6

[multi-drabble] Of Red Roses and Headaches

 

Chanyeol was determined.

Brows knitted together, lips set in a firm line, and shoulders pulled back with tensed confidence, he swore he would get an answer out of Baekhyun if it was the last thing he had to do.

Sitting crossed legged in the middle of Baekhyun's bed, Chanyeol waits patiently for the said male to walk in; hands fumbling with a stuffed animal of a white dog he found hidden under Baekhyun's pillow.

He had it all planned out in his mind; he'll start up the conversation, talk about the weather or about Tao's latest for leather, and naturally transition onto the important matter - his feelings.

Chanyeol found it odd. Baekhyun, clearly aware of his love, continues to treat him as if nothing happened.

Wouldn't people usually find it awkward? Chanyeol taps his chin in thought. Unless... His breath hitches in his throat as the hairs on the back of his arms and neck rise.

Is this a sign that I've been...

He gulps, stomach sinking with dread.

...friend zoned?

Clearing his throat, he lets out a shuddering breath. No, that couldn't be true; he didn't want it to be true. He still had hope.

Right?

As the tenth minute of sitting immobile on Baekhyun's bed rolls around, Chanyeol jumps when the door of his and Baekhyun's room opens with a slow creak.

"Why are you on my bed?" Baekhyun raises a questioning eyebrow as he closes the door behind him and slowly approach the man.

Chanyeol crosses his arms, fingers gripping a little too harshly around the neck of the white dog plushie in his hands. And tilts his head back slightly; poised.

"We need to talk."

Baekhyun frowns. "About what?"

Chanyeol found it hard to not twitch. "You're aware of my feelings, correct?"

"Ah," Baekhyun looks away from Chanyeol's gaze and squirms, "what about it?" He his lips as he nervously scratches his cheek with a finger.

A sudden rush of ire pulses through Chanyeol's body. He felt ignored; how could Baekhyun casually brush away his confession and feelings without a second glance? If Baekhyun knew, he could have had the decency to at least reject him properly, if not returning the feelings.

"What about it?" Chanyeol's eyes narrow as he gets to his feet, throwing away the object in his hands and staggering slightly when his legs give away from sitting for too long. He looms over Baekhyun with his intimidating height, watching as Baekhyun takes timid steps backwards before hitting Chanyeol's bed on the other side of the room with his leg.

"Do you hate me that much?" Chanyeol whispers, "do my feelings for you not matter?"

"Chanyeol, that's not what--" Baekhyun's voice dies in his throat as the heat in his cheeks rise, he steals a quick glance at Chanyeol before staring down at his feet; toes wiggling with anxiety.

"Look at me." Chanyeol commands softly, tilting Baekhyun's chin up with a gentle tap of his finger.

I love you, you damn ignorant man. Why can't you answer my feelings?! Chanyeol wanted to cry those words out, but it never left his tongue.

Baekhyun his lips once again, and just as he parts his lips to say something, his gaze flickers past Chanyeol's arm and to his bed. His eyes widen with a sharp gasp as he mercilessly pushes the tall boy onto his and hastily climbs onto his bed, rustling the sheets.

"King!" Baekhyun cries out, the stuffed-animal of a white dog gently cradled in his arm. The head flopped as one of its shiny black eyes was hanging by its last life line; a single thread. "What happened to you..." realization slowly dawns on him as he sharply turns his head to stare at Chanyeol with wide, fretful eyes.

"How could you," Baekhyun hisses, eyes narrowing to glare at Chanyeol accusingly. He doesn't hear Chanyeol's reply and simply opts to run out of their room, shouting Kyungsoo's name at the top of his lungs with the white dog carefully in his arms.

"....huh?" Chanyeol breathes, sitting on the ground with large, glazed eyes of confusion that could rival any puppy.

-----

from what i've heard from their interview, i think baekhyun said "king"

it could be "keen" or something else..

they all sound similar enough ;a;