5

[multi-drabble] Of Red Roses and Headaches

 

"What the is a tarantallegra?"

YiXing's eyes narrow as he accusingly stares at Kris.

The air around the kitchen table was tense; the rivalry and competitiveness between each boy rising.

"Harry Potter, a jinx that is also called the Dancing Feet spell," Kris explains simply, raising an eyebrow.

"We never agreed to use words from movies," Baekhyun frowns, puffing out his cheeks in distaste.

"We never agreed to not use them either," Kris says coolly, smirking when Chanyeol confirms that, indeed, the word was real; wikipedia said so.

"Why do you even know that word, or better yet, how to spell it?" YiXing mutters under his breath. He tallies up the points of Kris's newly added word; brow twitching when he realizes that Kris is now ahead of him by fourteen points.

Damn.

The three of them were getting their asses beaten by a narcissist.

"Says the man who spelled, jumentous," Kris bites back, "how the hell do you know that it means horse piss?"

"Because he's a unicorn?"

Baekhyun guffaws; quickly muffling it when YiXing glares at him.

"...Touché."

Lips set in a grim line, Kris suddenly whips his head towards Chanyeol, who sat with an innocent smile tugging at the corners of his lips. The Chinese man does something with his leg that makes the table jump and Chanyeol jerk with a pained yelp.

Baekhyun and YiXing share a confused look.

"For the third time, Chanyeol, stop playing footsie with me!" He growls. "Baekhyun's leg is across from you, not beside you."  

Chanyeol coughs and almost chokes on his saliva, taking his foot immediately off the leg it rested on. He sheepishly grins when Baekhyun looks at him with wide eyes of question, and scowls when YiXing gave him an amused stare.

"My turn!" Chanyeol says, dismissing the topic as he  peaks down at the row of letters in front of him. With much thought, biting his bottom lip in concentration, he carefully aligns his choice of words. He flickers shy glances at the three boys around him; eyes lingering far too obvious on Baekhyun.

"Apodyopsis?" Kris says, brows knitting together in contemplation.

YiXing takes out his phone and googles it. After a moments silence, a slow grin forms, followed by a series of breathy chuckles soon escalating into a body-shuddering laugh.

"Park Chanyeol, you're just getting desperate, aren't you?"                                                 

"What? What does it mean?" Baekhyun's the first to ask. Frowning when YiXing doesn't stop his laughter to explain, he roughly pulls the phone from the slack grip and shoves the chortling boy away in slight annoyance.

Kris watches with a raised eyebrow when Baekhyun's cheeks turn a bashful red; eyes blinking dumbly at the phone screen in his hands.

YiXing was still laughing; half off his chair as he, just like last time, points at Chanyeol's face in great hilarity while mumbling incoherencies at the stoic male. Nobody understood why YiXing found the most smallest, insignificant things incredibly entertaining.

But Chanyeol ignores the mocking man completely, eyes trained solely on Baekhyun who squirmed shyly under his overwhelming gaze.

With an exhausted sigh, wondering why he even agreed to play a game of Scrabble with these boys, Kris takes the phone from Baekhyun's warming hands.

He snorts, finally understanding Chanyeol's heated look, Baekhyun's unwillingness to take his eyes off the table, and YiXing's outburst of---No, never mind. I'll never understand that kid.

YiXing, in the midst of flailing his limbs from the lack of oxygen to his lungs and brain, had flipped the game board; destroying three hours worth of intense Scrabble.

Kris growls, and aims a knee at the laughing man.

An immediate apology follows when Baekhyun gets the impact instead.

Adpodyopsis: the act of mentally undressing someone.         

-----

written during my spare-hour at school today.

was taking a break from studying, and this is the result.

and no i have no idea if those words are real words in the dictionary

(probably in the urbandictionary or smething though lol)

my friends were telling me all this unnecessary information rofl

and

/le sigh.

i have five exams in the next two days....

i can't wait for the weekend

(; a ;)