Chapter Two

I'm Eternally Love

 

          BaekHyun woke up to the sound of birds chirping out the window beside his bed. “Good morning, birds… How’s your morning?” BaekHyun watched as the two birds cuddled together. “…You guys in love? Haha… So am I, birdies… So am I.”
 
          BaekHyun stared at himself in the mirror as he brushed his teeth. “You’re really ugly, Baek… Like, legit.” He thought. He ducked down to spit out his toothpaste and looked back in the mirror. “SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS!” ChanYeol appeared behind him in the mirror, arms crossed. “What? Scared ya?” BaekHyun walked out of his bathroom and plopped himself onto his bed. “I heard what you said.” BaekHyun’s heart skipped a beat. What did he mean? From yesterday? His confession? “W-What did you hear, Yeol?” “You’re not ugly. You’re perfect.”
 
          His face flushed a dark red. “T-Thanks…” “So, you dreamed about me?” BaekHyun flipped himself over so that his face was stuffed in a pillow. He muffled, “Y-Yeah… So what?” No reply. Did he leave? BaekHyun prompted his head back up. ChanYeol was laying on the bed beside him, his face just a few inches away. “You still believe, don’t you? You still believe that I’m somewhere in Korea, waiting to meet you, my true love.” “…”
 
          ChanYeol smiled. “You do, don’t you?” BaekHyun unknowingly let out a soft laugh. “Don’t worry. Because, like you said, I love you.” BaekHyun gasped and looked at ChanYeol. He was gone. “He heard.”
 
          “BaekHyun, snap out of, you’re going crazy! Stop drinking coffee! Get more sleep!” BaekHyun paced around his room, rubbing his head. “You’re so crazy! You’re seeing things! What’s gotten into you?!” “Me.” BaekHyun gasped. ChanYeol appeared on his bed. “I’m your problem.” “…Sigh, yeah you are.” ChanYeol patted at the space beside him. “Sit.” BaekHyun followed his order and gave himself a mini-facepalm. “Don’t do that, Baek.”
 
          “But, I’m going crazy!” “No, you’re not. Stop it.” “Look! Look at me! My eyes are grey, I have bags under them, I’m not getting enough sleep, and I’m SEEING THINGS! I’ve lost it!” “And what things are you seeing?” He opened his mouth to answer but no sound came out. He choked on his words again. “…You.” ChanYeol, not thinking he’d be this surprised, made an “O” shape with his mouth. “But, you believe, right?” “I do… It’s just… It’s crazy…” “Exactly how?” “It’s a long story. You know it already anyway!” “Just tell it again. Maybe it’ll help you realize.” BaekHyun sighed and rubbed his face.
 
         “As a little kid, I drew pictures of myself holding hands with a tall, brown-haired boy. I was thinking of a name for him and I liked ‘ChanYeol’. He was like… like… like a guardian. He protected me, cared for me, and he loved me. But… More than an ordinary guardian… We were… together… If that makes sense. I loved him, too. A lot. He was the perfect human being. He was… ‘the one’. I always drew him any chance I got. I wrote his name everywhere, I wrote songs about him, I planned how I would meet him, things like that. Then, I got older and I forgot all about him… Until recently, that is. About a month ago, I was really stressed. I was just thinking of random ways to get healthy again. And the first thing that came to mind was the word ‘ChanYeol’. And ever since then, some imaginary angel, or guardian, which is you, follows me around… I’m not sure whether to believe or not… It’s like… It’s like saying… I fell in love with a boy I’ve never met.”
 
          “And that is perfectly fine, no?” ChanYeol rubbed his thin fingers up and down BaekHyun’s tiny back. “No, it’s not perfectly fine. You’re not real… You’re not real, okay? I should just give up. I’m a 21 year old Korean student. I’m short, ugly, and not worth anyone’s time.” “You’re worth my time.” BaekHyun fisted his hands. “But you’re not real.” “I am.” “You’re my imagination! I made you up!” “Yes! Exactly, Baek! And I won’t go away because I’m real.”
 
          So many feelings went through BaekHyun. He was in him room, yelling at basically no one. “Ugh!” BaekHyun pushed himself onto his bed. “You just don’t get it, do you?! ChanYeol! You’re not real! You’re just my childhood imaginary friend! You’re not real! Just let me live my life!” “Shh… Calm down. Take a break. School’s just stressing you, okay?” The guardian slowly laid beside him and put his soft, cold hand onto BaekHyun’s jawline. “A-Are you mad, Yeol?” He chuckled. “No,” he said, “No, I’m not mad. You’re just a little pissed at the world.” “You promise?” “Yes, Byun BaekHyun, I promise… No one’s perfect.” BaekHyun smiled and whispered, “But you are.”
 
         BaekHyun slowly opened his eyes to a sleeping ChanYeol. “Hi… I dreamt about you again…” BaekHyun cuddled next to him and softly sang a song he wrote, “Into your world”. BaekHyun’s voice really was amazing. He had a gift. “Machi amugeotdo meoreuneun airo geureokhe dashi tae eonen sungan gachi…” ChanYeol shifted in his peaceful sleep and smiled as he heard BaekHyun’s soft voice in his ear. “Eodideun cheongugilteni…~” “You have a really nice voice, Baek.” “You’re awake…?” “Mm, yes. I can’t sleep.” “Why not? Something on your mind?” “You could say that. It’s just… imaginary people can’t sleep. We’re… imaginary, haha…” “Oh… But you can sleep. I believe you are real.” ChanYeol smiled and said, “Good… Because I think we’re going to meet soon.” He disappeared again, leaving BaekHyun on his bed, anxious. “Y-You’re… gonna meet me?”
 
          The clock read 12:34pm. “You’re stupid, BaekHyun. You’re going to get fat if you keep sleeping.” “Talking to yourself, I see?” BaekHyun jumped. “Jeez, ChanYeol. You’ve got to stop reappearing over and over again… Aish…” “Sorry, it’s really not my fault.” “Haha, what do you mean?” BaekHyun asked as he removed his shirt. “Do you ever notice?” “Notice what?” ChanYeol looked straight at him. “I always appear when you talk about yourself in a bad way. Like, just now. You were calling yourself stupid. It’s really you who controls when I pop up. Because I’m imaginary remember? You don’t know it, but… When you talk bad about yourself, you’re comparing yourself to me, the ‘perfect’ being. Get it?”
 
          BaekHyun stared blankly at the edge on the bed. His expression was so blank, it was hard to tell what he was feeling. “So… Can I talk bad about myself more often?” “Haha, why?” “So, I can see you.” ChanYeol blushed. “Why, that’s nice…~ But, you shouldn’t. Because you’re not meeting the real me. You’ll meet me when you’re ready. And you won’t be ready if you always put yourself down.” “Oh… So… When do I know I’m ready?” “When I don’t show up anymore.” “Then how will I know it’s the real you?!” “Look at me! Look how I’m dressed! I’m in a white dress and this yellow halo around my head! Once you see a ‘ChanYeol’ in regular clothes, you’ll know…” “But… I want to keep seeing you. I can’t go by everyday seeing you for only a couple seconds!” “Just try… For me, okay?” BaekHyun wanted to cry. A boy who was yelling at ChanYeol for following him just yesterday was now wanting him to follow him. Damn.
 
          BaekHyun sat on the couch, eating cereal and watching TV. “Ewh, nothing’s good on TV… I wish ChanYeol was here…” BaekHyun waited patiently for a deep voice to sound. But nothing happened. Only the sound of SHINee’s “Sherlock” on Inkigayo made noise. “ChanYeol?” No reply. “Oh, right. I have to talk bad about myself… Let’s see… Hmm, BaekHyun, you’re really stupid. And, uh…Fat.” Still nothing. “DAMN IT, CHANYEOL! YOU TROLLER!” BaekHyun’s face felt hot. “ARG! BaekHyun, go to Hell! ChanYeol’s not coming!” “I’m right here.” BaekHyun looked beside him, an Angel with his legs crossed, smiling ear-to-ear. “Why didn’t you show up the first time?” “Because you were talking bad about yourself on purpose. I only show up when you do it from the heart.
 
          BaekHyun pouted. “Listen, okay. I really can’t do this. You’re on my mind 24/7. How am I supposed to stop talking about myself? Especially with my college tests coming up!” “Relax, okay… You can do this… Just… Just take a deep breath, okay? Even if you don’t see me, I’ll always be with you. But, I can’t if you keep making me pop up all the time.” “It’s hard…” “I know it is… I know.”
 
          BaekHyun pressed the TV power button on the remote control and crossed his arms. “Baek… Baek, look at me.” ChanYeol guided BaekHyun’s head closer to him. “It’s gonna be alright, okay?” BaekHyun stared into his eyes. They were big, brown orbs. With a slight sparkle in the corners.“Baek?” “Y-Yeah… Everything’ll be alright… As long as I believe in you…Right?” ChanYeol, smiling with satisfactory, said, “Yes. As long as you believe in me.” Everything was quiet. They held each others’ faces, staring into their eyes. “Damn,” BaekHyun thought, “I really want to kiss him… But he’s imaginary…” ChanYeol broke the silence and said, “You can if you want.” “K-Kiss you?” ChanYeol smiled and slowly nodded his head. “Yes. Kiss me.” BaekHyun’s cheeks felt hot. He was holding the air in other peoples’ eyes. But, he believed he was holding ChanYeol. He leaned forward and kissed him on the lips. His lips were soft as pillows and very smooth. He broke away and tears blurred his vision. “C-ChanYeol?”“Mm?” “Can we meet soon? L-Like… Like, in real life?” “Like I said. Just keep believing. And don’t bag on yourself, okay?” BaekHyun nodded; the child in him shone through. “I love you, BaekHyun.” “I love you, too.”
~*~
Hey guys, riceisnice here^^ Is it getting better? I’m not exactly the best writer ever. Have you guys read “Absolute ChanYeol” yet? It’s AMAZING. It’s a BaekYeol version of the manga “Absolute BoyFriend”. You’ve got to read it! <3
Anyway, I hope you guys all stay with me!(: Thank you for subscribing! c:
~*~