Surprise

It's Too Late

ACT 3.

THREE YEARS LATER.

“Ahh. Finally, I’m back to this place,” Reisya mumbled as she breathed in the fresh air outside the airport. She looked around the place a moment and she could feel the nostalgic air embracing her mind.

“This place didn’t change at all,” She said after that. She then smiled widely as she hopped on a taxi there. After two hours in the taxi, she finally reached her first destination. The place she hated so much but yet she missed to go there since forever.

“Ayukawa High School. Finally I’m here after three years,” She spoke with a smile as she dragged her baggage towards the school compound. She shot a glance at every spot there and realized that most of the school had changed. The uniform was different and the field was more greenly than before. She then started to walk around the school and headed for her former class. She saw many new faces in there. Well, that’s just normal because time passed by really fast. They were no more a high school student. After peeking and watching for a while, she decided to head for another spot. But before she could even move a step, suddenly she heard a voice coming from her back.

“Reisya? Rei, Rei-chan right?”

She turned around and was completely shocked to see the people in front of her. She couldn’t speak even a word. She was too surprised to see the one she loved standing right there.

“Chii-chan. Kei-chan.” She finally blurted those two names after a while being speechless.

“AHHH ! It’s really you! Rei-chan! We miss you so much ~!” They both shouted happily as they rushed towards her and gave her a group hug. She replied the hug tightly as tears slowly dropped down her cheeks.

“We never thought we could meet again, Rei-chan ~~!” Chinen said cutely as he wiped his tears and pulled away. Keiri just nodded in agreement as she held her hand tightly.

“Yeah, me too,” She replied in sob.

“What are you doing here?” Keiri then asked as she was curious of the reason why she was there.

“It’s nothing. I’m just back from London today so I was thinking about visiting these nostalgic places. What are you guys doing here? Taking your certificates or something?” Reisya answered as she walked together with them.

“Eh? No. We’re not. We just came by to see some of our former teachers to invite them to our reunion tonight. Oh, you are coming too right?” Chinen asked. Reisya turned to both of them with a wrinkled forehead.

“What reunion?” She asked then.

“Hey, we sent you an invitation letter you know!” Chinen spoke while pouting cutely. Reisya saw his cute pout and chuckled.

“You will go right?” Keiri tried to convince her to go. She just smiled as she suddenly saw the hallway. The hallway which gave her the bitter moment of her life. At that instant, Yuuto’s face suddenly appeared in her mind. His smile, his laugh , his smirk. All of those suddenly popped out, causing her heart to twitch.

“Rei-chan?” Both Chinen and Keiri called worriedly.

“Oh. I’m sorry. Well, I guess I should go right?” She then agreed although her heart was hesitant at first. She knew she shouldn’t come. She knew the fact that she couldn’t face Yuuto anymore. She just didnt have that guts or courage to see him. She was afraid that he might already forget about her existence. She was scared if he hated him for all the faults she did.

“Yeayyy ! You’ll come ! We’ll wait for you tonight!” Chinen said as he then dragged Keiri with him, heading for home. She just waved goodbye at them both and curved a bitter smile.

She wondered what would happen that night. Was she going to be hurt again? Was she going to be embarrassed again? No one knew and no one would ever thought of any possibilities. Because world was just sometimes too cruel to the unlucky people. She was afraid if she would be one of those people. The unlucky one.

-----

8.00 p.m.

Truutt truutt.

Reisya’s phone rang loudly , asking to be picked up. Reisya immediately rushed from the toilet, suffering to walk because of the dress and her high heels. She finally able to reach the phone and instantly pushed the green button.

“Yes?” She greeted the other line.

“REI-CHAN! Where are you?!” She heard Keiri’s voice shouted very loudly. She put away the cell phone as a reflex action as she was shocked with the sudden shout.

“Kei-chan! Don’t shout! Or I’ll be dead!” She blabbered as she put a cute pout.

“What do you mean by don’t shout?! Don’t you realize the time now?! The event is already starting!” She said in a high tone.

“Ehh? Wait a minute,” She replied and moved her sight towards the wall clock. 8.03 p.m.

“OH MY GOODNESS! Its already pass eight! Ill be there shortly! Wait for me , Kei-chan! I’m sorry!” She shouted after that and quickly hang up the phone. She then grabbed her handbag and locked the door as she headed towards the hotel.

“Geez. I’m late and its all because of this stupid dress Chinen and Keiri gave. They both knew I hate dresses,” She complained while she was in the taxi.

------

Leon Hotel.

“Kei-chan, where is she?” Chinen asked worriedly as he pulled Keiri to near him. Keiri just shook her head and grinned. “Oh well. As usual. She is late,” She replied, smiling.

Chinen just sighed and giggled afterwards.

“It’s Reisya we’re talking about after all,” He spoke after that.

After that, Chinen suddenly spotted someone familiar near the main entrance. He narrowed his eyes and tried to recognize that person, and

“AHH! Ryo-chan!” He blurted loudly in excitement as he ran towards him. Keiri rushed as she tried to follow him.

“Ryo-chan !!” Chinen called again as he hopped on Ryosuke’s back, hugging tightly from behind. Ryosuke who wasn’t aware of this lost his balance and DUMMM! They both fell on the floor.

“That’s hurt! Oii, Chii-chan! Don’t do that! It’s dangerous!” Ryosuke spoke as he rubbed his back while Chinen just grinned cutely, trying to look innocent.

“What’s with the puppy eyes? It’s not working !” He added after that , trying to look serious and angry. But no one could resist that cute attack from Chinen. Ryosuk finally smiled and giggled as he tapped Chinen’s hair.

“Okay, I lost.” He surrendered as he stood up and corrected his tie. He moved his sight towards Keiri as he smiled. “Yo, Kei-chan.” He greeted then.

Keiri replied his smile and nodded.

“Hey, I heard you have been joining some entertainment thing-y. Is that true?” Chinen finally asked after he dragged both Ryosuke and Keiri towards a round big table near there.

“Ohh. Yes, I’ve joined Johnny’s Entertainment last two years. Well, I’m still a junior though,” He answered. He kept smiling and smiling when he saw these two buddies in front of him. How he missed them both so much. How could he not miss them when these two were the only one who had been accompanying him when he faced that hard time. Yes, the time that he wouldn’t ever forget even for a minute. His face suddenly turned bitter when his mind reminded about that bitter moment. His smile faded and his laugh gotten slower. Keiri and Chinen realized that and they both knew he was remembering that moment. Knowing that, both of them immediately tried to catch his attention.

“Hey, Ryo-chan! We have a surprise for you today. I’m sure you’ll be surprised,” They spoke as well as grinning, trying to be mysterious and sneaky.

“What’s with the grin ? And what surprise?” He asked in weird after chuckling for a while. Chinen just smiled and said,

“It wont be a surprise if I tell you, Ryo-chan!”

“Sou sou! You will be really shocked and surprised!!” Keiri added in excitement.

“Oh really? What if I don’t?” Ryosuke tried to mock both of them.

“I’m sure you will ! If you don’t, I’ll be sure to be your cute butler for a month! Oh wait, not a cute butler, but a HOT butler. Hee :D” Chinen proudly spoke as he punched his chest slightly. Ryosuke raised his eyebrow and grinned.

“Oh,really? That sounds cool! Fine, let’s see after this!” He said, accepting the challenge.

“Hey wait a minute! What if you DID shock and surprised?” Keiri asked, trying to trick the stupid Ryosuke.

“I’ll do whatever you ask me to do then,” He replied, not thinking at all.

“Okay! The challenge is ………” Before Keiri and Chinen was able to declare their ‘war’, suddenly a really sweet yet loud voice interrupted them after a BAMMMMM sound was heard.

“BAMMMM!!” The door opened with a loud sound.

“I’m sorry. I am really really sorry for being late!!!!” Reisya shouted very loudly, causing everyone in that ballroom to concentrate on her and turned silent. Realizing the silence in the ballroom, Reisya instantly looked around her and was stunned to see everyone was looking at her. Her pale face suddenly turned red because of embarrassment. Ryosuke just stared at her with his wide eyes, unbelieving what he saw at that moment.

“Rei-chan!! You finally arrived! You’re late!” Chinen blabbered as he went to get her at the entrance. After that, he turned around and faced everyone.

“Guys, I present you all , Rokujou Reisya!” He announced proudly. “Oi, Chii-chan!” Reisya pouted as she could feel every pair of eyes were focusing on her.

“Oh My GOD! Rei-chan ! You’re back from London!” Suddenly they all came and gathered around her. She just stared at them , feeling weird of their sudden friendly manner but thinking that its already three years since that moment, she curved the sweetest smile ever and nodded.

“Yeah. I’m just back this morning,” She replied. Everyone kept asking stuffs at her and laughed and hugged each other. She had been busy to reply all the questions and hugs, but a sudden call caused that busy-ness of her instantly stopped.

“Reisya…” Ryosuke called as he slowly walked, dragging himself towards her. Reisya turned around to see him coming towards her. Her eyes widened as she turned speechless. She couldn’t believe she was meeting Yuuto’s very best friend that night.

“Ryosuke…” She muttered as she nervously stepped backward. Everyone turned silent, watching the awkward moment between them. Reisya suddenly shook her head as tears started to form at the edge of her eyes. She suddenly turned around and tried to run.

“REISYA!!” He shouted loudly while grabbing her wrist tightly, never wanting her to leave again.

“Reisya, you’re here. In front of me.. Why would you run away?” He asked, didn’t let go of her hand. Reisya didn’t turn around yet she just shook her head and struggled to escape. She didn’t want to see him. She could feel the guilt blooming inside her heart.

“Reisya, please. Don’t leave…” He begged as he suddenly hugged her from behind. Reisya was shocked. She was stunned with his sudden action. It’s very slight but she could feel the trembling hands around her chest. Yes, Ryosuke was trembling. Slowly and very firmly, she placed her hands on his.

“Tsk, tsk,” She heard his cries over her shoulder. Listening to his childish cry really twitched her heart. She pulled away Ryosuke’s arms around her and turned around. She then stared at his face and wiped away his tears. She couldn’t bear to see him crying. She felt like the world was trying to burden her with the feeling of guilt.

“Ryo-chan..” Chinen called , feeling sympathy for him. He knew the burden he carried over this three years. He knew how hard it was for him to wait until this day come. But all he could do was sympathized him. He could do nothing else.

“It’s been a long time after we met, right Ryosuke?” She started the conversation. He looked at her and forced a smile.

“Yeahh. Three years , if I’m not mistaken.” He replied.

“You’ve changed a lot,” she added then.

“You did too,”

“Oh I didn’t change at all. My height never increased,” She said, trying to joke around. Ryosuke could just chuckle weakly.

“Well, you’re a shorty after all,” He said then.

“Hey! That’s mean you know! Back there you were also a shorty compared to Yuut------“ Her sentences suddenly stopped before she could finished mentioning Yuuto’s name. She just bowed her head , not being brave enough to stare deep inside Ryosuke’s eyes. She knew she shouldn’t be mentioning that name at all. The situation suddenly turned awkward again. No one tried to break the silence between them. Not even Ryosuke. Nervous with the silence, she decided to break the silence herself.

“Are you alone? Where is Yuuto? I thought you were always together?” She asked the most stupid question ever. Chinen and Keiri just looked at each other weirdly. The others were cornered because of this question. Ryosuke just calmly smiling bitterly. Realizing the over-silence at that moment, she stared at every people in there in weird while she raised her eyebrow. Why was everyone acting like that? Did I said something wrong? She thought.

“I guess you didn’t know at all,” Ryosuke broke the silence. Reisya stared at him, gulping her own saliva.

“Know what ?” She asked.

“About Yuuto,” He added, hesitant to tell her the truth. Her heart suddenly beat very fast. Sweats were already forming on her forehead. She suddenly felt nervous to hear the news she was about to know.

“What? Tell me. I wanna know,” She said, forcing him to tell her as she grabbed his shoulder and shook his body. Ryosuke stared deep into her eyes and saw the light of hope and curiosity in them. He felt guilt was conquering his heart. He moved his sight from her as he bowed down.

“Ryosuke!!” She urged him when she got no respond.

“I’m sorry, Reisya. But Yuuto died three years ago. Right a week after you left,”

***

The End of ACT 3.

Im sorry guys. I thought I could finish this short story today but I guess not ?
Im tired already.

ENJOY. 