1 week before debut

Our Inside Joke

 

Guys, I just realised something. In my first chapter, I wrote everything in past tense, but in my second chapter everything is in present tense -.- I might go back and unnecessarily rewrite the whole chapter lol Again, thank you soo much for comments and subs on both of my stories! I really appreciate every single one of you! :) oh, and this chapter is basically just fluff

 

Sehun stares at Luhan, mentally taking a picture of his cheekbones, his eyes, the puffs beneath them, and his soft lips. Though both members had been given today to rest from their training, they had decided to go out together, happy that were finally given the chance to see each other.

 

“Hannie is so beautiful,” Sehun whispers, gazing sleepily at Luhan’s lips as they on the straw of his bubble tea, “I could watch you forever, Lulu~”

 

Luhan takes an earbud out of his ear and lowers his music, whispering in reply:

 

“I heard that.”

 

Sehun blushes a deep red and his lips, smiling softly. They were sitting at ‘Kim’s Boba”, a popular Bubble Tea parlour Sehun had accidentally found on his way to the supermarket. Luhan, who had still been sad about EXO’s manager pressuring him to add a ‘cute-and-spontaneous bubble tea’ story into their future interviews, was finally coming around.

 

It’s for fan service,their manager had said, and the head of SM requested it. He’s advertising Lipton’s new Bubble Tea range for a large sum of money.

 

“Sehun, I’m going to miss you,” Luhan says suddenly, interrupting Sehun’s train of thought, “I know I haven’t said so lately, but I am. More than you know..”

 

Luhan lays his hand on Sehun’s thigh, rubbing it with a little too much pressure.

 

“When I go back to China, I want you to know that if I ever become close to any other member of EXO M, it’s just for fan service. You know I would never leave you for anyone.”

 

Sehun pouts, sad that fan service would have to continue on while he was away in Korea. Their manager had already assigned ‘ships’ for EXO members, and Sehun thought of Luhan rubbing his hand lovingly on Minseok’s thigh. The thought was enough to make his heart squeeze dangerously in his chest, because Luhan was his. The thigh rubbing was a special bonding habit Luhan had with Sehun, not Minseok.

 

“Hunnie?” Luhan imitates Sehun’s expression, puffing his cheeks out and pouting, “You remember how I told you I laugh when I’m sad, right?”

 

Sehun nods slowly, his taro milk tea churning in his stomach uncomfortably. Of course Sehun remembered. Every word that came out of Luhan’s mouth the month before debut, Sehun would remember. Time with Luhan was just so limited.

 

“Well, every time I laugh in an interview, or smile for a photo, that’s me missing you.”

 

Sehun nods, hoping Luhan can’t see the tears forming in the corner of his eye.

 

I will miss you too, Luhan, and anything I have with Kai doesn’t compare to this, doesn’t compare to us, Sehun thinks, knowing that if he says it out loud, his voice will break.

 

“Hunnie? .. Hunnie,” Luhan strains, reaching for Sehun’s face, “my baby dongsaeng, please don’t cry.”

 

Luhan pulls Sehun ever closer to his body, rubbing his button nose into Sehun’s honey hair. He wanted to remember Sehun like this, loving and never forgetting him.

 

“Hyung, what happens after this? After...I can’t see you?” Sehun stutters, trying to pronounce his broken words properly, “we’re debuting in a week, and there’s nothing I can do to stop our separation, and you’re leaving for so long, and.. and--“

 

Sehun breaks, crying shamelessly into Luhan’s ‘I am awesome’ shirt. He latches onto Luhan’s torso, trying to close the small gap between them.

 

Maybe if he and Luhan quit SM, they could run away together, elope. Luhan meant more to Sehun than EXO, than creating music, or dancing, or singing. Though it was selfish, Sehun would break EXO, just so he could get to his hyung. Just so he could live with his Lulu.

 

“I love you, Oh Sehun. I will truly miss you when I have to leave..”