3 weeks before debut

Our Inside Joke

The days to EXO’s debut pass too quickly for Luhan’s liking. He spends everyday training with EXO M, dancing, learning choreography, getting it just right for fans.

 

Every morning, Luhan and Sehun wake up at the sound of Kris’ alarm clock (although, Luhan admits the sound it emits is too soft for him to wake up at first). They both trudge sleepily over to a thick 12 month calendar and cross off a day. April 9 is faintly circled in red, and angry letters above it read “Practice, EXO!”

 

A couple more weeks with Luhannie-hyung, Sehun thinks sadly, watching as Luhan gets ready for rehearsals.

 

After both members are ready, they proceed to separate dance rooms, similar in appearance. Both dance studios have a sliding door covered in a vinyl picture of clouds in a blue sky. Once the music starts in EXO K’s dance room, Sehun works to the beat of the music, hitting every choreographed move with swift and precise movements.

 

Every once in a while, members of EXO K sneak into EXO M’s dance studio, trying desperately to catch a flaw, any  flaw, so that they might have a chance to talk to their hyungs and dongsaengs again.

 

“Tao-ah,” Baekhyun coos, “I think you sleeve has been rolled up too high. Pull it down a little.”

 

Tao nods, understanding. He smiles at Baekhyun and continues dancing, pulling the sleeve of his leather jacket down slightly.

 

Though EXO K members standing beside Baekhyun give him a weird look, Sehun sees Baekhyun’s strategy and tries to do the same, hoping for a chance to have Luhan pay attention to him.

 

“Luhan! Hyung! You’re.. you’re not in line with the other members. Move over a little.”

 

The stare that Luhan gives Sehun sends shivers his spine, making him yearn for Luhan. Sehun, grabbing at the chance to see hyung again, shouts:

 

“Lulu~ your fly is undone. Come over here; let me fix it for you.”

 

At that, the choreographer pauses the playing track, History, and it almost seems like Tao has stopped time. Everyone is silent, staring at Sehun.

 

“Umm,” D.O. mumbles, his eyes big and round like an owl’s, “maybe we should leave. I think the choreographer is starting to get annoyed.”

 

“Come on,” Suho snickers, “Sehun wants to fix Luhan’s fly. Let him.”

 

Sehun’s cheeks turn hot and red at those words, and he slinks carefully away behind Chanyeol’s tall frame. Luhan, who is just as red as Sehun, looks down at his baggy pants and zips up his fly, stuttering an embarrassed “Kamsaminda, dongsaeng.”

 

Your welcome, hyung, Sehun thinks, too embarrassed to say it aloud.

 

The choreographer claps thrice and orders EXO M to get into their History positions. He subtly shoos EXO K away.

 

As Sehun walks to EXO K’s dance studio, he feels his heart tug sadly along in his body, sad at the distance his feet are creating between him and Luhan.

 

Just a few more weeks with Lulu.