", she let out. She turned to the person who had snatched it away from her."Give it--...   You?!", she asked at the person staring down at her.
   It was the trouble maker whom she had encountered from a while ago. He was tossing her phone in the air and catching it in his palm.
   "Be careful with that!", So Eun told him. She stood up and tried to take it away from him.
   "Why?", he asked,"Because your mommy might be mad at you? Oh, come on! You can buy another one anyways". With a smirk, he tossed it up once more, but this time, So Eun caught it.
   "I'm not in the mood for trouble", she sighed before taking her seat once more.
   "I've been calling you for a dozen times now", he rolled his eyes at her,"You don't even budge from that seat over there".
   "It's an empty seat for your information".
   "It's because the person who seats there hasn't arrived yet. Get off of my seat, will you?".
   "Oh, so this is your seat", she mumbled ashamed as she stood up."...Sorry".
   "Pfft. Yeah, whatever", he snorted before pushing her bag off the table and sitting his on his chair."Go find another seat", he shooed,"Goodbye, Angel".
So Eun didn't complain nor bad-mouthed him. She didn't bother to yell at all. She only knelt down to pick her things up, mumbling some stuff to herself as she did so.
   "Calm down, So Eun. Fighting back will just cause more problems", she would tell herself.
   "Aww~", Sungjong let out,"You're so cute that way. Maybe, you should stay there so I can enjoy the view". He let out a hateful laugh as he patted her head.
   So Eun felt herself tense up from his touch. She didn't react at all, though. All she did was stand up, and tried to find a seat.
   "Hey", she heard someone call,"Over here".
   She turned around to find a girl in the middle pointing at a seat beside her.
   "This seat is empty. Come on", she said.
   "Laura?!", So Eun gasped by the time she reached her."I thought you're having PE".
   "Oh", the girl laughed,"I'm not Laura. Laura's my twin sister. My name's Lara Lee. The school separated us since the both of us actually dress up with the same outfits everyday and look exactly alike".
   "Th-Then how will I be able to tell you guys apart?", So Eun asked her shocked.
   "By our voices", Lara smiled,"Laura has a deeper voice while I have a lighter one. I'm the older twin actually. Nice to meet you". Lara held out a hand to So Eun to shake.
   So Eun put up a smile and shook it.
Then  Lara's smile disappeared after the shake."I am so sorry about Sungjong's rude attitude".
   "Sungjong?", So Eun inquired.
   Lara glanced at Sungjong behind."That troublemaker over there", she gestured.
   "Oh... Him", So Eun sighed,"Don't worry. It's not a problem really".
   Lara eye-smiled and patted the seat beside her."That's good. Please seat down", she said.
   So Eun smiled back and took it."Thanks", she said.
   "So", Lara started,"You're this famous Angel that everyone was talking about".
   "Angel???".
   "Well, that's what a lot of students' been calling you. Haha. It's true though. You really look like an Angel and even act like one".
   "What do you mean?".
   "Your smile, your kindness, you don't even yell even at Lee Sungjong", Lara enumerated,"Usually people would snap instantly because of him. I can't even believe that he's a troublemaker. I used to have a crush on him, but it's all gone when I found out about his... so-called pranks and personaity".
   "You had a crush on HIM???".
   "Ugh... Yeah", Lara laughed awkwardly.
   "Whoa...", So Eun mumbled,"It must've been painful knowing that the guy you like is this kind of person".
   "VERY painful", Lara nodded,"I've actually been trying to go after him since I was in my first year of middle school. Poor Laura to suffer from exhaustion. I've actually forced her to go to the same school as I. She always listened to my orders".
   So Eun felt.... Confused. She didn't know what to say. 
   Just before she was able to talk their Music Teacher arrives with a bright smile on her face.
   "Morning, class~ How are you all doing?", their teacher Miss Lee Jinri greeted.
   "Fine as always, Ma'am", the class answered with the exception of Sungjong.
   "Sungjong, how are you doing?", she asked.
   Sungjong rolled his eyes and ignored her question.
   "Sungjong?".
   Sungjong smirked and stared playfuly at his teacher."Do I really have to answer that?", he asked.
   "Of course", Miss Lee nodded,"It's a sign of respect to a teacher and why wouldn't I want to know how you are doing? I'm your Aunt anyways and your mom wants to know how you're doing".
   "Psh! That still wants to know how I am? What the heck woman?", Sungjong snorted.
   "Lee Sungjong! She's your mother and I can't allow it that you are bad mouthing her!".
   "My mother?! Oh really, huh? What kind of mother throws away her child? She doesn't deserve being called that word".
   "Last warning, Sungjong! I'm going to give you detention", Miss Lee said, hitting her desk.
   Sungjong laughed and stood up from his seat to approach her."So what are you gonna do about it, hm? I don't care about being in detention. It doesn't matter anyways. Whatever you do, I will NEVER call her my mother EVER AGAIN".
   With a bang on his aunt's desk, Sungjong grabs his bag and went for the door.
 "Yah! Lee Sungjong, you get back over here!", she yelled,"You've been ditching class since the start of the Junior semester. Yah!".
*BANG*
The door was slammed shot by the 18 year old boy. Miss Lee was really frustrated that some of the students ran out of the room to take cover. According to some students, when Miss Lee is happy, she's really happy.
But when she's mad, she's really mad. It is one big hateful situation, but So Eun didn't bother to leave the room and only watch her throwing tantrums around the room.
"Is she going to be alright?", So Eun asked worriedly.
"She'll be okay", Lara answered,"She'll be in her normal state in a few minutes".
 
 
After a few minutes...
 
   Wrong, wrong, TOTALLY Wrong. Miss Lee is still onto her madness and she was beginning to scare more of her students.
   "How much longer exactly?", So Eun asked from under the table.
   "U-ugh... A few more minutes?", Lara guessed.
 
Another few more minutes....
   "You said a few minutes!", So Eun let out as she ran to one corner of the room.
   "I don't know what's going on! She would mostly stop in only a few minutes!".
   ....
   ....
   Turns out that Miss Lee has her monthly period that day and had been having mood swings since breakfast.
   Really troublesome, but luckily she had finally stopped and was back to her normal self after half an hour.
   And so they ended up having a free time instead as she takes a rest after the ruckus.
   Disadvantage is that they are late by 3 lessons already.
   Advantage is that So Eun had got to know more of her fans and made some friends.
   Everyone in the room actually had the same dream as her. They wanted to be an idol or at least a dancer. They've asked her to sing too, but she kindly denied since she was too shy to do so.
_________________________________________________________________
I am VERY sorry for not updating for so long
I'm in the Philippines right now so less internet
The next chapter shall be posted, maybe on friday or the day after that
Comments are appreciated
Thank you