Chapter 3

Her Favorite Color Is Sapphire Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning rose far too quickly, and you found yourself held tightly in the younger's embrace. You stared at his peacefully sleeping face, noting that he looked even younger in his sleep. When you shifted, he did as well, murmuring something and tightening his grip on you, keeping you securely tucked in his arms, pressed against his warm chest.

The last time that you had felt this safe, you were still with Jungsu...

Visions of his dimpled smiles, his shining eyes, and the open mouthed laugh that relayed the most beautiful sound you'd ever heard, swirled through you, slipping from your heart through to the rest of your body, as though it was as essential as the blood circulating along side it. You could hear his voice, whispering the dearest 'I love you' that had ever been spoken. You could feel his thin but strong arms encompass you and bring you closer. You could smell his shampoo, mixed with the scent of sweat from a night of tender love making. His breathing, calm and quiet, could have lulled you back to sleep had this all been a reality.

But you knew it wasn't. These were all distant memories. Memories of the last night you'd spent with your face hidden against his chest. The last night that he had rocked you to sleep as you cried yourself into oblivion. The last night that you had heard him speak those three words that meant the world to you, and, though you knew you loved him more than anything, you hadn't been able to say them in return.

Reality settled in once again, and you traced your fingertips along Henry's lips, jaw line, and finally down to his chest. Your hand came to rest over his heart and you let a saddened smile rise to the surface. This man had been here for you through these past few years, always providing comfort and love. He had given you everything and asked for nothing in return. You were certain that you could yell at him, hit him, and throw him out of your home, only to discover that he still refused to let you go about this loneliness on your own. He would forgive you in a heart beat, whether you wanted him to or not, and he would try to correct what he'd done wrong to make you so upset with him. But never... never would he leave your side. That much, you knew.
As your thoughts trailed off, you were startled by the sudden contact of Henry's hand lying over yours, holding it lightly against his chest and letting you feel his heart beat. You looked up into smiling eyes, dark orbs hazed with sleep and laced with love, and you almost broke down.

Why was fate being so cruel? Why was it giving you this second chance at love without allowing you to get over the man that had meant more to you than life itself?

"Good morning." Henry murmured, leaning down to press a chaste kiss to your lips.

His kisses felt different than Jungsu's, but you had yet to understand what this difference really was. Whether it was something good, or bad, or if your mind was making up the difference itself, hoping to deter you from using Henry as a replacement for the man your heart was still calling out for.

"Good morning." You whispered in return, leaning into his hand as it rose to caress your cheek.

"You look beautiful with your hair mussed up like that." He teased, a small chuckle escaping him. Of course, you laughed lightly with him, and raised a hand to muss up his hair as well.

"There. Now we match." You replied, suddenly craving his lips against yours once more. Though, even if you /had/ made a move to kiss him, you wouldn't have made it very far. Hyunae opened the door just a crack, the yellow, stuffed ducky that Leeteuk had given to you on your first date held tightly to her chest with one arm as she peeked inside at the two of you.

"Umma..." She whispered, as though somebody else in the house was still asleep, "Umma... I'm hungry. Can we have vegetable pancakes for breakfast?"

"Of course, sweetheart." You answered, Henry letting go of you so that you could stand up fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter