Chapter 6

Her Favorite Color Is Sapphire Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! I wrote this entire chapter in about an hour, so I hope it's alright ^-^;; I was struggling with how I wanted it to start, but it just kind of flowed after that~
School is starting soon for my siblings (in about a week), so hopefully things will be a bit better then~ C: I'll have more time to write~
Please ignore any weird mistakes. This hasn't been revised >n<
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wind caught your hair, short but dark locks flying everywhere. You laughed softly, but it was more of a cover up for your panic.
"Hey! Heiryung!" You heard the woman's voice and turned to face your friend Marlene. She smiled a bit, "You can't stand outside /all/ day. Your break is over in about 5 minutes, and you didn't even eat lunch." Her scolding was light, a little bit more so than normal. She was your only real friend around this place and she could tell when something was bothering you.
Luckily for you, however, she wasn't the type of person to ask more than once. And when she'd asked a few days ago what was wrong, you'd told her not to worry about it. You'd be fine soon enough. So, though she stayed concerned, she didn't ask again, hoping that if it were something serious, you would tell her on your own.
"I know. I'm just not hungry." You reply in flawless English, giving a small smile of your own. The truth was you'd hardly been eating at all. You ate a bit at breakfast because Hyunae would scold you if you didn't (something that she learned from you the few times that you'd had to tell her to eat breakfast when all she wanted to do was play), and you ate a little dinner for the same reason. But it had been making you sick to do so.
"I don't think you've eaten lunch the last couple of days already. You can't skip today, too." Marlene sighed, placing a hand on your shoulder, "You know... you really should tell me what's going on."
You shook your head slowly, though you started to consider it. Marlene definitely wasn't the type of person to run around telling everyone, and she already knew about Henry and Jungsu and, well, almost everything that had happened in your life from the moment you left Jungsu behind. So, why couldn't she know this?
You took a breath, "Alright. I'll tell you. It's just..." You bit down on your bottom lip. How could you explain this without sounding selfish? How could you explain this without sounding stupid? "I'm nervous about Monday." Last night when Henry had called, he'd confirmed that Monday was, in fact, the day that Jungsu was coming to New York. He, Henry, and Siwon all had plane tickets already purchased. And you had no idea who else might be accompanying them.
"Tomorrow? Why tomorrow of all days? You even requested for the day off."
"I know. But I requested for the day off because of what's making me nervous." You stated, before glancing down at your hands. You were fidgeting again. Your fingers entwined then pulled apart before you awkwardly adjusted your shirt. And once that was done, you returned to wringing your hands, like it was a habit of yours. And when you were nervous, that's exactly what it was. But Marlene waited patiently for you to continue, though she knew time was running a bit short considering your break was almost over... though hers had just started, "Jungsu... you remember me telling you about him, right?" When she gave a little nod, you continued, "Well, Henry... he accidentally left his phone down and some of the boys, Donghae and Hyukjae and Zhou Mi, I think, found out that Henry had my phone number, so they called me. Apparently, Jungsu overheard part of the conversation and managed to get Donghae to tell him who they were talking to. And, now, he knows about Hyunae and he knows where I live. So, he wants to come see us tomorrow. They already have plane tickets and everything."
"Isn't that a good thing, though?" Marlene asked, her expression showing her confusion. In return, you showed a bit of confusion as well, "I mean, Hyunae needs to meet him some day, and better sooner than later. And now you know that he still cares about you. Or, at least, he probably does considering he's coming here so quickly."
"He probably only cares about meeting his daughter, which is just fine but, I kind of wish he were excited about seeing me, as well." After you said this, you felt selfish for thinking that way. But it's not something that could be taken back, so you went silent and let the older woman speak, instead.
"I'm sure that he's just as excited about seeing you, hun." She laughed softly, hoping to lighten the atmosphere a bit, "Don't be worried about this, alright? Henry's going to be there and it's not like Jungsu's mean or scary or anything, right?"
You hadn't really thought about it that way. You were too nervous about what to say or what to do, but now, your mind was starting to be put at ease. Just a little, "Yeah. That's true..."
"See? No reason to freak out. And don't dwell on what you're going to say to him, okay? That'll just make it worse. When you think about what you're going to say too early, you end up tripping over your tongue and stuttering!" Marlene teased with another laug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter