Chapter Nine

I'm Eternally Love

 

~*~
The following is a dream!
~*~
          “Okay”, BaekHyun said, his lips, “Dinner… is served.” He removed the top off the plate and revealed some microwaveable noodles. “Huh?! Huh?!” He clapped his hands and cheered. “I’m a pretty good cook! I didn’t even burn ‘em this time! Eat up!” BaekHyun sat across from ChanYeol and took out his way cool metal chopsticks. Jealous?
 
          They both ate their noodles quietly. But, they sometimes laughed when their eyes met. BaekHyun took both of their chopstick sets and washed them, humming a song. “So, hyung. You should really be a pizza boy. I’m tired of dreaming about you every night.” ChanYeol hugged him from behind, his arms wrapped around his waist. “Well, I don’t know. For some reason, we haven’t met yet… The Gods say when we’re ready, we’ll meet. Maybe it’s me who isn’t ready.” BaekHyun dried the chopsticks and left them in the rack. He pouted and said, “But, why? Why aren’t you ready?” He was still facing the sink with ChanYeol behind him. “Don’t ask me. I’m only an Angel. Not real ChanYeol.” “But, I want Real ChanYeol…” He turned around and laid his head on ChanYeol’s chest.
 
          “I know…” He lifted his head up and kissed him on the lips. “Why so sweet today, Yeol?” “What do you mean?” BaekHyun laid his head back and said, “I don’t know. In most my dreams, you’re not this sweet.” ChanYeol chuckled softly, rubbing BaekHyun’s soft, brown hair. “It’s your dream.” “Yes but, you use your ‘Angel Powers’ to get in them, right?” “Y-Yeah…” “So… Why so sweet?” “No reason.”
 
          “Tell me.”
 
          “It’s nothing! Haha, really!”
 
          “Park ChanYeol, I swear to God, if you’re trolling me…”
 
          “Okay, just listen… It’s not that bad. I’m just not going to be a bird anymore.” “Why not?” “The Gods. They say I can’t.” “Why?!” “Don’t worry! It’s a good reason! We’re going to meet soon. We are… But, it has to be a surprise. So, I can’t give you company anymore. You have to learn to live without me. J-Just for a bit.” “What the ! Like before? I never got over you!” BaekHyun broke away and wiped away the small tear hanging on his waterline.
 
          “I-I… You saw me! Right?! I cried everyday!”
 
          “I know you did! But, it’s not my choice!”
 
          BaekHyun held him closer and cried into his chest. “I know I said being a bird was weird… And how people would make fun of this if we were in a movie or fanfic or whatever… B-But… This is real… I couldn’t live without you. I-It’s… It’s just humanly impossible…! I’ll dream about you every night. Write songs, poems, draw pictures. You’ll be on my mind 24/7… How can I just get over you like this? No one’s loved me like this. Only you.
 
          ChanYeol held him closer and laid his chin on his head. “I-I… I know, alright. But, you’ve just got to do it… Not just for me. For you. Just promise me one thing, alright? Don’t stop believing.” He kissed BaekHyun’s lips and whispered, “I love you.” And he disappeared, leaving a familiar smoky, white whisp of smoke in the air. “I love you, too.”
 
          BaekHyun woke up. But, to a silence. No tapping on the window. No chirping. No pretty, familiar tunes. Nothing. “I’ll learn to forget”, he said. “I’ll learn to forget for you.”
 
          After washing his face and dressing up, BaekHyun took a walk outside. It was windy, yeah. But, nothing’s too windy for Byun BaekHyun!          
 
          “I’ll have three dumplings and a honeydew bubble tea.” “₩20,000.” BaekHyun’s eyebrows moved up a bit. “Yep”, he thought, “ChanYeol’s definitely not lowering costs anymore.” As the cashier made his food, he took the money out of his wallet and laid it on table. “Here you are, son.” “Gamsahabnida, ahjumma.” He took the bag and left, shivering a bit.
 
          Sitting on a bench, alone, he ate his food. What? He had nothing better to do, correct? Kiss ChanYeol. Hug ChanYeol. Hold ChanYeol. Sing to ChanYeol. Dream of ChanYeol. All these things were no longer allowed. How ty.
 
          BaekHyun walked around the park, whistling a song and clearing his mind of things. Like Park ChanYeol. 
 
          As he walked past a playground, a ball stopped at his foot. He looked at the direction it came from and saw a little boy, about eight years old, running towards him. “Yah, ahjussi! Can you give me my ball?” BaekHyun gave an eye smile and picked up the ball. He ruffled the little boy’s hair and said, “Sure. Be more careful, okay?” The little boy nodded. “What’s your name, namja?” “ChanYeol.” BaekHyun stood up straight and went a little… how you say… jkaslfdsdlks.
 
          “C-ChanYeol?” he asked. The little boy made a face, taking the ball from his hand. “What? No, I said GongChan. You’re hearing things, ahjussi! I think you’re going a little jkasldfdlks!” BaekHyun stood there, still minded. The little boy ran back to his friends shouting, “Hey, guys! Ahjussi over there is going jkasldfdlks!”
 
          Okay…
 
          Hearing things. Check.
 
          Going jkasldfdlks. Double-triple-infinity check.
 
          Thinking he was going jkasldfdlks, BaekHyun walked home and laid on his bed. “Okay… You’re improving. Already on the first day, you’re improving.” That’s right, ladies and gentlemen! Byun BaekHyun is improving!
 
          The entire walk home, ChanYeol had not crossed his mind once! He crossed his mind fifteen thousand times instead. BaekHyun walked to his kitchen and filled up a cup with water. He drank half of it and cupped his face. “Whew… What am I supposed to do now? Aish…”
 
          Let’s see. You can’t order pizza. You can’t write song lyrics. You can’t draw pictures. I don’t think you can do anything.
 
          It was absolutely silent. No noise at all. “Neoui suhojaro jeo geosun baramil makgo. Ne pyeoneuro modu da deungeul dollyeodo.” Singing Into Your World calmed him down a bit. Just a bit. And temporarily.
 
          “I just can’t have anything I want, can I? Can I?! Blah, blah, blah. I’m perfect all of this . But, I don’t ing care! I don’t want to be perfect! I want ChanYeol! I want to hold him and tell him how much I love him! I want to kiss him like I’m going to die soon! I just want to see him again! I’m ready! He’s ready! Why aren’t we meeting? this! I love my life! I just ing love it!”
 
          You may be wondering, “Love your life? Whaaaa-aaaat?” Well, BaekHyun not going to ruin it. If he talks about himself, ChanYeol’ll pop up and the Gods won’t let them meet. He’s smart, guys.
 
          “Ahhh! Why can’t I lead a normal life?! A life with friends and my one true love? ChanYeol! I deserve him! I work so hard and I don’t get anything. Sure, fame! But, what the does that help?! I just want someone to come home to! I just want someone to sleep and cuddle with! I just want someone to love! I just want… I want ChanYeol.”
 
          BaekHyun heard a tapping on his window. “Gasp! ChanYeol?” He ran to the edge of this bed, gripping on the window sill. “Oh,” he said disappointedly. “You’re just a normal bird. No fluff or big eyes… Just a bird.”
 
          BaekHyun laid his head on his left hand as he scrolled down and down and down on his laptop. “Hmm… What to do…?” His cursor stopped at something. “What’s this? www.asianfanfics.com... Eh, what else is there?” He asked as he scrolled lower. “www.tumblr.com? Nah, sounds weird.” BaekHyun sighed and gave up, closing his screen. “I have nothing to do. I have no life. My life is with Park ChanYeol.”
 
          “Let’s see…” BaekHyun cracked his knuckles and neck and rested his fingers on the piano keys. He played a few really disgusting notes and made a face, retracting his fingers. “Uh, ewh… I haven’t played a while…” He shut his eyes and cleared his mind, breathing evenly. “Okay… Let’s try again.” Getting his fingers into position, he decided to play Into Your World.
 
          He played absolutely perfectly and sang his song. “Neoui sesangeuro yeorin baramil tago.Ne gyeoteuro eodieseo wannyago.Haemartge mutneun nege bimirira malhaesseo. Manyang idaero hamkke geodeumyeon… eodideun cheongugilteni.”
 
          Pleased with his work, BaekHyun smiled and danced around his apartment. Overpleased, he began creating a conversation with a stranger… Who was himself imitating a woman’s voice. “Wah!~ You’re piano skills are perfect, Byun BaekHyun! Why, thank you, ahjumma! You’re going to be quite famous, namja! Gamsahabnida! Oh, you’re so talented! Oh, such a flatte-… What am I doing?” BaekHyun made a face and jumped onto his bed.
 
          “Poo. Byun BaekHyun is way cooler than this.”
 
          Oh, yeah. Cool people definitely say Poo.
 
          BaekHyun marked his calendar. “July nineteenth… Check!” BaekHyun saw the words “ChanYeol!” written all over the eighteenth but, he pretended he didn’t. All it would do was make him cry even more. I mean, who wouldn’t cry?
 
          C’mon. Let’s be honest. You would’ve cried, too. BaekHyun had his true love. He had him. Then, he went two months without him and he came back. And it turned out to be all a dream. A stupid, little dream. He appeared again, though. As a bird. He dreamt about him every night. He dreamt of his warm hugs and sweet kisses. He dreamt of the love they shared and all the memories they had together. It’s hard to just forget someone that important all at once. ChanYeol was his everything. So, what were tears supposed to help? Mend a broken heart? 
 
          “I am going to forget you, ChanYeol. I promise. I won’t cry anymore. I won’t yell anymore. I won’t think of you anymore. No matter how hard it will be… I will forget you. And when we do meet… It will be the most special day of my life. On that day, I will cry. On that day, I will yell. On that day, I will think of you. I will hold you in my arms and tell you how much you mean to me. I will do anything. Anything. To be with you.”
 
~*~
omg, okay guys. riceisnice is definitely not crying right now. ;~~~;
BaekYeol is so great together <3
I wonder what happens in Chapter Ten? I don’t knoo-oow~ keke…
Thanks for all the subs! Saranghae!~
~*~