Seoul High

My Seoulmates

Madisson's POV:

 

“Madisson, Michael, please come down now. It’s time for dinner.”

 

Ugh. What time is it already? I looked at my watch and it’s still 5:00 in the afternoon.

 

“It’s still 5:00!” I shouted. But my mom doesn’t respond. “Mom?” I started walking around my room now.

 

“Mom where are you?”

 

Then I heard a loud screech near my bed that forced me to cover my ears. Then a voice said:“Madisson, Michael, if you’re not down yet in five minutes, I’m not giving your new cellphones”

 

I followed it and a speaker was attached to a side table. Ahh…Now I know why.

 

I came down as fast as I could and saw Michael babbling about his room loudly.

“And then…and then the shower was Iron Man’s hand. And it also has a light! The closet was so huge that life size statues of the avengers stood there.” Blah, blah, blah.

 

“Now we are COMPLETE!” my dad said. “Let us head to the dining area.”

 

“But dad, won’t you tour us around the house first, please?” Michael pleaded.

 

“I’m afraid, you have to do it for yourselves, son.” He replied. “Let’s move people! Chop, chop!” Like father, like son.

 

The dining room was big enough to fill a party of thirty people, the table can accommodate ten people, three butlers/waiters to serve us, and there are seven dishes to choose from. Ahh…numbers.

 

“Let us eat! Sit down everybody – except you George – and that also means to you Roger – and Robert.” Dad said, annoyed with the waiters.

 

We all took our seats and the waiters start serving us with the first course a.k.a. ‘salad’.

 

“Salad?! I don’t eat greens!” my brother said as he pushed away his plate.

 

“Don’t like greens? Eat the purple one.” I said jokingly. Le trolling my brother – activate.

“Haha. Very funny.” He replied with a scowl.

 

My mom said, “You should eat your veggies, Michael. You’re not a five year old anymore. You need to eat to get some manly muscles – “

 

“ – and girls.” Dad added.

 

Mom glared at him. The glare that forced him to take back what he said.

 

“Ok fine. Fine. Eat your veggies to make you more handsome.” Mom shot a glare at dad again.

 

 “So you’ll be attractive and not to mention, smarter just like me!” and another glare.

 

“Ok fine. Fine.”

 

“I was just joking, honey.” My said while trying to hide a smile.

 

“Oh. I know, honey.” Then they kissed each other.

 

“Ugh! You make me sick more than veggies did.” My brother told them.

 

“Ok fine. Eat your veggies, Michael.” Dad reminded him.

 

“Umm…sure. Here goes nothing!” he took a spoonful of veggies, ate them, chewed them, gulped them, and finally his face. PRICELESS. He took another. Then another. And another. And another. And finally he’s finished.

 

“Ahh…can’t breathe while eating veggies!” he told us.

 

“That’s because you’re pinching your nose, dummy!” I told him the fact.

 

“I pinched my nose so I can’t taste anything!” he scolded back.

 

“That’s my point!” I told him.

 

“But why - ?”

 

“Enough. Now the main course –“ he clapped and the waiters appeared to put food in our plates.” – thank you. I will be giving you both your new cellphones. It’s an Iphone 4s so please be careful with it. Especially you, Michael.” He turned to him. “And here is it!” Madisson this is for you.” Handing me my new cellphone. “And this one’s for you, Michael.”

 

“What’s the color?” asked Michael.

 

“Yours is black while Maddie’s is white.” Dad answered. He continued, “I’ll be giving your school uniforms today too as both of you will be going to school tomorrow.”

 

 

“WHAT?!” Michael and I shouted in unison.

 

“You’ll be going to school tomorrow – no more buts.” He said as he looked at Michael’s shocked expression. ”Your bags are already prepared. It’s in the living room just outside of this room. The uniforms are just beside it so after you finish eating your dinner, you may get it already. Your mother and I also informed the school that you’ll be starting tomorrow. You’ll wake up at 5:00. School starts at 7:00. Don’t be late. All the things needed for school are finished. Just arranged yourselves. Your black shoes are in the walking closet. And you’ll go to school tomorrow in a limousine.”

 

 “WHAT?!”

 

“Don’t ‘what’ us young lady and mister.” Dad said, now the cheerfulness in his mood had faded away. “That’s all for discussion. Let us return to eating”

 

*After dinner*

 

“Let’s go get our things!” I told Michael while I jog towards the living room. I got my things and escaped into my room.

 

I hanged the school uniforms in the cabinet; I got my black shoes, double-checked my bag, and prepared the things for school. I rushed to take a bath and jumped into the bed where I instantly fell asleep.

 

*First Day of School (for us)*

 

The chef (or was it mom) cooked us bacon and eggs for breakfast with a glass of hot chocolate. A good start for the terror day. Dad joined us in eating breakfast since it’s his first day at work. Same breakfast for him and a freshly brewed coffee instead of hot chocolate.

 

I quickly ate my breakfast and rushed upstairs to take a bath. I took an unusual five minute bath because half an hour bath is the usual for me. I nearly slipped as I hurried to the cabinet to get dressed in my new school uniform of whatever school we’re going to. The uniform seems comfortable enough until I wear the short skirt. I don’t like wearing skirt or anything short. I’d rather wear pants all the time than wear a skirt. Because as friends often describe me, I’m not a girly girl neither am I a boyish looking girl.  I just don’t like skirts! But I have no choice but to wear it.

 

I slid open to the pink room or what I call now the “Make Up Room”, dried my hair with the blower, picked a beige ribbon, fixed my hair and choose a light lip balm to wear in school.

 

I got my backpack, wore my black shoes and hurried outside the door. I passed by Michael leaving his room. He looked at me curiously and said, “You look hot. I mean…pretty.”

 

What?! He called me hot and pretty?! That’s the most unexpected thing that Michael had ever told me. I’ve never been told by anyone that I looked hot or pretty. It’s just weird and uncomfortable with me. Other girls might giggle or blush or do something stupid when someone told them they’re hot or pretty. But seriously, me, PRETTY?! Me, HOT?!

 

“What did you eat, Michael? It’s the first time I heard you telling me that I’m pretty, not that I don’t like it. But it’s weird when it’s coming from you.” I told him still full of shock.

 

“Yeah. I know. How about me? What do I look?” he asked.

 

“You look…like an ELF! Fix your collar and hair like this” I smoothened his collar and made a hairstyle out of his messy hair. “And there! You look like the boy Tom Riddle now! Just make sure don’t flatten your nose!” I said while snickering. I left before he figured out who Tom Riddle is. But he does look like Tom Riddle in his teens. He should be attractive for his first impression. Because first impressions last!

 

“Wait! Who’s Tom Riddle?” I saw him walking towards the stairs thinking. Then I started to rush when he changed his expression.

 

“Maddie! You!!!” he shouted. I started heading to the limousine.

 

I was the first one then Michael came running towards the limo. He’s full of sweat and he’s not in school yet. That was fast.

 

“So how are you?” the driver asked.

 

“Uhh…fine?” I told him in behalf of us.

 

“Ok. Well I’m Bob. James Bob. I’m going to be your family driver and I’ll be driving you to school every day.” He told us. It reminds me of James Bond.

 

“Ok. I’m – “

 

“I already know your names.”

 

“Oh. Ok.”

 

“So sit back and enjoy the ride” he said.

 

*After 10 minutes of driving*

 

“Here we are! Your new school, SEOUL HIGH!” he said with enthusiasm.

 

“Se-yul High eh?” my brother said.

 

“It’s pronounced as ‘SOUL’, dummy! How many times do I have to tell you that!” I scolded him.

 

“Ok fine. Let’s go now, we might be late.” He told me.

 

“I’ll pick you up at 5:00!” shouted Bob.

 

We entered the school with all eyes on us. Even those who are getting their stuffs in their lockers stopped to take a peek. Are we celebrities or is it just we’re different?

 

I cannot resist to ask my brother a question, “Is my skirt to high?”

 

“No. Is my shorts too low?”

 

“No. But why are they staring at us then?” I asked.

 

“I don’t know” he replied.

 

We walked in silence due to those pairs of eyes looking at us. We reached the door labeled “Student Information”. We went in there and still eyes are focused on us. We approached a faculty staff in her desk.

 

“Annyeong haseo! Welcome to Seoul High! Are you the Lee kids?” she asked. We nodded.

 

“Ahh…I see. I’ll both of you to your rooms. And here – “she handed us a folder    “ – is your schedule and school guides. And I’m Mrs. Woo.” She shook our hands.

 

“Kindly follow me.” She told us.

 

We exited the Student Information faculty and realized that the classes had already started.

 

“Madisson first then you, Michael.” She said.

 

We turned into a corner then climbed the stairs. We then turned a left and walked straight ahead. Then she stopped outside a classroom labeled “III – Class A”

 

“Well, Madisson here you are!” she told me. She knocked on the door and the teacher got it. They converse in Korean so my brother and I really don’t understand them. The she finally said, “Enjoy your classes!” Then they went away.

 

I stepped in the classroom wondering what they will do to me. Laugh at me? Maybe. Tease me? Maybe. Do something horrible? No. Well then, here goes nothing.

 

“Good Morning Ms. Lee. Please introduce yourself to the class” said the sir with a high voice. The thing that I call – Gay.

 

“Kamsahamnida! My name is – “ the students burst in laughter and I was like “What did I do wrong? It’s the one in wikianswers told us.” I stood there thinking what to do.

 

“Ah. Ms. Lee. Kamsahamnida is thank you. Annyeong Haseo is good morning. You don’t know how to speak in Korean?” he asked me.

 

“Umm…No.” I replied.

 

“That’s why… You may start again this time, in English” he said. And the whole class snickered.

 

“Umm… Hi! I’m Madisson Lee. 16 years old. My family and I just migrated here in Seoul, South Korea. Umm…that’s all” I said shyly.

 

“Very well then you may take your – “

 

“Madisson Lee? Maddie Lee? Oh my gosh. You’re my cousin!!!” a girl said as she run to hug me. No escape. No idea who she is. And no Idea that I have a relative in South Korea.

 

“Ms. Lee go back to your seat! Ms. Lee I mean… Madisson Lee you may take your seat besides Mr. Lee. Onew, I mean. Oh well, behind Ms. Park.

 

As I work my way at the back seat, I saw some persons snickering at me. I sat down behind Ms. Park or whoever she was. I sat still, memory fresh from that embarrassing moment. I should kill Michael for telling me this. And I would never ever trust wikianswers again!

 

“So, I’m supposed to introduce myself again. I’m Mr. Kang, your math teacher.” As he spoke, moans and hiss filled the classroom. He continued, ”I’m going to suggest a Korean Tutoring class to Mrs. Woo – No I’m not the one going to teach – but I will place the responsibility on your shoulders. And I mean all of you. Each of you will have an individual Korean teaching session with Ms. Madisson Lee so she would know how to speak and write like us, Koreans. You will be the teachers and she would be the student. Clear?” he asked.

 

“Yes. Mr. Kang” the students replied.

 

“Very well then. Let’s continue to our lesson.” He said.

 

The whole Math period pass in a blink of an eye as I ponder the most embarrassing moment ever.

------------------------

Hi! I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it's kinda boring (i think). Anyway, I like to thank J/potato, my friend, for helping me and giving me some bright ideas :D Mrs. Woo --- I'll update as soon as I can!

*J this is for you :D 

 

His Smile :)  His smile :")

 

 Just another gif for you :D

 

 Taemin is whipping his hair :D

 

 Rawr!~ ~

 

 This wink is for you :)))

 

 Mwah :* Look at the back ...Jjong's face - PRICELESS

 

 Pic-a-boo :))

 

 Cute Taemin :")

 

 Taemin likes his gifs, how about you? :D

 

 Bye J! Enjoy your trip! Hope you enjoy these :)