1

[multi-drabble] Of Red Roses and Headaches

 

 

"You know what?" Chanyeol says, storming into the living room with a dumbfounded expression, "I think...I think I love Baekhyun."

JoonMyun's jaw goes slack as Kris almost chokes on his orange juice. Xiumin and LuHan start cooing at the tall boy from the kitchen, and YiXing breaks down in a fit of hysterical laughter, landing on top of SeHun and Jongin who were stunned with disbelief; their game of snakes and ladders temporarily forgotten. KyungSoo stares at him as if he suddenly grew two heads, and Chen suddenly stops humming to raise a quizzical eyebrow.

Tao is the only one who seems unfazed.

"About time," the boy mutters, crossing his legs and not even taking his eyes off of his iPhone; internet shopping, it was the next best thing after Gucci.

"Seriously though, these feelings I have... I just can't ignore them anymore!" Chanyeol exclaims, pacing the length of the room in furious thought. "Whenever I see him... it's like... it's like... like when I discovered Barney for the first time."

"I think he ate something bad," SeHun mutters under his breath.

"Didn't he take a bite out of that sandwich Kris-hyung made last night?" Jongin responds.

Kris coughs and drowns the rest of his orange juice like a boss; glaring profusely at the two boys. His cooking wasn't that bad.

"Chanyeol--"

"Hyung," Chanyeol interrupts, gravely looming over JoonMyun with his intimidating height, "I'm serious, so don't tell me otherwise."

Clearing his throat, JoonMyun ignores his lack of vertical advantage over the younger boy, and places a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder. "I'm glad that you have, um, realized your emotions. But..." He trails off and points to the silent figure sitting next to Tao on the sofa.

Hugging his knees and awkwardly scratching his cheek, Baekhyun waves at his roommate in greeting.

"So..." he says, wiggling his toes, "is this what they call a love confession...?"

Tao rolls his eyes, "uh, duh."

YiXing's laughter becomes louder and overly obnoxious.

Surprised, and utterly embarrassed, Chanyeol slowly pulls up the hood of his sweater, hiding his enlarged eyes and flaming cheeks. (He swore Baekhyun materialized out of nowhere. He blames it on the one-too-many number of bodies in one room; it made it easy for some people to blend in with the crowd.)

And being the kind leader he is, JoonMyun tightly pulls the drawstrings of his hood, closing off his vision and tying the ends of the string into a delicate bow.

Ten pairs of eyes (YiXing was still on the floor laughing), watch Chanyeol scuffle away and successfully collide into a wall before the tall boy blindly finds his bedroom door.

"Well," Chen mutters calmly, "that was interesting."

 

 -----

i'm thinking next update will be tomorrow?