Shock!

It's Too Late

It’s Too Late .

ACT 5 .

 

“I want you to promise me something, Ryo-chan,” Yuuto suddenly spoke as he fixed his sitting position on the white bed while staring at Ryosuke with his weak eyes.

“What is it?” Ryosuke replied with his very firm smile as he went to sit besides him.

“If I were no longer here, I want you to take care of Reisya. Will you?” Yuuto said, giving his bestfriend a very serious look.  Ryosuke who heard this was pulled aback. His eyes wouldnt leave Yuuto even for a second.

“What do you mean you were no longer here? Of course you will be here. Always!” He finally said after keeping silent for awhile.

“Ryo-chan. Please, will you take care of her ?” He asked again. Ryosuke just stared into his eyes and he could see the strong determination in him. He then slowly exhaled his breathe as he tried to get some courage to answer him.

“Fine, I’ll take her from you,”  He then spoke, jokingly.

“NOT take her from me! Just take care of her for me! Stupid!” Yuuto replied as he chuckled weakly at Ryosuke’s joke.  Ryosuke smiled when he saw his best friend was finally laughing.

‘I will take care of her for you, Yuuto. Even if you dont ask me to, I will,’

......

“Ryo-chan ?” Chinen’s voice snapped him out of his world. Ryosuke who was still holding Reisya’s hand immediately turned around and saw Chinen and Keiri were already standing behind him, hlding a tray of food.

“Oh, Chii-chan, Kei-chan. You’re here,” He said, smiling weakly with his pale face. Chinen just smiled and walked towards him.

“Ryo-chan, here. Eat something. You havent eat anything since two days ago,” He said as he handed him the tray, but Ryosuke just shook his head as he smiled.

“No thanks. I dont feel like eating,” He replied as he then moved his sight towards Reisya again. He caressed her head gently as he slipped his fingers through her hair. Chinen looked at Keiri and sighed. He didnt know what else to say or to do. Keiri just gave him a sly smile and tapped his shoulder. She then took the tray from his hand and placed it on the side table.

“Ryo-chan. I know you don’t have the appetite to eat considering Reisya’s condition, but at least you should eat. So that you can gain more energy and give the best and most energetic smile for her when she regain back her consciousness. Right? And I bet you don’t want Reisya to see you smiling weakly like a sick person,” Keiri spoke as she walked to the other side of the bed, facing Ryosuke.

He just stared at Keiri and sighed. As after that, he then looked at Reisya who was still wearing a piece of cloth around her head, covering her eyes. He placed his hand on her head and curved a smile.

“You’re right, Kei-chan. I dont want Reisya to wake up and see me with my weak smile. I want her to smile when she sees my angelic smile,” He said , trying to be more cheerful. Chinen just smiled listening to him.

“Oi Oi, since when you have an angelic smile? I thought you have that devil smile on your face,” Chinen joked as he playfully smacked Ryosuke’s shoulder.

“What ? I’m such an angel and you said I’m a devil? Chii-chan, you’re such a mean guy! You devil!” Ryosuke joked too with a serious face. The three of them then looked at each other and finally burst into laughter.

“Is there any family member to Rokujou Reisya here?” Suddenly, the door was abruptly opened and a guy in wearing a white coat appeared, asking for Reisya’s family.

Their laughter then immediately stopped as their eyes went straight on him.
“We’re not her family member but we’re pretty close to her. Can I help you, doctor?” Ryosuke spoke, addressing the guy in white coat as a doctor. The doctor then nodded his head slightly.

“Fine. Then I need one of you to come with me right now to my office,” He said and quickly left, walking with such a great and cool way. The three of them just looked at each other after he left.

“Ryo-chan, you should go,” Chinen said, curving a smile as he pushed him a little bit. Ryosuke then just nodded his head and walked away, following the doctor’s pace as he was already far from there.

After a few minutes, they both then reached the office.

“Have a sit,” The doctor said as he gracefully sat on his seat, crossing his left leg on the other. He then took off his glasses and put it on the table. Ryosuke awkwardly sat in front of him as he felt uneasy with the doctor’s overly behaved.

“So what’s your name and who are you to Reisya?” He suddenly asked with a cold tone. Ryosuke just tilted his head with the sudden questions.

“Ehh ? Ohh. My name is Yamada Ryosuke. And I’m her best friend,” He finally replied.

The doctor then raised his eyebrow a little bit and smirked.

“Bestfriend huh ?” He chorused. Ryosuke started to get pissed off with his cocky attitude.

“Who are you actually?” He asked politely, trying to hold his temper.

“I’m Takaki Yuya. The doctor in charge for Reisya, a.k.a her very sweet and charming step brother,” He finally introduced himself. Ryosuke’s eyes widened as he couldnt believe what he just heard.

“Her step brother?” He echoed afterwards in shock.

“Yes, I’m her step brother. Have a problem with that?”

“Oh.. No, no. It’s just a shock. Im sorry,” ryosuke apologized.

“I have a question to ask you, Ryosuke-kun,” Yuya suddenly said with a more serious tone. Ryosuke gulped hi s salliva as he was nervous facing the really-cold Yuya.

“I want to know about Nakajima Yuuto’s whereabout. Do you have any idea of where is he right now?”

“Ehh?” Was the only word he was able to say when the sudden question struck his mind. Why is he looking for Yuuto? Whats the connection between Yuuto and him?

“Where is he?” Yuya repeated his question sternly when Ryosuke didnt answer him. Ryosuke then slightly shook his head as he spoke,

“I’m sorry. He was no longer here. He died three years ago,”

Upon hearing the news, he then laid his back at his chair, sighing weakly as he closed his eyes, trying to gain back his spirit. Ryosuke was curious so he asked,

“Why are you looking for Yuuto anyway?”

Still closing his eyes, he answered, “I need him. I need his help,”

“What do you mean you need help?”

Yuya then fixed his position as he sternly stared into Ryosuke’s eyes.

“I need him to tell Reisya about something. Something very important yet painful that me myself doesnt have the courage to tell her,"

Ryosuke gulped his salliva.

“What do you mean? What something? What is it about ? Does something happen to her ? Tell me!! She is not blind right?!” He asked continuously as he stood up and shook Yuya’s body roughly.

Seeing Ryosuke’s reaction, he knew that Ryosuke really love his sister. And upon seeing that passion, he knew that Ryosuke was the best person to help him tell reisya about that something. Yuya then slowly moved Ryosuke’s hands from his shoulder and forced him to sit.

“Ryosuke-kun, I need your help,”

......

“What took Ryosuke so long in the doctor’s office?” Chinen asked worriedly when he realized its already pass two hours since he left with the doctor. Keiri just shook her head while she placed the wet towel on reisya’s.

Just when Chinen was about to complain again, the door was suddenly opened. Then, slowly both of them saw Ryosuke entered the room with a blank face. He walked weakly, heading for the unconscious Reisya. After that, they saw the doctor standing and leaning to the door with a sorrow face. Chinen then looked at Ryosuke who was already sitting besides reisya, holding her hands very tightly. His face looked like he was about to cry.

“Ryo-chan, what’s wrong? What did the doctor say?” Chinen asked as he neared  Ryosuke. But Ryosuke just kept shaking his head . He couldnt say a word as he could feel the sadness in his heart caused him to be speechless. Keiri worriedly looked at him and then changed the pace, looking at the doctor. But the doctor just bowed his head, not wanting to say anything at all.

“Ryo-chan, tell us. What did the doctor said?!” Chinen started to raise his voice as he was starting to be annoyed when no answer was given. But Ryosuke, he was just too sad and too shock to answer. He kept shaking his head as tears streamed down his white cheek.

“Ryo-chan!” Chinen called, but nothing happen.

“Ryo-chan!” No answer.

“Ryosuke!!” Chinen shouted as he impatiently dashed forward, and forced Ryosuke to turn and faced him. But he was very shocked to see ryosuke was crying very badly. He then slowly let go of him and stepped backward.

“Ryosuke..” Keiri called as she started to cry too. Yuya then walked towards Ryosuke and touched his shoulder. Slowly, Ryosuke moved back to look at Reisya again when he felt a burning of courage was given to him from Yuya’s touch.

He quickly grabbed back her hands and hold on tight to them. Looking at the pale and weak Reisya, he felt more sorrow in his heart was blooming. He cried even louder as he abruptly moved his head and body, trying to stop the cries.

“Reisya.. Reisya.. Reisya...” He howled her name again and again as he kissed her hands several times.

“Reisya... Please! Open your eyes! Open your eyes again. Show me your smile.Please, smile again for me. I need you, Reisya.. I need you..Please, Reisya! Open your eyes!” He begged, breaking into cries as tears dropped down his cheeks even more. Yuya, Chinen and Keiri just cried, looking at how sad Ryosuke was.

“Ryosuke....?” Suddenly a very weak and sore voice called Ryosuke’s name. All four of them stopped crying as they moved their sights to the lying Reisya. Ryosuke lifted his head slowly and moved his sight towards her face. Then, slowly he could feel her fingers were moving in his hand.

“Reisya?” He called as after that, he saw a very weak smile was curved on that small face. Reisya, she was smiling!

“Ryosuke, is that you?” She asked as her hands flailed, trying to reach for him. Realizing about that, he quickly grabbed her hands and placed them on his face. Reisya’s fingers started to dance around, trying to recognize Ryosuke through the touch.

“Yes, it’s me. It’s Ryosuke..” He replied in his sobs, still surprised and speechless.

“Ryosuke. You’re here..” She then said and smiled even more. Ryosuke just nodded his head as tears dropped down even more and more.

“Hey, are you crying?” She asked when she heard the sobs.

“No, no. I’m not crying. Im just.. I’m just practicing my acting skills,” He gave an excuse as he immediately wiped off his tears and tried to stop sobbing. Reisya then grinned as she said,

“Ara, you’re lying..”

“I’m not!” He replied, and of course, still in his remaining sobs.

Reisya just chuckled weakly as she didnt have the strength to laugh while she tried to fix her lying position. Then, the others started to laugh too at the stupid excuse Ryosuke gave.

“What a lame excuse you gave, Ryosuke-kun,” Yuya teased. Ryosuke just pouted as he quickly wiped his remaining tears.

“Yuya-nii, is that you?” Reisya suddenly asked when she heard Yuya’s voice. Yuya quickled rushed and took Keiri’s seat as he caressed her hair gently.

“Yes, it’s Yuya-nii,” He claimed and smiled.

“I’m really happy Yuya-nii is back. I thought you’re still in New York,” She said with her weak voice.

“No, no. I came back as soon as I heard you’re admited to the hospital.” He replied. Reisya just smiled when she heard his answer. She was very happy that everyone she loved were all there besides her. Well, except for that only one person of course. The one she loved and dear the most. He wasnt here with her. He was somewhere else in this world, looking and praying for her.

While Reisya was in her world, trying to remind back all the happy memories she had back then, Ryosuke and Yuya looked at each other with a very worried expression. They kept mimicking some expressions, asking each other to open their mouths and tell her the truth. The painful truth.

‘You tell her!’ Yuya mouthed at Ryosuke as he widened his eyes while Ryosuke shook his head several times and mouthed ‘No, you tell her!’ Chinen and keiri just gave each others a stare as they were curious with both of them.

Yuya just widened his eyes more as he tried to threaten him. ‘you promised already!’ He mouthed again. Finally Ryosuke gave up and agreed to tell her.

“Reisya...” Ryosuke called. Reisya then turned her head around and curved a smile for him.

“Yes?” She said sweetly.

“I- I have something to tell you,” He spoke as he scratched his head. His heart was beating really fast and nearly skipped a beat. He was very nervous to say the truth out loud.

“Ouh really? What is it?” She asked, raising the eyebrow under her hair.

“Uhhh.. Ummmm . I- I want to tell you about, about your.. ummmm. Condition.  About your health..” He tried to restructure his sentences which was obviously a failure when he stuttered his words.

Chinen, Keiri and Yuya gulped their own salliva as they could feel the tension in Ryosuke as he tried to tell her about that ‘something’.

“Okay.. Then?” She asked. Ryosuke then opened his mouth , trying to let go of the words he have in mind but it was stuck inside his throat. He kept moving his lips, trying  to say it but failed. Yuya, Chinen and keiri followed Ryosuke’s behaviour when the three of them also opened their mouths, trying to say something even.

Ryosuke then exhaled his breathe as he  tried to calm himself from the nervousness. After that, he quickly forced himself to say them.

“You, You are----“ But before he could finish his words, Reisya quickly broke in.

“I’m blind, I know,”

---Silence---

As soon as Reisya finished her words, the room was filled with silence. Keiri looked at her with sympathy as she neared her and touched her shoulder.

“Rei-chan..”She called, trying to give her some strength. Reisya forced a smile and said,

“It’s okay. I knew it and I’m okay with that. I’m just blind. Not a big deal,” She seemed so suffering when she blurted out those words. Her face clearly told everyone that she was very sad and disappointed with her own self. But they didnt want to comment a thing about what she felt as they knew that will just disappoint her more.

Yuya then slowly moved besides Ryosuke and nudged him slightly. Ryosuke looked at Yuya with his pout as he didnt want to continue what he was trying to say just now but Yuya just widened his eyes, threatening him. Ryosuke sighed as he called Reisya.

“Hey, Reisya...”

Reisya turned to him and asked with her innocent look, “What?”

Seeing her innocent and sweet smile, Ryosuke shook his head and spoke, “Ohh. Nothing. I need to go to the toilet for awhile,”

Reisya just grinned and nodded as she allowed him to leave.  Ryosuke took a short glimpse at Yuya and looked away as after that, he left the room with guilt clearly written on his face. Chinen saw that look of him. He knew Ryosuke was trying to hide something very important. Unsatisfied, Chinen followed him from the back and grabbed his hand.

“Chii-chan!” Ryosuke was surprised to see him.

“Why are you here?” He asked after that with a smile, but looking at the serious face of cutie Chinen, he knew Chinen already figure out that he was hiding something.  

“Ryo-chan, you were hiding something from us,” Chinen said as he stared deep into Ryosuke’s eyes.  Ryosuke just looked away and kept silent as he promised Yuya to not tell anyone about the secret he had  before Reisya.

“Ryo-chan! Tell me! What are you hiding ?!” He half-shouted in anger  as he suddenly grabbed Ryosuke’s collar and dragged him to the wall. He may be small, but his strengh was way more than Ryosuke.

“Don’t just keep silent and look away! LOOK AT ME AND TELL ME WHATS GOING ON!” He shouted loudly as he tightened the grip. Ryosuke looked at him and bitted his lips.

“Chii-chan, I can’t tell you,” He said as he then pulled away the grips and rubbed his neck. Chinen shot him a sharp glare as he wasnt satisfied with his answer.

“Dont be so irresponsible and keep the secret to yourself! Tell us the truth! We deserve to know about it!” Chinen continued screaming. Anger had conquered himself  as the hot blood ran through his veins causing his face to turn very red. Ryosuke started to lose his temper when Chinen continuously screaming and accusing him for keeping the secret.

“DONT ACCUSE ME FOR THAT!” He warned Chinen as he could feel  he was losing himself more and more.  But Chinen was too mad and too angry that he stepped forward, nearing Ryosuke and provoked him even more.

“I DIDNT ACCUSE YOU BUT I WAS SAYING THE TRUTH! Who do you think you are?! Trying to keep everything to yourself! I AM REISYA’S BESTFRIEND TOO! I DESERVE TO KNOW!” He screamed as the empty hallway caused his last words to echo several times.

“I JUST CANT TELL YOU YET!” Ryosuke shrieked as he replied the screams. He looked at Chinen with his red and stern face as he tried to hold the anger inside him.

“Oh yeah? I dont care ! So tell me! NOW!”

Patience was not in his dictionary anymore when Ryosuke suddenly dashed forward and grabbed chinen in his strong hand, causing him to be pushed aback to the world. Their faces were very close. Close enough for each of them to feel each other’s anger.

.......

As soon as she heard the door was slammed close, Reisya immediately got up from her bed and tried to walk out of the room. She knew Ryosuke was hiding something from her and she need to know about it. Her heart wouldnt stop beating very fastly as curiosity engulfed her. She was very eager to know what was he trying to tell her.

“Rei-chan!” Keiri called in anxious when she saw she was trying to walk , stretching her hands out as she tried to grasp on something. Keiri and Yuya immediately rushed towards her and gave her some hand.

“Reisya, what are you doing? You need to lay down and rest,” Yuya advised as he tried to force her back into her bed, but Reisya quickly shook her head.

“I want to go to toilet,” She gave an excuse. Keiri and Yuya just looked at each other and agreed.

“Fine. We’ll bring you,” They both said. Knowing that she wasn’t use to be a blind person, reisya agreed to receive helps from the both of them. They then walked slowly out of the room as they guided Reisya towards the toilet. But before they could even reach the toilet, suddenly they heard a very loud shout not far from them.

“I DIDNT ACCUSE YOU BUT I WAS SAYING THE TRUTH! Who do you think you are?! Trying to keep everything to yourself! I AM REISYA’S BESTFRIEND TOO! I DESERVE TO KNOW!”

They all looked at each other in worries. “It’s Chinen voice,” Keiri claimed as she wrinkled her forehead. They then moved forward a little bit more so that they could see and listen to the conversation clearly.

“I JUST CANT TELL YOU YET!”

“Oh yeah? You know what? I dont care ! So tell me! NOW!”

“You want to know it so badly, didnt you?! FINE! I’ll tell you! Reisya is sick!! She is sick! She has cancerous tumors in her brain! She could only live less in a month! ONLY A MONTH! ARE YOU SATISFIED NOW?!” Ryosuke shouted very loudly as he couldnt control his temper anymore.

Reisya was pushed aback at those words. She was shocked and surprised with the latest news she heard.

“I-I have cancer ?”
......

.END OF ACT 5.

Heyya guysss x)) finally, i wrote this chapter! Hehe :D

Yes, as you guys seen, ANOTHER PROBLEM occured.

I’m sorry to be so dramatic in here.

But guess what, i’m also curious to know if she will live next. Haha x))

Enjoy reading!! :D