1 month before debut

Our Inside Joke

Thank you sooo much to everyone who read, subscribed and commented on my last story! You guys have no idea how much I appreciate it :D so I know my last fic was taoris, but my biggest otp right now is hunhan, so.. I tried writing that :) hope you guys like it! (also, idk if this should be in my foreword, or.. lmao..) please comment! I’ll update soon

 

 

“Bubble tea? Really?

 

Luhan snorts on his half-eaten dumpling, and falls on the floor, rolling like a buffalo in his daze.

 

“Sehun—“he gasps in between laughs, “Sehun, do you agree with this?! I—“

 

Again, the boy falls on the concrete floor beneath them, his laughs making his small frame tremble. Sehun, who is usually patient with Luhan, is quickly becoming frustrated. Luhan couldn’t be acting like this in front of SM’s manager. He was being so unprofessional.

 

“Kamsamida,” Sehun speaks through gritted teeth. He bows, apologising for Luhan’s behaviour, “Luhan-hyung will do as you say.”

 

He has to.

 

The manager glances at Luhan (still rolling on the floor) and bows, taking a step to the door. Sehun feels a tug in his heart as the manager leaves. He hopes Luhan’s behaviour wouldn’t cause his career to end before they had even debuted.

 

“Hyung, get up. What is it with the word ‘bubble tea’ that would make you laugh so hard, make you be so disrespectful in front of the manager?”

 

Sehun eyes Luhan, who is trying very hard to compose himself again – and failing.

 

“Sehun-ah,” Luhan speaks, as a stray tear escapes his eye, “That manager is nothing but trouble. He knows my parents own a bubble tea shop. He's trying to get me to feel homesick and leave so that his grandson can take my place in EXO. I know he is!”

 

Oh.

 

“..Aren't you sad about it? Hyung, what are you laughing for?”

 

Luhan stops laughing suddenly, and rises to his feet, his eyes now troubled. He stares at Sehun, somewhat surprised.

 

“Sehun, I thought you knew me well enough to know that laughing is how I deal with pain. At my great-grandma’s funeral I... I thought I told you that story. Don’t you remember? I couldn’t stop laughing and so my mum kicked me out of the house for a week.”

 

Sehun his head to the side and his lips, feeling uncomfortable talking death.

 

“I remember, hyung,” Sehun starts, searching his brain for that story, because he really doesn’t remember, “I didn’t know this is what would happen, though. You should have contained your feelings. It was unprofessional.”

 

Sehun lowers his face. He wasn’t really worried about what the manager thought of them. He was worried about his hyung getting kicked out of EXO.

 

“Really? I thought I did quite well,” Luhan pouted and looked at the ground absent-mindedly, “I could have cried.”

 

Never, Sehun thinks quietly, I never want to see you cry.

 

“You know, if you’re that worried about professionalism, I could go talk to the manager. I could apologise. I’ll try not to be like that in front of him again, okay?”

 

Sehun, happy that his hyung is taking him seriously for once, links Luhan’s arm in his own.

 

“Come, hyung, I’ll buy you green-tea ice cream – your favourite.”