Chapter 1-Starting A New Life

Difficult Decisions(Alternative Title: Capturing the Heart of The Lonely Angel)

 


So Eun's Pov:


   This is it. I'm done packing my stuff and am soon going to leave this mansion where I grew. I never thought that it would be this way. It isn't easy.


   I've always been in the care of my buttler and maids. I was always a pampered child because my parents worry so much about me. I was the only child. They worry so much even though it was a simple scratch.


   I don't know why, but I'm going to miss those days.

 

   "Mom, it's just a scratch. Don't worry!".

   "Dad, I'm not a child anymore!".

 

   Yeah, I always didn't like the pampering they gave me. Seriously, I'm not a child. I always wanted to get out of there care for once, but I don't think I would ever feel happy right now.


   Mom's dead and Dad's somewhere I don't know. The last time I saw him was during my birthday. The days after that, I never got the see him.


   I thought he was at work, but when I went there, he isn't. I asked EVERY employee about him.


   I had no idea till he finally called me. He's with the loan sharks and he wouldn't be back for who knows how long.


   We had a little talk for now and here I am, about to live my own life in an apartment of my own.
 

   "Miss So Eun", one of my maids knocked.


   I turned my glance away from the window to look at her.


   "The car's waiting. It's time to go", she told me and I nodded, giving her small smile.


   "Arasso", I said and she bowed before stepping out of the room with two of my bags in her hands.


   I sighed as a frown made it's way to my lips. I'm going to miss this place. I never thought I'd leave it.

 

   We've left the area minutes later and here we are now. I was staring at the not too tall building in front of me.


   "Welcome home, So Eun", Butler Yoon told me and I nodded making the 50th sigh escape my lips.


   "Yeah", I mumbled.


   He and my driver helped me with my stuff. No elevator and just stairs. They were worrying about me that I might trip and fall down.
You can say that this is my parent's influence.... Aigoo. I guess they got used to pampering me.


    Driver Kang is like a second mother to me while Butler Yoon is like my second father. They've been taking care of me since I was 7. They really worry about me like how my Mom and Dad did. I was like their own child.


   "Here we are", my butler said as he opened the door for me to enter."What do you think?".


   I looked around the place, observing everything inside. It felt so homey seeing it. The place is not so dark and not so light. It was just right.


   It may look simple, but after a little bit of adjustments it will all be fine.


   "It's feels homey", I told him with a small smile,"But i guess it wouldn't be that happy without Mom and Dad".


   Yup. I think it wouldn't be the same as before. I felt sad and lonely, thinking about it.


   I felt a comforting pat on my shoulder. I looked up and Driver Kang gave me a assuring smile."Don't worry. You'll do fine", she told me,"You can always call us".


   "Yeah. If you need any help we'll be at your service", the Butler replied.


   I gave them a small smile and nodded, stepping in further into the apartment. I approached a door which I assumed is my room. I opened it and was in awe at the sight of it.


   The room was filled with furnitures with the color of white, black and purple. I love it. I really do. Seeing those three colors brings back memories.


   Dad's favorite color is black. Mom's favorite is purple while I really adore the color of white.


   Everything is already arranged in the house and all I have to do now is unpack. I stepped out of my room and checked on other parts of the place.


   I went around finding the kitchen, the bathroom and a music room. Yes, I love music and I also love to read. I felt happy seeing my book collection in the mini library of the place, especially my mother's written novels.


   My mom's an aspiring writer and has been loved by readers over the age of 13 and above.


   So unfortunate that she died when she still has a lot of years to live. She died when I was 14. She's infamous, but she just had to die in a car accident planned by one of her haters.


   Remembering everything about her death made me feel down all of a sudden. I let out a sigh and went back to the two by the doorway.


   "What's going to happen to the two of you?", I asked them sitting myself on a black couch in the middle of the living room.


   "Your father requested me to take care of the company for now. I'll be the temporary owner till he returns", the butler answered.


   I turned my head to Driver Kang and she smiled."I'm going to make sure that the mansion is sold. Your father said that 50% of the money will go to you while 40% goes to the maids and the other staffs", she said.


   "And the rest?".


   "It will go to your father's payement to the loan sharks", he answered.


   "Give dad 30% instead. I'll take 20% of the money", I told them which they disagreed to do.


   "But it's your father's orders", my butler said.


   I shook my head."I can still get a job, anyways. Don't worry about me".


   "But--".


   "Please? You've been listening to my parents eversince. Don't you think it's time to just listen to me for at least this once?".
Both looked at each other and nodded."As you wish", they said.


   I sadly smiled at them and stood giving them a bow."You may take your leave. You both need a rest. I can handle things from here".


   "Arasso", they bowed back.


   Butler Yoon smiled too and searched his suit for something. He pulled out an envelope and held it out to me.


   "Your father left this to you", he told me.


   I took the white envelop from him and opened it. Inside reveals 1,000,000 won.


   "What the--", I let out,"This much?!".


   "Your father's really worried about you. You should accept it".


   I shook my head."No, I can't accept this". I pulled out 40,000 won and gave the envelope back to him."Add this to dad's debt. He needs the money more than I do".


   "Yes, Ma'am", he bowed and returned the envelope to his suit."We'll take our  leave now. We still have matters to attend to".


   I nodded and hugged the both of them."Thanks.Back at you".


   "Call us?", Driver Kang said and I nodded.


   The door gently closed and slowly, my frown came back. I'm not ready. I was never ready to live a life on my own.


   Plus, school's starting tomorrow. According to what my butler told me, the school I'm attending is a little low than my previous school. The students are different and not as disciplined as from where I came from.


   And they don't use any uniforms and only their own fashion style.


   Woolim High. That's the name of the school.


   I wonder how I'll do tomorrow....

 


Next Day....


    6am and that's when I woke up from my alarm clock ringing. I'm going to school this very day. Oh, how nervous I am to go there.


   But even though this is my case, I just had to go. It may be in the middle of the semester, but I still have to, right?


   I sighed under the covers and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I hopped off, made my bed and went for the shower. It's just like my daily routine in the mansion, but it was different in some ways.


   The maids would usually wake me up at this time. I get up without complaints and I would head for the shower  while they fix my bed.


   I was done getting ready in half an hour and I stepped out of my room in a white dress I picked. It was simple, but to add more detail, I attached a black bow to my hair and got my black shoes on. I may love the color white, but I wouldn't want to look like a ghost. That's only my opinion though.


   I didn't bother to eat my breakfast right now 'cause I seriously had no idea how to cook. It's early anyways and I always leave the house at 7.


   Right now, it's 6:35. It's not that bad to go to a cafe anyway, right? So it was settled and so I went out to find one to have my breakfast there.


   There was one only blocks away so I walked to that cafe and ordered myself a slice of chocolate cake and a glass of vanilla milkshake. Too unhealthy for breakfast, huh. No worries, I'll find healthier food soon.


   In a few minutes, I was done eating. I called for a waiter and a waiter with acceptable small eyes came.


   "May I help you?", he asked.


   I nodded."Yeah, uhmm. May I know how much I would pay?".
  

   "Uhmm. Sorry, but didn't you pay already the time you ordered?", he asked.


   "Ugh...No?".


   "Oh, okay. I understand. I'll be back with the receipt. One moment please", he said and I felt myself blush in embarassment.


   Why blush at a simple mistake? Exactly. It's been like this since I'm a little girl. I blush with one simple mistake. I don't know why, but it happens.


   "Here you go", he said placing the receipt on my table.


   I gave him a shy smile and paid for the food I ate."I'm so sorry", I apologized and he shook his head giving me a smile.


   "It's alright. People make mistakes anyway", he said and I nodded my head with a smile.


   "Are you from here?", he asked.


   "Aniyo. Usually I don't go to places like this", I told him.


   "Well that explains it", he smirked with made me blush more.


   I lowered my head in embarrasment while fiddling with the phone in my hand.


   "I'm Sunggyu by the way. Kim Sunggyu", he introduced holding his hand out."You?".


   "Min So Eun imnida", I answered shaking his hands.


   "You study in Woolim High?", he asked.


   "How did you know?".


   "Lucky guess. I was actually thinking it was Teen Top high 'cause you look more like one of their students".


   I tilted my head."Then why didn't you ask that?".


   "Who would go to Teen Top High without a uniform?", he asked and I laughed. He has a point.


   "You got a point", I let out,"Teen Top High used to be my school, but I just had to move to Woolim High".


   "Why?", he asked,"Woolim HIgh may be the rival school of Teen Top High, but I admit that Teen Top High is a greater and disciplined school".
  

   "Family problems", I told him and he softened.

  
   "Oh... Sorry about that", he apologized.

  
   "It's not your fault".

 
   He looked at his watch and turned to me with a smile."I have to go. I still have work to do", he said.
  

   I looked at my watch too and stood."I'll get going too. Nice meeting you, Sunggyu-ssi".
  

   "Yeah. Nice meeting you too", he smiled and I left.
  

   It was a nice day and Woolim High's not that far. I think I'm going to walk for now. It would be fun trying something new, right?
  

   Yeah, this is new. I would usually be taken to school by Driver Kang so I never actually tried walking.


   At least I'll know how it feels now.

 ____________________________________________

 

Comment and Subscribe