Next

In the Blink of an Eye

Alex picks up her phone once outside. She finds Mei’s number and presses call. Her face put in serious folds.

Sweetie” The girl happily answers

“Don’t sweetie me” Alex growls “We kissed? That wasn’t part of the deal!”

Aish I thought you would be too drunk to remember

Alex shakes her head “I was but luckily there were several witnesses”

Oh yeah those guys… Did you know them? They were pretty cute and seemed concerned for you

“Uhm somewhat” Alex frowns and looks back over her shoulder “Why did we kiss?”

Danny was watching and he didn’t believe I had found another guy. He knows how little I trust men. I told him I would never be with a guy again and then I showed up with you. I had to make it believable

“I don’t need to draw that kind of attention on me Mei” Alex rubs her neck

I know I’m sorry. I know just going as my boyfriend was a stretch in the first place but I really do appreciate it

“I know” Alex sighs “Are we done with that game now?”

Yes I promise… unless he keep harassing me

“Yeah yeah” Alex stops at her bike “Mei I gotta go. I just needed to hear”

I know I know. Please sweetie you aren’t mad at me are you?

“I will be if you keep calling me sweetie”

Mei laughs “You are so cute I really wish you were a guy. You would make the perfect boyfriend

“I doubt that” Alex smirks “I would be gay”

Mei laughs again “Well then you would be the perfect gay best friend

“Bye Mei” Alex shakes her head and hangs up. She puts on her helmet, gets on her bike and drives off. She looks at the time, quickly gets to B.A.P’s dorm and gets off her motorcycle. She takes off her helmet and heads to the door knocking on it. She waits.

Zelo opens the door with a huge grin “Alex!”

“Hey boy” Alex smiles. *He is so cute*

“Are you here to see YongGuk because he isn’t here” Zelo says looking excited.

“I see” Alex nods “Well I do need to talk to him but I have to talk to HimChan as well”

“He is in. Come on” Zelo opens the door and lets her in. She pats him on the head as she passes him “Don’t get any taller” She smirks

He chuckles “My mum says the same thing” he runs past her into HimChan’s room “HIMMIE!” He yells.

“DON’T YELL!” HimChan yells back “AND DON’T CALL ME HIMMIE”

Alex frowns and shakes her head “So loud”

HimChan comes running out after Zelo. He stops seeing Alex with a hand stretched out to catch the boy.

“Hey himmie” Alex grins

HimChan points at her “Don’t call me that” He scowls at Zelo and walks towards Alex frowning and looking a bit uncomfortable “What do you want?”

“Nice to see you as well” Alex bows. HimChan puts his hands in his sides “What’s with the formalities? What do you want? You want YongGuk? He isn’t here. What do you want with him? Why do you look like hell? Why didn’t you just call?”

Alex sighs “Aish so many questions I don’t wanna answer. I just came to say thank you for helping me yesterday”

“Me?” He frowns “I don’t think I was that helpful it was more the others”

“See I don’t remember anything so if you hadn’t told me I wouldn’t know” She chuckles. HimChan frowns “Damn I could have sounded so much better then”

Alex smiles “Yeah well thanks anyway. Do you know where YongGuk is?”

“Out with Zico” HimChan rubs his neck “What do you want with him?”

“Thank him” Alex crosses her arms “I’m coming straight from U-kiss’s dorm after having thanked then”

“I see” HimChan nods “How are they?”

“Fine” Alex answers shortly “Now where do I find YongGuk?”

“Uhm” HimChan looks around “Where was it YongGuk and Zico went?”

“The park” Zelo chippers

“The park?” Alex frowns “Seriously?”

“Yeah” Zelo comes over pouting “They didn’t say what they were gonna do there”

“Right” Alex nods “I should find them then” She smiles at the two “Have a nice day”

“That was a short visit” Zelo pouts. Alex chuckles “Yeah well I feel like and the sooner I’m done the sooner I can go die somewhere” She swallows. If MBLAQ had heard her joke about that she would have been in for a scolding. They just don’t have any humor when it comes to death. She shakes her head thinking about it. *Don’t they realize her relationship with death is like a big fat joke?*

“When are we gonna see your new place?” Zelo asks

“As soon as I move in I promise” Alex smiles at him.

“Alex…” Zelo rubs his neck

“yeah” She frowns slightly looking at him

“Is it true you are a girl?” Zelo looks at her with blushing cheeks. HimChan scowls at him “How do you know?”

“You were loud when you got home” Zelo pouts at him

Alex chuckles “Well yeah it’s true”

“So…” Zelo bites his lip “Would it be strange if I hugged you?”

HimChan is now looking confused.

Alex grins “No” She opens her arms and Zelo jumps over giving her a hug. HimChan crosses his arms “Why?” Zelo grins “I like Alex” he just says making her laugh. She waves a hand and heads out.

Zelo beams proudly. HimChan scowls at him “Stop being a kiss ”

Zelo sticks out his tongue at him “Jealous Himmie”

“DON’T CALL ME THAT!” HimChan yells

Once out in the fresh air again she shakes her head and chuckles. She can hear HimChan yelling.

She heads to her bike and on to the park where she parks and quickly enters looking for them “Why the do they have to be in the park?” She mumbles as she starts realizing how big a task it will be to find 2 idols in the park where there are lots of people and they will most likely be in disguise. She frowns not really sure who Zico is so really she can only look for YongGuk with the blond hair which will be covered or he is really stupid.

She sighs and pulls a pack of cigarettes from her pocket carelessly shaking it till on emerges from the small hole in the end.

She moves it to her lip and looks around as she stuffs the rest away in her pocket retrieving a lighter which is led to the end of the cigarette. She takes a slow drag while lighting it and puts the lighter away while the other hand takes the cigarette and let it fall down her side as the smoke seeps through her slightly parted lips.

She sighs and starts walking doing her best to scan the area. Her head is throbbing with the pain from her headache and her stomach twist every now making her regret that she had breakfast.

As she moves through the park she knows people are sending her looks but she can’t tell if it’s because of the bruised lip or her foreign features. Children openly stare and she sends them a smile. Old people looks at her with a mixture of envy for her pale skin and disgust with the days youth.

“Excuse me” A small girl pulls her sleeve.

Alex looks at her with tired eyes “Yes?”

“Our kite is up in the tree and no one wants to help get it down” The girl points to a tree not far behind her. Alex looks at nods “Sure I’ll help” The girl smiles happily “Thanks mister” Alex chuckles and gets led by the girl who takes hold of her finger and moves back to the tree where 2 other small children are standing

“I found someone!” The girl yells. Alex tries not to show how much the yelling makes her head hurt. She looks up “It’s far”

“We know” A boy says rudely “Can you get it?”

Alex kneels down next to him “What is your name?”

“I’m not supposed to talk to strangers” The boy says. Alex ruffles his hair “That is wise. If you could be called anything what would it be?”

“Superman!” The boy smiles

“I’ll call you that then. I’m gonna need your help superman”

“How?” The boy makes big eyes

“I wanna help to!” The girl chippers. Alex smiles “I need all of you to help. Once I’m up in the tree I need you to guide me to the kite okay?”

The kids nod happily. “Good” Alex smiles “I’m counting on you” She stands back up and sighs slightly *Sorry my hurting head* she looks at the biggest of the kids “Can you hold this?” She lifts her cigarette. The older one nods. Alex hands it over “Be careful with it and when you hand it back never touch anything like it ever again” She jumps and grasps on to one of the lower branches. She pulls herself up in her arms and crawls up “Where now?” She looks down

“More that way” The boy calls. Alex moves further up. She looks down and asks what they think she should do next every now and then even though there is no need for it but it makes the kids feel like they are helping and that is always a nice feeling. She gets a high as she can and moves a bit further out hearing the branch making cracking sounds threatening to break.

She loosens the kite and it slowly drifts to the ground. The Branch she is standing on breaks and she just manages to catch on to another branch. The kids yell shocked. Alex takes sighs “Great”

A smaller branch has scratched her neck and she is almost certain she is bleeding. She climbs down and lands next to the kids covering her scratch with a hand. She crouches down “And that is why you never crawl up into trees without a grownup around. I had you guys so it went okay but don’t do something like that on your own okay”

The kids nod and she is handed back her cigarette.

She smiles “Now go play”

“Thanks” the kids yell and runs away with their kites.