First Day

Not another Sappy Love Story

Kiyoko: purple  Ken: green

Hey, Kiyoko. How's the Japanese high life been for you? Great, thanks. Japan is cool and all, but it's nothing like Seoul. I miss it, and I'm not living the high life yet, Ken. You know, I'm really glad I came after you. After I found out that you were moving, I nearly died. Yeah. I am too. We gotta go, Ken, or we'll be late for chemistry. Before we go, there's something I wanna show you. What is it? ( we went to Ken's locker, and he pulls out Kiki, the stuffed bear that he was supposed give me for my sixth birthday.) You still have Kiki? That's so cute. And the rose you put in her hair is still attached. Yeah. I know it's kinda late, but I want you to have her. Thanks, Ken. I love it. Surprisigly, we made it to chemistry on time, and the teacher, Mr. Yamoto, gave out assigned seats. Luckily, I was sitting next to Kiyoko.(<3) ( Great. Assigned seats on the first day, and of all people, I end up next to Ken. He has no clue that I like him. I'm ashamed to admit it, even to myself...) Our next class was English. Even though the teacher wasn't assigning seats, I coincidently ended up sitting next to Ken. Ken is in all of my classes ( I came to this conclusion as the day went on), and in each class, Ken sat next to me.  After Japanese class, it was finally time for lunch. Kiyoko insisted on going back home for lunch, but I didn't let her. I decided that we go to an Oriental Resturant. Thanks, Ken. This place is awesome. We should come here for lunch everyday. No problem. When we got back, it was time for PE, the last class of the day. We did a lot of CO-OP activties, and I ended up having fun, despite the fact that I'm not athletic,(Unlike Ken) and I hate sports. I followed Kiyoko home after school. I was stalking her, trying to find out as much as possible about her. Kiyoko lives in a two story house on my street. I looked in her window, and I saw Kiki sitting on her dresser, and Kiyoko studying and playing her guitar. Her Okaasan came in, complimenting her musical talent, and told her to focus on her studies. Kiyoko smiled at Okaasan and played their favorite song. I love seeing Kiyoko laugh. It reminded me of when we were at the Carnival in Seoul. I sat in her tree for hours, admiring her music and beauty. I guess after a while, Kiyoko got the feeling that she was being watched; she opened her window, looked around, and started writing. It looked like she was writing lyrics to a song or something. I went home and when I got there, both my parents were standing in the doorway with their " Why are home so late; where have you been?" face. But this time, there was a hint of "I'm so ticked right now, I should break your legs" in their expressions. " Where have you been, Kentin?" My dad asked after an awkward silence.(Only Dad calls me by my name). I was at a friend's house. I lied. Really. And what were you doing at this "friend's" house? I could tell that Dad wasn't buying this. I asked you a question, Kentin, and I expect you to answer it! Dad was really ticked-so ticked that I couldn't even respond to the question. You know what, just forget it. We'll discuss this in the morning. Go upstairs. I was so surprised that Dad let me off so easy. What a day...