One Word: LUXURY

My Seoulmates

Madisson’s POV:

“It’s pronounced as ‘SOUL’, you dummy!” I said as we walked out of the airport to search for some taxis.

 

“Ok. Fine!” my brother said while fixing his MP3.

 

As we passed a group of tourist, I saw a saw taxi driver waiting for passengers while holding a sign that says, “Mr. Taxi, available!” I nearly laughed my head off but I managed to stop it. I looked at the some signs that say “Taxi Bay Here” and an arrow pointing to a direction. I kept looking and looking until I finally saw the taxi bay but I realized that my parents weren’t turning left. So I asked them, “Dad, why aren’t we going to the taxi bay over there?” pointing to that direction so that he would notice.

 

“Ahh…I see. Well, my company has car that would fetch us, Madisson. So just wait and –“ my father stopped and looked at his cellphone. Then said with a puzzled but pleased look, “That car is probably for us.” Then he point to a black shiny limousine.

 

“WOAH!” was all I can say. I can’t take my eyes off it since it’s the first time I’ve seen a limo. My brother almost dropped his MP3 when he looked up to see it.  A good start for our adventure in South Korea, I thought.

 

As we headed to the limo, we saw awestruck faces of both tourist and locals. Lucky us. A tv, a cooler full of drinks, and a table full of food surprised us as we entered.

 

“James, are you sure this is ours?” asked my mom.

 

“Yes, dear, it’s for us.” replied my dad. “So get your butts in and make yourselves comfortable. Are we ready driver?” The driver gave a nod. “Then let’s go to Seoul!”

 

*After an hour of eating, drinking, watching and sleeping while riding the car*

 

“We’re here. Number 73, Jade St.” my dad said while yawning.

 

I immediately looked out of the left window and saw a modern family sized house. It looks good more than our previous house.

 

“It looks nice. It even has some bonsais in the lawn. And it’s looks cozier than our last.” I told my father.

 

“Look to your right, Madisson.” My father replied with a chuckle.

 

To my right. Well, let’s see if this is much be—“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!”

 

“Yes. He’s serious, you dummy!” Michael said.

 

“As if I’m talking to you!” I sneered.

 

“Get your butts out of the limo everybody! And don’t forget to bring your luggage!” my dad shouted.

 

I went out and stood in front of the elegant black gate. Touching the curves and texture of it, one word came into my mind: LUXURY.

 

“Madisson! Come here and help!” my mom shouted.

 

I went there just in time to see my father talking rapid korean to the driver. He kept repeating the word “Kamsahamnida!” at least five times before the driver finally sped away.

 

“So are we ready to enter our new home?” my father cheerfully said.

 

“YES!” “Sure, sure” “Don’t make some dramatic entrance, dear”

 

“Now in we go!” he shouted as he put the key of the main door and turned it.

 

VOILA!”

 

My jaws dropped, my brother finally dropped his MP3, my mother shouted a loud “OMG!”, and my father started jumping up and down. A weird family we are. But was I seeing the real thing or is it just a dream again? I closed my eyes again…and there I was, standing in front of the huge polished marble stairs. It’s true! It’s LUXURIOUS!

 

“Settle down, now. Michael you might as well get your MP3 and stop drooling.” Dad pointed out. I laughed at Michael’s carelessness. I laughed too much, dad also pointed me out.

 

“So, to continue…this will be our new house! I mean, home! I have already called the company to arrange this house before our arrival. And here it is!” spreading his arms like an eagle. “This means, I have also prepared your designated bedroo—“

 

“Sweet! I’m going to get the master bedroom!” Michael shouted.

 

“Not unless, you want to sleep with us, mister.” dad told him. “So to speak…”dad continued. “Michael your bedroom will be located in the east wing.” The he pointed to the east. “Madisson, yours will be in the end of the aisle. Just straight ahead!” motioning his arms and hands forward. “And your mom and I will be staying in the master bedroom. There are seven bedrooms in this house. Each room has their own comfort rooms so no need to go to another.” He then winked at Michael. “Now, off you go!”

 

My brother took off running while I slowly follow him. He then started sprinting in the stairs and then turned to the east wing. I followed him making sure he doesn’t notice. I was about to take a peek into the corner of his bedroom when I heard my brother scream.

 

I rushed towards his room and banged open his door. And there I saw a Michael that was screaming “SWEET!!!” loudly and a MP3 that was lying on the floor, broken. Now I know why. It’s because he’s standing in his dream room. A room with a wallpaper of his idolized Marvel superheroes, an Iron Man lamp, a Captain America mirror, an X-Men logoed cabinet, the Avengers comforter, and two Thor’s hammer speakers on top of a table with a Hulk holding it. Totally, the best room he ever has. Then he turned to me, “What are you doing here?”

 

“I came here because you screamed like a girl, dummy!” I told him. “By the way, nice room you’ve got there.”

 

“I know! It’s totally AWESOME!” he replied.

 

“Anyway, I might as well get going. So I wouldn’t ruin your happy moment with your boyfriends and girlfriends!” I said while chuckling.

 

“YOU!!!” he hissed then charged towards me while I swiftly headed towards my own room. I followed the huge hallway up to the end of it. And there I was, standing in front of my new room in Seoul, South Korea.