Chapter Three

I'm Eternally Love

 

          It’s been at least two and a half months since BaekHyun had last seen ChanYeol. Or, well, the imaginary one at least. It’s been really hard for the poor 21 year old. He’s tried so hard not to bag on himself and tell himself it’s not his fault why ChanYeol’s gone. He’s doing it for love. Pure love. He may have passed his tests and graduated, but it’s still been hard. He’s learning to try and forget ChanYeol again. And it’s working. Slowly, but surely. He’s even putting work into his singing!
 
          “Great job, Byun BaekHyun! You did fantastic out there!” “Thanks! I’m trying hard to improve!” BaekHyun bowed to the stranger. “You’re going to be a real star one day!” BaekHyun blushed and excused himself. He walked out of the building and onto the sidewalk home: Whistling, with his hands in his pockets. “Okay, BaekHyun”, he thought, “You’ve got some talent! You’re winning both the heart of girls and boys! You’re amazing. When you get home, you’re gonna take a break and relax and everything’ll be alright. Just go to sleep and smile. No crying. You’re fantastic…” For two months straight, he’s been telling himself how talented he is. He’d do anything to find ChanYeol.
 
          BaekHyun unlocked his apartment door and threw himself onto his bead. “Whew! Long day, BaekHyun! Long day…” His eyes felt heavy and he wanted to sleep. Bad. But, he knew he smelled of smoke from that club. He didn’t want to smell like that the next morning, so he pulled himself to the bathroom. He slowly undressed, yawning most the time, and stepped into the bathtub. 
 
           The water was lukewarm, but relaxing. He rested his head on the edge of the tub and blew out his hot breath. He opened his eyes and smiled. ChanYeol? “Hey, ChanYeol.” No answer. “How are you?” Still nothing. “Oh, that’s great! I’m glad you’re doing good… I… I-I am, too… I’m okay, I really am.” ChanYeol wasn’t there. No, not at all. He was talking to himself; pretending his guardian was in front of him again. “I-I… I really miss you. But, I’m doing o-okay. I don’t cry anymore… I don’t… I’ve been seeing you in my dreams lately, though… T-They were really nice d-dreams… I was cuddling with you again and-…“ BaekHyun took a moment to breathe. His eyes were quickly filling up with a pool of tears. He looked up, trying to force the tears away. “Whew…” he sighed. “Sorry about that, Yeol… I guess I’m a little tired…” BaekHyun rubbed his temples. 
 
          After a few minutes, he started again. “Well, my day went great! I performed again! People love me! Just like you di-… Oh, wait. S-Sorry… Let me start over… People cheered me out t-there… They cheered a lot…” He couldn’t hold it in anymore. A tear rolled down his cheek. Followed by another, and another, and another. He was falling apart. “But, I know I did great…! I-I’m really good! My voice is really something! Haha…! One day, I’ll be so famous, ChanYeollie! S-So famous! I’ll be in the Korean Hall of Fa-…” He choked on his words; salty tears falling down into the corners of his mouth like a river. “I… I-I’m doing good, ChanYeollie! I h-haven’t bagged on myself in so long! Aren’t you proud of m-me? Haha…” BaekHyun sniffled. “Well, I should go… I’m tired today… See you later, Y-Yeol…” BaekHyun cupped his hands in the water and splashed his face. Then, he stepped out of the bathtub and dried himself, sniffling the whole time.
 
         “Ahh… It feels good in this bed. So comfy!~” BaekHyun, whose eyes were no longer red and moist, smiled as he covered himself in his soft blanket. He shifted to the side and said, “Good night, ChanYeol!” He wasn’t there. BaekHyun was just pretending again. “I love you… A lot… Sweet dreams, Yeollie…” And he drifted to sleep…
 
         “Mm… Good morning, ChanYeol.” BaekHyun yawned as he stretched his long, thin arms. “Ever since school ended and I’ve been performing, I’m becoming awfully tired… Ugh.” BaekHyun got up and walked to his bathroom to wash his face and relieve his bladder. He brushed his teeth and walked back to his bedroom. “Ugh, there’s nothing to eat in this stupid place…” He quickly changed and put on a bit of eyeliner and walked towards the door. “ChanYeol. Come with?”
 
          “Your total will be $7.99.” BaekHyun took out $8 from his wallet and handed it to the cashier. “One penny is your change.” “Thank you, ahjumma.” BaekHyun took his bag and was about to leave when she said, “Wait. Aren’t you Byun BaekHyun? The talented, young singer?” BaekHyun smiled ear-to-ear. “Why, yes. I am!” “Ah, really? Let me tell you something, boy. I’ve heard great things about you. You’ll become real famous one day, I can tell you that!” “T-Thank you…” BaekHyun blushed as he bowed 90 degrees. “BaekHyun. You’ve got real respect, bowing to a cashier like that. Bless your heart. I give you good luck and fortune.” BaekHyun gave a big smile and bowed once more. “Thank you, ahjumma… I-I greatly appreciate it…!” The old woman nodded and smiled. “Run along now. I’ll hear you on the radio soon!” He bowed yet again and ran off.
 
         BaekHyun sat down on a bench and laughed to himself. “You hear that, ChanYeol! That kind ahjumma gave me such a confidence boost! And she blessed me! Maybe I’ll meet you soon!” BaekHyun blushed madly at this thought. Unknowingly, he whispered to himself, “I’ll finally meet you.”
 
          BaekHyun walked home and ate the food he bought while watching TV. “Wah~ Kim JongHyun’s voice is very good. Right, ChanYeol?” BaekHyun looked to his left, still chewing. He gave an eye smile and said, “I remember we watched “Sherlock” together right here. Do you remember?” Silence. “Ahah~ Good!” BaekHyun munched on his food and continued watching the SHINee concert, smiling the entire time.
 
          “Why am I still hungry? Haha! Let’s order some pizza, ChanYeol!” BaekHyun skipped to the desk beside his bed, which had a laptop on top of it. “Hmm… Large might be too big for me… But, you need to eat, too, right?! Okay, a large cheese pizza coming up!” BaekHyun made a face. “Hmm… Now where did I put my credit card?” BaekHyun shuffled through all him drawers and under his bed. Nothing. “Ugh! I guess I’ll just pay at the door…”
 
          The doorbell rang and for some odd reason, BaekHyun’s heart jumped frantically. Not because of fright or anything. He knew it was the pizza guy, but… He felt really excited for some reason. He turned his TV off again and slowly walked to the door. “Jeez, Baek… Calm down. It’s just the pizza guy…” BaekHyun cleared his throat and took the money out of his jean pocket. Smiling, he opened the door. He wasn’t smiling anymore. He froze. His eyes locked directly in front of him. His heart was about to rip out of his chest. The pizza guy’s eyes were fixed on the pizza in his hand, making sure not to drop such a heavy box. He was obviously new to the job. “S-Sorry. This is heavy… One large cheese pizza..?” he asked, his eyes still glued on the pizza box. 
 
          BaekHyun dropped his money onto the floor, his lips parted and eyes focused on the pizza boy. The sound of money dropping onto the floor caught the boy’s attention as he said, “You alright there, sir…?” As he locked eyes with BaekHyun, he said,“Oh, my God.” BaekHyun’s vision was blurred by the tears in his eyes. “ChanYeol?” “Y-Yes…! Yes! That’s me! I-I’m ChanYeol!” “Do you remember me, ChanYeol?! My name is-“ “BaekHyun!” The pizza boy finished his sentence. “CHANYEOL!”“BAEKHYUN!” They both ran into each others’ arms, embracing each other, crying into each others’ shoulders. “Oh, God. You have no idea how much I’ve waited for this day, Yeol! I’ve waited so long!” ChanYeol pulled apart. He wiped his tears and said, “L-Listen, BaekHyun. I don’t know what’s going on. I just… For some reason I know your name and I’m really emotional over you right now… Who are you?” “I… I’m your true love.”
 
          After a few hours of explanation, BaekHyun finally explained everything to him. You’d think one would get bored or tired of hearing someone talk non-stop for 4 hours. But, no. Not ChanYeol. He was fascinated the entire time. Hearing BaekHyun’s story and his genius sentence: I fell in love with a boy I never met. He was amazed. “So, what to do now? Do I move in with you?” ChanYeol wondered. BaekHyun laughed as he scooted closer to the once-a-stranger boy and said, “Sure. Why not. You’re 21, no?” ChanYeol nodded and held BaekHyun’s soft hands. “I really missed you.” “Really? I… I always felt empty for a reason I didn’t know. But, now I do. And now I feel complete.” They hugged each other again. “Can I… Can I kiss you?” BaekHyun’s eyes lit up. “W-What?” “I-I mean, if it’s alright with you. I mean, I just feel so in love. I’ve been waiting, too. But, if you don’t want to, I understand. I was just aski-“ ChanYeol was cut off by a sudden movement of lips atop of his own. They were pillow-like and thin. Something slick laid upon his bottom lip: a tongue. ChanYeol closed his eyes and held BaekHyun back. This kiss wasn’t ual, it was sweet.
 
~*~
riceisnice here!^^ Was that cheesy? .___.
Sorry if it really made no sense. I’m confused with myself XD
Anyway, thanks for all my subscribers! I am very happy c: And so is KiSeop!
I’ll update soon!~
~*~