Our Inside Joke

Our Inside Joke

Sitting at the airport, Sehun finds it hard to contain the pain he is feeling. For two years he has known Luhan. For two years they have never spent more than a day without each other.

 

And for two years, Sehun has loved Luhan, as Luhan has loved Oh Sehun.

 

Luhan’s arm is draped carefully around Sehun’s trembling shoulder, his fingertips hanging loosely over Sehun’s skin. Every now and then, Luhan lets his fingers drag sleepily across Sehun’s arm, leaving a trail of goose bumps in its wake.

 

“Hunnie,” Luhan sniffles, “what will I do without you?”

 

Not being one to answer when he is down, Sehun just shrugs and thinks solemnly, ‘How am I supposed to know, when I don’t know how I’ll cope with our separation myself?’

 

They both spend their last moments in each others arms, wallowing in pity and heartbreak, and completely isolated from the rest of EXO. What would he do without his Hannie? Really, what was a Hun without a Han?

 

Half, Sehun thought, answering his own question, a Hun without a Han is just half a person.

 

Though Sehun cares for his fellow EXO members, he knows that none of them would ever fill the place in his heart Luhan lives. He knows that over the past 2 years he had spent with Luhan, he had freely given a very important half of himself up to his hyung - the half that cares, that cries, that expresses true emotions.

 

The half that was left in Sehun was sleepy-eyed, non-talkative, and just plain shy. Too shy to converse with other EXO members, and too shy to look fans in the eye when they complimented him or mentioned that dreadful word, SeKai.

 

Now his playful half was going to be here while he was there, and he knew that he would feel so empty in himself. Sehun would just have to brace himself for his future without Luhan. He would have to hold back emotions at fan signings and interviews, and just grit his teeth and smile at the mention of EXO M or his dear Lulu.

 

“I will see you soon, won’t I, hyung?” Sehun whimpers, “You will call me everyday, and I will call you, and every single moment you are free, we will video chat, won’t we?”

 

Luhan’s swollen red eyes meet Sehun’s tear-stained ones, and he nods.

 

“Yes, my dongsaeng, every night I will sing you to sleep if it makes you happy.”

 

Smoothing down Sehun’s hair with his clammy hand, Luhan nuzzles into Sehun’s scalp, like he had done so many times before.

 

“Please remember that what I do with other members in interviews is purely for fan service. I would never, never leave you,” Luhan’s voice breaks, and fresh tears rolls down his doll-like face, “—and, my Sehun, just remember that every time I smile, it’s for you, and just you.”

 

At that, Sehun pulls Luhan close to his body and cries, staining Luhan’s shirt with a large patch of tears, tears shed for his hyung.

 

“Don’t worry,” Luhan whispers in between his strangled cries, “when I laugh, it will be my pain for you, my mourning for you. Oh Sehun, it will be our joke, our sick, inside joke.”

 

 

Ahh, thanks so much to everyone who commented and subscribed to this story and my other story! -Oh, especially to aznmusiklife because guuurl, I see yo comments ;) lol   sorry, I know this story was oh-so amateur compared to that of basically every one else on this site im not even being humble because they are amazing *.* and very short, and.. I don’t know where I was going with that bubble tea thing because why the heck would SM promote bubble tea? oh, and i think i overdid it with the italic words for emphasis. Lmao, anyway, im rabbling, but THANKS! I love you guys ^.^